April 2nd, 2012

Bin Laden's widows expected to be charged in Pakistan

Three widows of Osama bin Laden are expected to be charged Monday with living illegally in Pakistan, an offense that carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

The three women - identified by U.S. and Pakistani officials as Amal Ahmed Abdul Fateh, Khairiah Sabar and Siham Sabar - have been in Pakistani custody since U.S. Navy SEALs raided bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad and killed the al Qaeda leader in May 2011.

Pakistani authorities have started legal proceedings against the widows, alleging forgery and illegal entrance into Pakistan. The charges are expected to be filed Monday, said a source familiar with the widows' case.

The source said the Yemeni government has expressed readiness to let Fateh, bin Laden's youngest widow, return home. Saudi Arabia, where the other two women are from, has been more resistant.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Osama bin Laden • Pakistan • Terrorism
  1. Scottish Mama

@Philip- I do not know why but you seem to have spring in your step today, rather spunky, yeah I said spunky. Are you feeling spring or something?
    Chrissy and banasy- who would Mary in NY be? I think if this is really Philip he is using restraint today and push the restart, I know it is hard for you gals when you think it is always him. But maybe we have someone else that does not just adore us lovable regulars? lol Philip is okay right now, lets go with it.
    @lee-I see no love lost.lol
    I have never been able to stay mad long, even when I wanted too. (I really wanted to hold a grudge, but can't, dang it)
    Now if a troll is messing with us, games on.

April 2, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I have no idea as to what you mean...I hold no grudges against anyone.
      Life is too short.
      I have merely answered posts and given my opinion.
      Nothing more, nothing less.
      Peace.

Leeintulsa:
      I am so sorry.
      My thoughts are with you and your family.

April 2, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Mary is Philip's good friend.
      She used to post under Jazzzzzzz or variations thereof.
      She uses her first name to post now.

April 2, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BOMBO ©

And condolensces on the job lee. I'm thinking of getting out of this zoo, but I'll make less money if I go anywhere else. Once my mortgage is paid off, I'll be free to leave. Maybe I can sell hot dogs.

April 2, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Brian

@ DoubleW, Government OWNS everyone pal! That goes for your sorry A @@ too! They can do what ever the blank they want!

April 2, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DoubleW

@ Brian, can't argue with that NEEDLE P I C K !!!

April 2, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Trolls are here.

Goodbye.

April 2, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dazzle ©

@Mitch, I'm right here.

April 2, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. leeintulsa

@double w: i've been to arlington, and the graves are marked with the symbol of the religion the deceased declared in boot camp.

i didn't see any with no religion, but i certainly didn't see them all.

maybe the military is like my grandma.

'grandma, i don't believe in all that'

'oh, of course you do'

lol

April 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

@Scottish Mama. Really? You aren't sure if it's me or not? Who else could it be? lol 🙂 But yeah, I moved accross town yesterday and my new place is much more peaceful than my old one. It is springtime here in the Rockies, but it's snowing w/60 mph winds. (shrug) And I refuse to work on Mondays, so i'm well rested. Anyway, thanks for thinking that I might not be such a bad guy after all. 🙂

April 2, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

@those discussing the crosses on graves. By now, most people have discovered that Christmas isn't actually Jesus birthday, yet Christians still celebrate it for whatever reason. It's much the same way with the cross. While not as many as those who have figured-out Christmas, millions of people now know that Jesus died on a stauros', the word translated as 'cross' in your bibles. And that when Rome built a siege fence around Jerusalem, according to your bibles it was made of upright stakes and poles. Ask any greek student...a stauros' isn't a cross, it's an upright stake or pole. The word xy'lon is also mistranslated as cross, when it really means wood that has been cut for use, like firewood. (Greek-English Lexicon, by Liddell and Scott. See also "The Non-Christian Cross" by J.D. Parsons, London, 1896) Not to mention, people were wearing crosses around their necks long before Jesus ever walked this earth, even ancient Babylonians.

April 2, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@philip: all of the christian and jewish holidays were designated to coincide with when the pagans were celebrating. that's why the religions celebrate different things at the same time.

if you want to convert the pagan, you have to party when the pagan parties. christmas and hannukah coincide with the winter solstice, easter/passover happens around the spring equinox, and like that.

at least, that's what i've heard. makes sense to me..

April 2, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

@ mama, i try, actually i try to ignore him totally. When i first started posting here and for many months i thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, he showed me the error in that thought!

April 2, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

(forgot to mention thatyour bibles use the same word, stauuros', to describe what Romes siege fence around Jeruslam was made of. Never has their been a siege fence made of crosses. They all used stakes and poles to build fences, just like we do)

April 2, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

Chrissy? Were you aware that the root word for 'Ignorant' is ignore? Like if you ignore studying, you become ignorant. Now, I'm not calling you ignorant. I'm simply pointing out the dangers of ignoring people and what people have to say/write. And c'mon, who can resist my charm. he he he. 🙂

April 2, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. DoubleW

What the heck! My last post was @ 3:47 guys
    @ Brian, Back atcha BUTTER BUTT !!!
    @ Philip, No matter if it was a cross or a stake isn't the point is it? Jesus did die for our sins. Yes?
    @ Dazzle, Sorry sweet cheeks I'm married
    @ lee, But didn't Grandma get run over by a reindeer? 😉 LOL

April 2, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • dribble

You and mitch are the same guy?

April 2, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DoubleW

LMAO! Good one Philip.
    @ chrissy, sorry didn't mean anything, but it was funny.

April 2, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

@whomever "WW" is, no, Jesus did not die for Adolph Hiler's sins. Adolph Hitler did. Jesus died for those of us living that we might never die ourselves. The true hope layed-out in the bible is for most of us who truly love Jesus to never die, but to go-on living forever right here on earth after Jesus Christ "brings to ruin those ruining the earth". True, some do go to heaven as members of God's kingdom government, with Jesus Christ as King. Who will they be ruling? All whom appreciate Christ's sacrifice. (along with about 50 billion people who will be resurrected back to life on earth)

April 2, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |