March 21st, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The Illinois GOP presidential primary may have come and gone, but the race to the nomination remains up in the air as the candidates head to Louisiana for Saturday's primary.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the up-to-date news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:30 am ET - European debt crisis hearing - Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke testify before a House committee on the lessons learned from the European debt crisis.

10:00 am ET - Gingrich town hall - Looking to revive his campaign, GOP candidate Newt Gingrich spends his day in Louisiana, where he'll hold a town hall-style meeting in Pineville.  He'll later meet with voters in Lake Charles at 2:00 pm ET and Lafayette at 8:00 pm ET.

11:00 am ET - Santorum talks energy - Looking to bounce back after his showing in Illinois, GOP hopeful Rick Santorum discusses energy independence in Harvey, Louisiana.

4:00 pm ET - Romney town hall - Fresh off his win in Illinois, GOP candidate Mitt Romney heads to Arbutus, Maryland, for a town hall-style meeting.

4:20 pm ET - Obama talks American energy - President Obama begins a two-day tour of Western states today to promote American energy.  He'll make remarks in Boulder City, Nevada, this afternoon, then head to New Mexico for similar comments at 8:15 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Politics • Republican Party
  1. Superman

Hello every one wheres the gang?

March 21, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • patrick ©

@superman and @bobcat2U- greetings to you both from Chicago.

March 21, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat2u

It seems like everyone is hiding so far today, Superman. What up, dawg ?

March 21, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat2u

A Texan bought a round of drinks for everyone in the bar and said his wife had just gave birth to a "typical Texas baby" weighing twenty pounds.
    A week later, the man came back into the bar and the bartender recognized him. Aren't you father of the typical Texas baby that weighed twenty pounds at birth ?
    I shore am. he proudly answered.
    Well, how much does he weigh now ? asked the bartender ?
    Ten pounds the father answered.
    Why, what happened ? asked the bartender. He did weigh twenty pounds.
    Well, we just had him circu mcised. The father proudly proclaimed.

March 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. I miss the point of jokes

He sounds diseased. They should take him to a doctor.

March 21, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. patrick ©

Where the heck is @dazzle? That girl is hiding out but I know she is here today. Phone calls go unanswered, guess I should take a hint.

March 21, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

@ patrick

How are you my friend ? I don't now how much the windy city has on us today. Wind is so strong down here, you have to carry extra weights in your pockets.
      I guess dazzle must be hiding from all her fans today. I haven't seen any postings from her since I left Texas the other day.

March 21, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Wher is your copyright, bobcat?

C'mon, copy, paste, and go back to your hat!

Hey, Patrick.
    You're in Chicago, too?
    Huh.
    I told Daz I would make a road trip, but she never answered, so I let it drop.
    Georgeous weather we're having, eh?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Santorum talking energy, huh?
    Like how he wants to get rid of the Dept. Of Energy?
    Pffffft.

March 21, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

@ banasy©
      Whatever happened, I've been unable to sign into this blog the way I used too. So, at the present time I stuck using my old alias. I'm going to keep working on it though. I miss my hat. The wind ruffles my fur too much without it.
      But rest assured the bobcat will continue to prowl. Meeeeooowwwrrrrr.

March 21, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. patrick ©

Update-@dazzles friend has a landline so I was able to solve the mystery by calling her. She went out with her girlfriends and one has the same phone as dazzle, same crazy color and model. They were all taking pictures of their girl reunion and they each ended up with the others phones. Fed-Ex is overnighting it so she should have it today. Her friend said, "Why are you stalking her?" Ouch that hurt and she wouldn't give up the name of the hotel that she is staying in.@banasy,I am outside of the WaterTower, so if you are close by come on down. The weather is beautiful @bobcat2u, you better keep yourself weighted down,so you don't blow away.

March 21, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

Now let's see if it lets me post.

March 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Ahaaaaa. The cat man is back with his hat. Temporarily at least.

March 21, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dazzle ©

Hello @banasy and @bobcat(iah), Mr. TMI put this APB out inappropriately. I have the Crackberry back again. I do love it here in Chicago, magnificent weather and people just want to feed me. @banasy, you must love living here, it is much better and less crazy than New York. @bobcat (iah), hope you made it home safely without getting in trouble with those TSA types, who are humorless dolts on a power trip. Leave tomorrow for the last leg of my journey.

March 21, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

@dazzle
    Speaking of legs, when I came out of the scanner they decided they wanted to check my left calf area. He gave me a pretty good massage. I'm wondering if he had some kind of fetish, because every man coming through got the same treatment.
    And you are totally right, those people have no sense of humor. I didn't see even one of them smile at all.
    You're on your way to OhiO next aren't you ? You have a safe trip.

March 21, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat(iah), glad you made it home safely to the South. He massaged your left calf? He must have liked you! I didn't get the scan out of MPLS BUT the female idiot did a pat down on me and told me to remove my sweater. I did have a tank top on but still. When she finished her fun, I snidely said,"did you like that?" Response, "I am just doing my job." Yeah right! Ohio tomorrow and then home.At least a lot was accomplished.

March 21, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |