March 14th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The race to the Republican presidential nominations remains up in the air.  Watch CNN.com Live for up-to-the-minute news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - British PM arrives at White House - After spending Tuesday night checking out "March Madness" hoops action, British Prime Minister David Cameron is welcomed to the White House by President Obama, Vice President Biden and their wives.  Obama and Cameron will later hold a news conference at 12:05 pm ET.

10:00 am ET - George Clooney on Capitol Hill - Actor/activist George Clooney has played a leading role in informing the world about the Sudan crisis for years.  Today, he talk about the situation in the region before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

11:35 am ET - Santorum in Puerto Rico - Fresh off his victories in Alabama and Mississippi, GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum spends his day in Puerto Rico, where he'll meet with the island's governor in Old San Juan.

1:30 pm ET - Don Riddell live chat - World Sport's Don Riddell drops by CNN.com Live to talk about this summer's London Olympics!  He'll answer your questions live via Twitter @DonRiddellCNN.

4:30 pm ET - Gingrich rally - GOP hopeful Newt Gingrich looks to continue his presidential aspirations in Illinois, as he holds a campaign rally in Rosemont.

6:00 pm ET - Blagojevich pre-prison news conference - One day before he heads to Colorado to begin a 14-year federal prison sentence, former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich speaks with reporters outside his home.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • David Cameron • Elections • Politics • Republican Party • United Kingdom • World
  1. banasy©

George Clooney.
    *Sigh*

March 14, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Good Morning banasy
    How's it withyou today ? I'm still in Texas. Almost seems like another country here.

March 14, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hey, Rawr.
      I'm fine, how about yourself?
      I think Texans *want* others to believe they *are* a country unto itself, lol.

Gonna be near 80 here today.

March 14, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • CenTexan©

@banasy...LOL...indeed we do! Actually, I wish we would have stayed a republic myself! No offense to anyone...

March 14, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

And no offense meant to any and all Texans either. After living for so many years in the US, it just seems strange to be here.

March 14, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ah, CenTex!
      None taken.
      Hi!

March 14, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • CenTexan©

Hi Banasy and Bobcat...welcome to the great state of Texas and good to have you here!

March 14, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. Teresa Tallman

I am so disappointed in CNN news. I watch them because I think there is more "news" ...

I was just watching Obama welcome the Camerons, the prime minister of Britain. We listend to Obama. When Cameron began speaking the reporters BROKE IN and started discussing Obama's upcoming campaign.

HOW ARROGANT. THIS is what America means about the press CREATING the news...not reporting it..

IF Obama were that important to listen to...can't we be respectful enough to honor what he was talking about?

I am very disappointed. tt

March 14, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

I didn't see the interview, but if that was what they did, the they owe the PM a huge apology. That had to be the epitomy of rudeness.

March 14, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I agee.
      Why bother showing the meeting if one isn't going to let viewers listen to what the PM has to say?
      Sometimes silence is golden...

March 14, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Two zebras were standing around talking one day. One says to the other, Am I white with black stripes or black with white stripes ? The other one says, Maybe you should ask God about and he'll give you an answer.
    So, that night the zebra did that, and the lord said. You are what you are. Well the next morning he told the other zebra what god said, and he responded Well I guess that means you're white with black stripes. If it had been the other way, he would have said, You is what you is.

March 14, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Rawr, you do realize that this post is going to get pulled, right?
      lol...

March 14, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Popeye

God told me I yam what I yam.

March 14, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

Is that all that U yam ?

March 14, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ CenTexan©

Yeah, ti's pretty neat. I'm in the Fort Worth area. A place called White Settlement. All in all, it's the same, but it's different. We went to the Ft. Worth Stockyards yesterday. Big time tourist place. They had a cattle drive right down the middle of the street. That was a whole lot of T-Bones on the hoof. It made me hungry, so we went to a saloon to eat.

March 14, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CenTexan©

@bobcat...yes, the Ft. Worth stockyards draws a lot of visitors. I've never been there myself. I hear you can get a pretty good steak there. Ft. Worth is 3 1/2 hours north of me....pretty far "up north" to me! LOL

March 14, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

Dang, I'm still a yankee even when I visit somewhere down south. Or ot west whatever the case may be.
      And yes the steaks were delicious.

March 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Well good luck on that troll counter lol!

March 15, 2012 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat2u

It finally let me in.

March 15, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jaspreet

Let the world know what you think, but please do so responsibly.
    "Dallas, Fort Worth, Construction Company, foundation repair, home remodeling, roofing"

August 11, 2012 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |