April 2nd, 2012

Bin Laden's widows expected to be charged in Pakistan

Three widows of Osama bin Laden are expected to be charged Monday with living illegally in Pakistan, an offense that carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

The three women - identified by U.S. and Pakistani officials as Amal Ahmed Abdul Fateh, Khairiah Sabar and Siham Sabar - have been in Pakistani custody since U.S. Navy SEALs raided bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad and killed the al Qaeda leader in May 2011.

Pakistani authorities have started legal proceedings against the widows, alleging forgery and illegal entrance into Pakistan. The charges are expected to be filed Monday, said a source familiar with the widows' case.

The source said the Yemeni government has expressed readiness to let Fateh, bin Laden's youngest widow, return home. Saudi Arabia, where the other two women are from, has been more resistant.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Osama bin Laden • Pakistan • Terrorism
  1. pHILIP

@Mitch. Virtually everyone who has worked for the US gov. recieves a decent burial. Most do not realize that the US and UK hired Bin Laden to help the Afghan government repel the Soviet invaders. We used to cheer! for Usama Bin Laden the freedom fighter, and Congress used to arm him and his men. I would have rather he was arrested and tried for 9/11. But it's hard to arrest someone for something they've never been indicted for. (not one single US judge indicted OBL for 9/11. The FBi only wanted him for , 1998 US Embassy bombing, nothing related to 9/11. There simply never has been any evidence linking OBL w/9-11. Not according to US federal judges nor 9/11 victim's lawsuit's that name people like George W. Bush and memebers of the Royal House of Saud, not OBL nor al-quida.

April 2, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lassie

BARK BARK BARK

(filtered through google translate)

Some mean spirited, insensitive person used my name on the well rescue thread. And I feel cheap and victimized.

April 2, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

Ok Donna. From now on I'll post using your unique username since it's "splitting hairs" anyway? Do you not see that I could have been posting as YOU all this time instead of making it obvious that it wasn't you, or Joey, or Chrissy, etc.? And again, you missed the point of Banazi: Catholics willingly sided with Hitler instead of siding w/ fellow Christians resisting Hitler. It's a play on how you side with what's popular, and virtually never get involved exposing, say, openly gay Priests caught raypeing boys or the fact that some 350,000 Americans are killed ea. year by their own prescription writers. Not to mention obesity epidemic or AIDS PANDEMIC, SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILY/MILITARY ENTYTLEMENT FRAUD, ETC. Nope. It seems you just come here to gab about squat, and pounce on any who post on above mentioned subjects. And since I'm the only one who brings these subjects up, that would be me.

April 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Philip, it is always a pleasure jousting with you.

I appreciated when someone brings those topics up that you have mentioned above; it is food for thought for many.

"Nope. It seems you just come here to gab about squat, and pounce on any who post on above mentioned subjects. And since I'm the only one who brings these subjects up, that would be me." you stated.

No, I am commenting on an already established subject.

One may not like the conversation between posters, and one may deem it "gabbing about squat", but, fortunately the subjects on these threads are not decided by any one person.

One's reasons for doing what they do with the various usernames they attack is their own; I cannot wonder what goes on in their mind to justify their behavior.
      One shouldn't use a perversion of one's name to make a point about ANYTHING...it would seem that one is trying to paint the person's name being perverted as a sympathizer as to what is posted under the perverted name.
      One could post that content under their own name.

I do not pounce.
      I am much more graceful than that.

April 2, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • dribble

Why are you picking on people.

April 2, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Good afternoon banasy and mama. And as i would never go so far as to wish harm to someone, BUT if someone was to lose their typing abilities, i dont think i would be at all upset, if you catch my drift! Have as wonderful a day as you give 2 others, philip

April 2, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

It wasn't about you, Bamasy. It was about your chosen religion. What Catholics did during WW2 makes what al-quida has done seem like child's play.

April 2, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Philip:
      As I have stated perviously, I was baptised into that religion, the same as many other were.
      As I have stated previously, I not longer follow it, the same as many others do not.

JFK was free to pervert his own name, and office.
      I respected his office, as I do today, but I did not respect HIM.

I wish one would comprehend that.
      Making me out to be some rabid Catholic for their own agenda is not only disengenous, it is not factual.

April 2, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

...and get a clue. JFK perverted his own name. How'd you miss that?

April 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mitch

The fact is that most people will line up behind whatever versions suit their pre-existent views/prejudices once they have had time to take stock of the event. In an ideal world Bin Laden should have been captured alive and put on trial and left to rot ingloriously in solitary confinement for the rest of his days of this particular life-time, along with Bush/Obama.

April 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

@Mitch. You have convicted OBl in your mind based on heresay. Show me evidence...real evidence....forensic evidence...actual investigations into this made by our FBI and CIA. Quote your sources that prove beyond a shadow of dought that OBl did 9/11. ty in advance.

April 2, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@philip: i guess him saying he did it on al jazeera and other news outlets doesn't count? all the hijackers training at al qaeda camps means nothing, too?

it was all played over and over on every news outlet in the world. you look it up.

this is going to be the extent of my involvement in trying to pull your head out of the sand it's apparently been stuck in since the turn of the millenium, if not longer.. do you think they should let manson go, too. he wasn't at the tate thing, and i doubt there's any 'evidence' he was at the labianca's either

April 2, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

Will do Chrissy. Perhaps I'll walk into Chase bank, make a whip out of the lobby curtain pullchords, and whip some greed Jew ass as Jesus did. Would that be more to your suiting? Or do you just want a buddy Jesus...a buddy Philip who never rocks the boat.

April 2, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

A comparison to Jesus?
      Is THAT where we're at?

April 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. your psychiatrist

Philip, do you know the difference between "good" and "bad" attention?

April 2, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

Attention? Attention SPAN you mean(y).? Lmao

April 2, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. leeintulsa

i also heard that only one of the women, the one from saudi arabia, is welcome to return to her homeland. guess them saudis know a good human shield/slave when they see one.

not sure what the others are supposed to do if they can't stay in pakistan.. probably move em in next door to me.. i hope their cooking doesn't smell *too* bad..

April 2, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@leeintulsa:
      Hmmm. Only the Saudi wife?
      Interesting.
      I think you may be onto something there.

Well, Grasshopper, do not keep me waiting...
      Did you get it?

April 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@banasy: still waiting to find out. called 1st thing this morning – 'they'll be making a decision this morning'. called at noon, still no decision

stressing..

April 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@leeintulsa:

Oh, I'll bet!
      Let me know, will ya? I'll bug you all day if you don't....

April 2, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

lol. trust me, you will be among the first to know

April 2, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. your psychiatrist

So the answer would be "no". Interesting.

April 2, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mitch

Then why isn't the US looking for who did it. If not OBL, who?

April 2, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@mitch: oh, don't get him started. it was the cia/fbi/men in black/illuminati – all overseen by the league of extraordinary gentlemen and my butcher, dave.

April 2, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@leeintulsa:

Your butcher, Dave?
      I thought you already had the 40 pounds of swinging meat........

I'll pay for that remark, too.

They're adding up.

April 2, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. raven

Can just hear THIS one too : C' mon, honey, come with me, you'd LOVE it. Youre my wife and I NEED you. No?? Off with her head! And,bring me wife number 2!

April 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@raven:
      I'm still thinking about your beard comment yesterday....ewwwwwwwwwwww!

I don't know how many wives OBL had over the years; I'll bet not a whole lot of them completely happy, though.

April 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@banasy: i don't know that they weren't happy.. it was their culture, and they chose not to know any different. i imagine they were proud to live like they did. kinda like the pentecostals, where the women have to wear dresses and can't cut their hair off. they think we are wrong for not living that way..

April 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@leeintulsa:
      Good point, but then, I find it hard to believe that these women all chose this...
      I think some were deprived of that choice.
      *Because* they were born into it.
      I was born into a religion I chose to leave...but then again, sometimes a culture and a religion is so closely intertwined that it is one and the same.
      I am glad I live here.

April 2, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@banasy: yes, they were deprived of choice. like most every kid of every religion. i'm sure when you were a kid, you had no doubts what you were doing was the way to do it.

that's why their societies resist our culture. they don't want their people exposed to thoughts they didn't put there.

thoughts play hell with religion, ask any catholic priest.. ūüėČ j/k

April 2, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@leeintulsa:
      You don't have to kid; for many priests, it's true.

I have always hated church. Always.
      When I was young, the mass was in Latin still.
      I would sit there, with my little beanie on my head, thinking "wha....?"
      The hypocrisy was that my father never went.
      Never.
      But he would insist WE all go...

It is many folk's cuppa tea.
      Not mine.