March 18th, 2012

Gunmen kill American in Yemen

Gunmen shot dead an American citizen in the Yemeni city of Taez on Sunday, two defense ministry officials said.

Two men in a motorcycle fired eight shots at the teacher who was on his way to work at a Swedish language center, the officials said.

The victim's full name was not immediately available.

"We are investigating the killing as this is the first of its kind against a western national in Taiz," one of the officials said. Neither wanted to be named because they are not authorized to speak to the media.

No one claimed responsibility for the attack.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: World
  1. Yemen's civil war c. 1986

Only someone who values money more than they value their own life would go to work in Yemen, especially if you are a Jew or an infidel. Renegade Muslims who have sided with invading infidels should think twice before going to work in Yemen too. They don't take kindly to 'benedict arnolds'.

March 18, 2012 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. Yemen's civil war c. 1986

Are Jews living in Yemen allowed to have jobs higher than janitor or garbage collector yet?

March 18, 2012 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  3. RUFFNUTT (( 1/2 5th level magic-using kender ,1/4 illusionist ,1/4 warrior ))

i was kidnaped once... then i realized the door was locked from the inside...

March 18, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

@ Johnny T, Just know your his TORYEEEEEEEEE I'm trying to rythm. Did that sound good?
    Infidels are *unbelievers* in the muslim faith Johnny, so Yes I am on , as well as Yemen's civil war c. 1986.
    Get it? Ha Ha Good morning and
    Here'sssssssssssss Johnny ! 😉 He He

March 18, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat2u

American citizen in the middle east. Americans know how the people in the ME feel about americans. American ignores this knowledge and goes to the ME anyway. American gets shot because he is an american.
    Would not any" reasonable" person heed this knowledge and avoid the ME ?

March 18, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Good morning bobcat! Hows the trip going? And good point btw.

March 18, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

Good morning chrissy,
      I've been having a great time out here. We'll be heading back to Bama tomorrow. But I guess I'm ready to be home for a bit. How's things in your neck of the woods ?

March 18, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Hot and sunny! Lol you would think it was a tropical paradise if you only looked up! They are doing a great job cleaning up the mess from the tornados.

March 18, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat2u

That's good to hear chrissy. It is pretty unusual fot Michigan to have tornadoes, let alone that many at one time.
    I think I can only remember one time in my life, growing up there Detroit ever being threatened by a tornado.

March 18, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Yea july lst we had the one when that tree ended up sticking out of my dining room. And my mom tells me when i was young we had one upnorth. I dont remember it of course. They say michigan has had 5 hits this month. One near gung hoe 2 weeks ago.

March 18, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

Yeah this weather is getting screwed up everywhere.

March 18, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Yup, sign of the times i guess!

March 18, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Hey, Rawr and Chrissy.
    I agree, bobcat.
    There is no way on this green Earth that I would go to the ME...
    My M-I-L just got back from Jerusalem.
    Highly unlikely I'll ever make it there....
    Hope she took a lot of pictures!

March 18, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

@banasy©

I would love one day to make that trip. But the way things are over there, I DON'T THINK SO.

March 18, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I don't forsee it getting any better, either.
      I would love to visit Egypt, also, but alas....

March 18, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |