March 30th, 2012

Sandusky trial postponed

The trial for Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State assistant football coach accused of molesting several boys, has been postponed until June 5.

The trial was scheduled for May 15 but it "must be postponed to accommodate various logistical contingencies," court documents said.

Sandusky's lawyer, Joe Amendola, said the delay may still not be enough time.

"We don't know if we will have all the information we need and are entitled to receive prior to the new trial date, but we will do our very best to be ready to proceed to trial on June 5," Amendola said.

Sandusky, a longtime defensive coordinator for the Nittany Lions, is currently under house arrest as he awaits trial on more than 50 counts of child sexual abuse. He has pleaded not guilty.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Justice • U.S.
  1. O

Mother mary has been busy today

March 30, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. BOMBO ©

You don't often see people go after RUFFNUTT. I think because he's been here a long time.

That's what I'm aiming for. In a few more months, Bombo's gloves will be off, and the fun begins.

March 30, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Its ok ruffnutt, most of us know you dont mean any harm. And we still love you.

March 30, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

@ hope, you would be hard pressed to get many people here to agree with anything philip has to say! Except for mary.

March 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Hopes

Whatever.

Laugh it up... at their expense!

I can take the criticism, why can't he?

Friends,
      Hope

March 30, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BOMBO ©

Personally, I find them all entertaining in their own way.

March 30, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CenTexan©

Can't we all just get along....?

March 30, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Hopes

I hope so...

But, people disagree sometimes, especially over moral issues.
      That should be okay and there's nothing wrong with apologizing
      or being sensitive to victims of crime, is there?
      We'll all survive and maybe become better
      people because of sharing our ideals. We all
      have something to offer and a lot to learn
      about eachother and, perhaps, the way the
      world views us.

March 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. the RUFFNUTT haters club

It is time to rebel, my brethrin. Rise up and rebel against sarcasm and insensitivity.

March 30, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Don't be a hater.
      It's not very Christian.

March 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

It is an insensitive comment, and I'm guessing a bit sarcastic.

March 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Hopes

I don't hate ruffnutt. I would have posted the same thing for anyone who insinuated such a filthy, disturbing thought about little boys who fall victim to predators. I challenged him and, still do, to write the story from the victim's point of view.

He's been here so long, it should be easy to do.

March 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

i'm not saying this is what he's thinking, but everyone has different ways of dealing with everything.

i use sarcasm often, simply because the weight of some things i don't want to carry. sarcasm, irony, parody – comedy in general, keeps some people from sinking into the depression one might get from seeing the horrors the world has to offer. if it seems insensitive, it's because you handle things differently. not better. different.

i would encourage you to ride on by like you didn't read it. getting upset or angry will only serve to make it harder for you to deal with whatever the issue is, because then you have two issues to deal with.

i don't know that i'd have said what he said, but i wouldn't try to impugn his right to say it.

March 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@leeintulsa:
      Ah, my wise, sage little grasshopper.

March 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@banasy: 40 pounds of swingin meat and a wheelbarrow full of balls and you call me little? 😉

March 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@leeintulsa:
      I knew that would get a rise out of you... :*

March 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Hopes

I don't recall exactly what he said but I think it was:

Those ghetto boys must have liked it because they never reported it.

I still stand by what I said and nothing is gonna change it!

Little boys and girls as young as a few months old are drugged and se xu al assaulted by grown men, with reels going. Exploitation of children is a growing epidemic in this country as well as around the world and as these monsters are arrested and put on trial, they say the same thing...

They LIKED it!

You're either a part of the solution or part of the problem. You can call it joking around, but there's nothing funny about it.

Educate yourself, then, come talk to me...

March 30, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@high hopes: are you talking to me? i'll assume you are, cuz i can't see how that was responding to anyone else.. i had to read it three times – i couldn't believe you would say something like that to me.

what you call joking around i call dealing with an ugly subject.

part of the problem? are you saying *i* hurt little boys? isn't that the problem?

and you are solving the problem by calling a monster a monster and saying how horrible it is? wow. so little boys don't have to worry anymore. thank you.

i might disagree with you from time to time, but i'd never try to stifle you or insult you for believing what you believe, or feeling how you feel, or acting how you act. when i *do* respond to your god smack, i simply say what i think. i don't tell you what to think or how to act..

i have kids, and ... i guess ... take great offense when someone calls me a pedo ph ile. never had to deal with it before.

and on top of ALL that, i'm uneducated?

i was starting to like you. i respected you. i'm actually hoping that was a troll. but, i don't think it was.

go back to sunday school, read up on turning the other cheek and loving thy neighbor, then get back to me.

nah, nix that. don't get back to me.

March 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

His trial "must be postponed to accommodate various logistical contingencies," my left eye!

Why is this man breathing our oxygen still?

March 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. High Hopes

@banasy

Cause he has money!

March 30, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

@ Hope, Well said and agreed with you on both posts
    Glad to see doing well today. 🙂

March 30, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. High Hopes

Hey, Mary!

I don't know which comments you're talking about, but thanks.

Hang in there,
    Hope

March 30, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mary

@ BOMBO ©, 11:31 am post, that will be interesting. I also want to see a debate between you and Hope.
    You both seem to have some unique perspectives. LOL

March 30, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Hopes

What, precisely, do you mean by that; if you don't mind my asking?

March 30, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

I disagree with Hope at times, but I don't recall being fired up enough to argue. Yet.

March 30, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

@ High Hopes, the lashing you Gave RUFFNUTT and the 2:22 post 🙂 You as well

March 30, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dazzle ©

SIGH!!!

March 30, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

@High Hopes:
    Yeah, he has money.
    He has spread so much hurt around...he has caused so much harm to so many people, and shattered so many innocents...and yet he has his money.
    I wish...yoy, I don't know what I wish...I just know that such hurt, such anguish, such pain inflicted on our kids has to stop.
    I wish I had a magic wand to erase all of the pain these poor boys feel, and all the damage done to them.
    I wish I could wave it and cure every ill, stop every war, and heal every heart.
    I have no answers; only my wishes.

March 30, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

The way these treads bounce around, I get confused. Are you talking about Sandusky or RUFFNUTT?

March 30, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I'm talking about Sandusky, ya goof!
      Ruffie doesn't have any money....

It would help if CNN went back to their old reply format, would't it?

March 30, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • High Hopes

@banasy

Well said and it will stop someday, but until then all we can do is keep watch over one another hope, wish and pray. Hate what is bad, love what is good and set the standard high, then try to live up to it.

I loved your comment and enjoy reading your inner most thoughts. Don't get to see that much... you're usually so quiet.

Your Friend,
      Hope

March 30, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@banasy: so it's not just me? the only way i can differentiate is you can't reply to replies..

March 30, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@High Hopes:
      Thank you.
      I used to let my thoughts flow much more freely, back when I was more naive, and thought anyone actually cared what I said.
      Doesn't mean the thoughts aren't still there! 🙂

@leeintulsa:
      No, it's just you.
      Kidding.
      I don't know what they did, but it sorely tries my patience at times.

March 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |