Gotta Watch: Narrowly escaping with their lives
A school bus was lodged in a building in Henryville, Indiana after being tossed by a tornado earlier this month.
March 31st, 2012

Gotta Watch: Narrowly escaping with their lives

We've recently received lots of videos of narrow misses and people barely avoiding catastrophes. They faced everything from natural disasters to auto accidents, but these lucky people managed to get away without serious injuries. You’ve Gotta Watch these great escapes.

Tornado throws bus

Here’s dramatic new video and audio recordings of the moment that an EF4 twister hit Henryville, Indiana. A bus driver carrying a busload of children must decide what to do to save them when she sees the tornado touch down. Her quick thinking gets the kids off the bus before it’s thrown into a restaurant. Watch the shocking surveillance video from inside the bus.

Fireman: Roof under him 'just dropped'

Three firefighters in Michigan were fighting a fire at a dry cleaning business when the roof collapsed underneath them. They go from ventilating the roof to diving for safety in a scene that looks like it’s right out of a movie.They say the didn't realize just how scary situation was until they saw the video.

Car swerves toward biker

This video out of Texas shows a motorcyclist barely avoiding a car that is spinning out of control. We debated about how many inches this biker was from the sedan. Watch and decide for yourself.

Post by:
Filed under: Gotta Watch • Indiana • Michigan • Texas • Tornadoes • Weather
  1. It's........BANASY©! Ta Da!

@leeintulsa:

I know, right?
    Subtle as a truck.

April 1, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

I am obese and smell like rotten fish....or kentucky.

April 1, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. O

@@@banasy,bobcat(in a hat), and chrissy good morning hows the gang? Yes this is gay superman, the real one!!!!!!

April 1, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Superman

@@@o at 1:49 your getting quick plese stop trolling the good people

April 1, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Superman

@@@leeintulsa,, real superman here been trolled all night but its cool LOL! So hows it going for everybody out there

April 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

been going alright. was just about to leave, though. have some final touches to attend to. have a good day, though i will most likely be back later

April 1, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

My hero is here Superman

April 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. It's........BANASY©! Ta Da!

I also fail to understand why one would think my expresiion of relief that R.W's niece is safe "insincere".
    What an unkind thing to insinuate.

April 1, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. It's........BANASY©! Ta Da!

Hi, O Superman! 🙂

April 1, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. It's........BANASY©! Ta Da!

@leeintulsa:
    Have fun, and I hope you son w h i p s your butt at lasertag!
    Have a great day! 😉

April 1, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

...not to mention the taking of the name 'Donna Banas' and perverting it into *banasy*. That's Big B Banas, and little bizzy b banasy. (btw Donna, have you read where 95% of the bees in Arizona are now Africanized killer bees? 65% in Socal)

April 1, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • It's........BANASY©! Ta Da!

Mr. Douglas, what I do with my own name doesn't justify someone else doing it.
      It is merely adding a 'Y' to my last name.
      I like the way it looks in lowercase.
      When I first met you, you were using lowercase p h i l.
      And...so?
      How I write my own name is of no consequence; but as leeintulsa put it, another puzzle slips into place.

Since you remember that coversation about the bees so well, Philip, why is it that you cannot remember who hides what in the laundryroom?
      Hint: it isn't me, and never was.

This convo is silly.

April 1, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

@Suoperman. Were you trolled, or did someone hijack your username exactly and pose as you? (Big difference between someone posting as Supermoan and Superman)

April 1, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Phillip

Superman, will you ram your throbbing meat stick up my poop chute?

April 1, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Phillip

I want to get freaky wit gay superman.

April 1, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. It's........BANASY©! Ta Da!

Hogwash.
    Doing it all all is disrespectful, demeaning, and dismissive of the person whose name is getting b a s t a r d i z e d.
    To say that there is any difference at all is spliting hairs, and enables one, in their own mind, to keep justifying their own repugnant behavior.

April 1, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dr. Pharmoney

It is not wise to choose black coffee over Ritilin and Prozac for your problem child. It means that YOU will have to deal with him instead of the drugs doing it for you. (read blackbox FDA label warnings if you can't quite grasp what "it" is) Not to mention, Dr. Pharmony is in the drug business, not the coffee trade. Sure I'd push Columbian coffee on you if my name were Juan Valdez. But I'm a prescription writer.

April 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |