House passes GOP budget plan
House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan introduces the GOP leadership's 2013 budget plan at the Capitol.
March 29th, 2012

House passes GOP budget plan

The Republican-controlled House of Representatives on Thursday passed the GOP leadership's 2013 budget plan - a measure that has no chance of passing the Democratic-controlled Senate but creates a clear contrast between the two parties on a number of critical tax and spending issues ahead of the general election.

The resolution passed in a strongly polarized 228-191 vote. No Democrats backed the measure; only 10 Republicans opposed it.

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan's $3.53 trillion blueprint includes an overhaul of the nation's tax code and major changes to popular entitlements such as Medicare - expensive programs that in the past have been considered politically untouchable.

Republicans say the plan is necessary to slow the growth of exploding federal deficits and put the federal government on the road to fiscal stability.

"We have one of the most predictable economic crises in this country coming. It's a debt-driven crisis. And so we have an obligation - not just a legal obligation but a moral obligation - to do something about it," Ryan, a Wisconsin Republican, said Thursday morning. GOP leaders "think the key components are to get spending under control, reform our entitlement programs" and help stimulate economic growth.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics
  1. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Here's another piece of breaking news for you. Remeber how they've been trying to find the reasons for the declining bee populations ? Guess what they came up with ? Yes, that's right. PESTICIDES. Can I get a big giant DUUUUUH from ya'll.
    I wonder how many billions of dollars they sank into this inquest. All they had to do was ask us.

March 29, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

bc (iah)
      DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!

March 29, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • hamsta

dumbcat stop stealing my name and causing it to look like i am saying things that Im not

March 29, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

lmfao @ bobcat, they just dont know what gems they got in us bloggers do they? And @ banasy, ik,r? Lmao.

March 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. hamsta

you socialists lose again chrissy gems only because you say what you think they want to hear like your other 2 friends

March 29, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

hamsta.
      I assume you won't be collecting SS as it will go against you priciples, correct?
      You still haven't a clue as to what a socialist IS, so please refrain from calling people names you do not know the definition of.
      According to you, a socialist is anyone who doesn't agree with YOU.

March 29, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Another BIG FAT FURRY DEAL to you! And you can stop singling me out every time you have something nasty to say hamsta!

March 29, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • hamsta

chrissy you seem like a good person but why are you with these people

March 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. hamsta

banasy look in the mirror you are a socialist

March 29, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

No, hamsta, I'm not.
      I am more conservative than you think.
      I don't agree with some things you say, but that doesn't make me a socialist.

March 29, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

And you are so wrong hamsta, i SAY what i MEAN, and MEAN what i SAY!

March 29, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

chrissy, you are one of the most honest person I know.
      You are not known to lie, backpedal, change your stories, or tell conflicting ones.
      You do not hide behind your keyboard, like someone else does.

March 29, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

With what people? The repugnant party that doesnt give a crap about no one but theirselves? They sure dont care about the old or the poor! So no, im NOT with those people.

March 29, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • hamsta

no chrissy these so called friends of yours on the blogs

March 29, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

@ hamsta, do you not have friends? And if so, do you always agree with them? Cuz in my world friends dont always agree, but they DO respect each others right to have their own opinion!

March 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

And how can you be nice now when last we spoke you called me a chickenhead or sl^t?

March 29, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

@bobcat ina a hat-Duuuuuuh who'd a thunk it, pesticides, I bet they had a commitee on that for decades.lol
    @banasy- your way more conservative than I am.
    @Chrissy-Love your honesty.
    Hamsta- you always say strange things but I never get the reason why you disagree. Hamsta where were the great cuts in programs when the GOP put us in debt the 1st 8.3 trillion? They had 6 years of house and senate, where were they then? Now we are so far under they want us to bailout from their mismanagement. While everyone of these guys in government live like a king. Just listen what Olympia Snow says she is wise.

March 29, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hamsta

chrissy i didnt mean that. i have friends in real life not in the world of blog

March 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Scottish Mama

Okay can someone tell me what a chickenhead is? And you did hamsta, you did call her that.
    @Hamsta I bet you are glad they are going to be building the lower Keystone, you know I am not. Will you be a worker bee on it?

March 29, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

So whats the difference hamsta? Friends are friends no matter where you meet them. There are no rules on where you meet friends and i would hope you would treat them the way you would want them to treat you!

March 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

@ mama, chickenhead is another gutter name for hoe!

March 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

@Chrissy I have always thought that men come up with hurtful derogatory names for us, I always find it unfair because I do not have the urge to be hurtful,(most of the time). But there have been studies that say when women say something you should give men a couple of days to think on it, because it takes them awhile to understand or absorb what we have gone over in our heads before talking to them and cannot articulate an answer as fast as we would like.
      @Hamsta- Will you be working on the Keystone? Good luck and be careful if you are it is dangerous work.

March 29, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@mama: picture a woman, her hands on her hips (imagine them wings). then imagine her yelling at someone, her head darting forward and back with every point. i think that might be where it came from.

March 31, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

Hi, Scottish Mama.

I think some people also get the word 'conservative' mixed up with the word 'republican', also.
    I am NOT a republican...if I had to label it, it would be 'empathetic independent'.
    Haveing empathy doesn't mean one is a raging liberal, either...it just means one has a heart to another's suffering, and that shouldn't be qualified by either party, as they do not own it.

March 29, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I would agree with you about the assessment of yourself. My one brother just calls me a bleeding heart who wears it on her sleeve.lol I happen to think of myself as an open minded, empathetic/ indepedent, I lean more left than you.

March 29, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |