Gotta Watch: Narrowly escaping with their lives
A school bus was lodged in a building in Henryville, Indiana after being tossed by a tornado earlier this month.
March 31st, 2012

Gotta Watch: Narrowly escaping with their lives

We've recently received lots of videos of narrow misses and people barely avoiding catastrophes. They faced everything from natural disasters to auto accidents, but these lucky people managed to get away without serious injuries. You’ve Gotta Watch these great escapes.

Tornado throws bus

Here’s dramatic new video and audio recordings of the moment that an EF4 twister hit Henryville, Indiana. A bus driver carrying a busload of children must decide what to do to save them when she sees the tornado touch down. Her quick thinking gets the kids off the bus before it’s thrown into a restaurant. Watch the shocking surveillance video from inside the bus.

Fireman: Roof under him 'just dropped'

Three firefighters in Michigan were fighting a fire at a dry cleaning business when the roof collapsed underneath them. They go from ventilating the roof to diving for safety in a scene that looks like it’s right out of a movie.They say the didn't realize just how scary situation was until they saw the video.

Car swerves toward biker

This video out of Texas shows a motorcyclist barely avoiding a car that is spinning out of control. We debated about how many inches this biker was from the sedan. Watch and decide for yourself.

Post by:
Filed under: Gotta Watch • Indiana • Michigan • Texas • Tornadoes • Weather
  1. dazzle ©

@patrick, lol on the wannabe Emir. He's going to be kissing mine when he gets my letter of resignation. Happy 45th to you and give maman a kiss for me. Tori never forgets dates. On the 31st next month our child is going to be 20. Man, do I feel old. X0X Daz PS, yes I was on my PC but the mobile now. We know the difference.

April 1, 2012 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

lol @ dazzle, couldnt sleep could ya? Me either, i tell ya i would be outta there likity split. I joke about the drive by room, but truly i dont wish it on almost no one! Im with patrick, id be giving a big KMA to that boss for sure!

April 1, 2012 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lmfao @ jeff franks, have you fixed?? Surely you jest, and for what its worth, most of us love you and consider you extremely witty! 🙂

April 1, 2012 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. ♔Mmmmm♕

y'all people must be in some 3rd world time zone t'be talkin about driveby hotel rooms, depend diapers and pizza...that's nottah pretty picture tippin' for an eeecoli pizza delivered by an incontinent, diaper-wearing driver...

April 1, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. Nomenclature

NEWS CHATROOOM: A room where people discuss the news. (term used before the word 'blog' was ever thought of)

HIGHJACKER: Individuals who visit chatrooms and post comments using the personal s/n's of others. (oftentimes confused with *troll*) example: "Someone hijacked my screen name! You bassterd."

TROLL: An individual who uses various and sundry screennames for various and sundry reasons. example: Ahkmed (Philip) thinks Sheryl (Joey) is prettier that a bocat in a hat.

LURKER: A person who who scours these threads looking for someone to pounce on, or just looking for a friend. example: "Oh, I'm just lurking. I'll post something here in a minute."

THREAD: A conversation started here by a news story being released. There can be several threads going simultaneously under the same news story. example: I'm starting a new thread with this post. You can "trash" my thread, ignore it, continue with your current thread, or start a new one of your own. (cont).

April 1, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • It's........BANASY! Ta Da!

It's spelled B A S T A R D.

So answer this: what do you call a person who takes a username and perverts it?
      A hypocrite?

April 1, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. RUFFNUTT (( kush smoking , beer drinking trailer trash from belton missouri ))

WE had one pizza hut driver that was so old and nasty that he eventually got gang-green from not bathing and his foot fell off..
    rip jerry..

April 1, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. John Q. Public

@Nomenclature. I see. If I were to post as Johhny Quest, I would be trolling myself. I wouldn't be hijacking anyone else's names, just my own.

April 1, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. ♔Mmmmm♕

enjoy your square pants you spongehead...

April 1, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. Resident Alien

You left-out POSER. 🙂 And I guess if someone has no problem hijacking their own birth certificate name, they wouldn't have much of a problem highjacking someone else's either.

April 1, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  10. ♔Mmmmm♕

which holiday are y'all celebratin' today: april's fool or palm sunday???

April 1, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

See? Someone has already hijacked my Nomenclature troll @ 10:20. Trolling is one thing. Hijacking someone else's personal name or personal troll to pose as them is something else entirely.

April 1, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • It's........BANASY©! Ta Da!

Good morning, Philip.

Those are quite the definitions.
      I noticed that 'troll' has been explanded. An attempt to justify one's behavior?
      Nah, that couldn't be it.
      I also noticed that the term 'lurker' has also been expanded to include behavior from those one may not personlly like.
      Rather disegngenous when one has exhibited that same behavior with people one *does* like.

So I guess it's a personality definition?
      Nah, that couldn't be it.

I would also respectfully disagree with the one's trolling themselves.
      The examples given, "Ahkmed" and "Sheryl" are more alter egos than trolls.
      They have their own little storyline...yep. Alter egos.

But if I understand the definitions as given, using multiple usernames *is* trolling behavior?
      Just want to understand.
      As *I* understand it, a troll is a generic term for all of the above definitions, with the exeption of 'chatroom'.
      Terminology is meaningless in this situation, and I refuce to go PC on this; a jerk is a jerk is a jerk.

As I've stated previously, those definitions are something.
      If one were to host his own blog, and I visited it, I might adhere by those wants and wishes.
      Here? Not so much.

April 1, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  12. ♔Mmmmm♕

dang, you lucky dog nomen...whatchall eatin today?

April 1, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  13. dazzle ©

@Nomenciature, I love your screen name. Reminds me of the time I first learned the word in college biology. Sipping cocoa by the fireplace brings back fine childhood memories of mine in Boston. Thank You!!!

April 1, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. dazzle ©

Hi @Philip I'm good and you? Marshmallows always melt quickly and its been so long since I've had them.

April 1, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |