April 16th, 2012

Trial set to start for Norway mass murder suspect

The trial of a man accused of killing 77 people in a bomb and gun rampage in Norway last summer is scheduled to begin Monday.

Anders Behring Breivik was charged last month with committing acts of terror and voluntary homicide. He is accused of killing eight people in a bomb attack in Oslo, then going to Utoya Island outside the city and systematically gunning down 69 more people, many of them teens and young adults.

The mass killing on July 22 was the single largest loss of life in Norway since World War II.

Breivik has pleaded not guilty, though he has admitted carrying out the attacks, according to the judge handling his case previously.

Breivik's trial is expected to last up to 10 weeks. If he is convicted, his punishment will be based on the determination of his sanity. It may not be possible for him to receive the maximum punishment if he is deemed insane.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Justice • World
  1. FREE MP4/3GP VIDEOS FOR FREE, 4 ADULT ONLY

for defence and he almost cleared 100

April 16, 2012 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. fernace

He'll probably spend the rest of his life in an asylum, heavily medicated! If they let him out he wont live long! Scandinavians are peaceful people, but this is too attrocious to forgive & forget! He murdered children! Norweigans wont forget that!!

April 16, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Breivik may be exactly as crazy as Sheryl's glass-eyed fox stole.
    He may be just saturated with hatred and clever enough to realise that by killing that many he would appear insane to most human beings.
    I'd be interested to meet him and see for myself whether he's a good con-man as an actor. When I coach singers, I can detect loss of focus on a syllable, and I say, "you lost focus on '-ly.'"
    In any case, this guy should never be free again.
    The whole thing screams for an unavailable death penalty.

April 16, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

I thought they already determined he wasnt insane?? Although he has to be more than slightly unbalanced to commit such acts. But an eye for an eye!!

April 16, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

also...I just pooped in my Depends diaper.

April 16, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. fernace

Not chrissy, probably Mary-Jazzzz!!

April 16, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |