April 19th, 2012

Thursday's live events

The 2012 presidential election can sometimes change at the drop of a hat.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:54 am ET - Oklahoma City bombing anniversary ceremony - A ceremony marking the 17th anniversary of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City takes place.

10:00 am ET - Syria crisis hearing - Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey testifies before a House committee on the situation in Syria.

11:00 am ET - Discovery arrives at Smithsonian - The Smithsonian Institution formally welcomes space shuttle Discovery to the museum complex.  The shuttle will be placed on permanent display there.

11:00 am ET - Florida 'Stand Your Ground' announcement - In the wake of the Trayvon Martin shooting, Florida Gov. Rick Scott will announce the creation of a task force to look at Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law.

1:15 pm ET - Romney in Ohio - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney speaks to supporters in Lorain, Ohio.

2:20 pm ET - Obama honors the Crimson Tide - President Obama welcomes the 2011-12 BCS National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide to the White House.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Politics
  1. kellyintulsa

lmao Thanks Bobcat I needed a good laugh !!!

April 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

South Korea just announced that the latest cruise missiles they have can hit any spot in N.Korea.
    Leon Panetta our D.Secy says " we are closing to an inch towards war every day" (Iran).
    Consensus of 17 US agencies finds that Iran has not enriched uranium above 20% far short of 90% needed as weapons grade and they have no viable nuclear delivery system.
    The world indeed is going bonkers.

April 19, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Street soldier

Why mess with india ? What did they do to us leave the neutral countries alone may be you should look in your own back yard or check the mirror once in a while that will put you just a little closer to the main problem of the stronger feeding on the weak typical american standards

April 19, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dazzle ©

Good Morning Kelly,Chrissy, Superman, and our 2 comedians @bobcat(iah) and Bombo! Come to think of it my daughter had an Elmo doll and I am going to find it before she gets home. I will put it on her bed and show her this joke. @Superman, we are going to be near 100 today, so the only way to survive is to grill a steak outdoors and dive into the pool.Welcome Kelly.

April 19, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dazzle ©

Comment awaiting moderation. What's that all about CNN?

April 19, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cricket

It means it will never see the light of day. No one looks at them. They will just never make it to the board.

April 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Superman

@@@kellyintulsa,,,,,there you are ive been looking for you on cnn its really sweet to have you here with the family,,,,,,,,, this is the real superman here just ask chrissy,,,,,still having trouble with photos,,,,, they can be mailed to me that would be much easier chrissy has my # so you can text and talk anytime you feel like and we are all here here for each other,,,, how you ? And the kids? So get back to me here or through chrissy and retrieve my # for text from here dont worry im no as# ho#e and not mean ,,,,,,,superman here/ gay superman

April 19, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Superman

@@dazle c,,,,,,,, it means that a comment is awaiting moderation,,,,,,,,stupid computers

April 19, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ dazzle, superman, kellintulsa, cricket

I'm sitting here all broken hearted. A couple people took umbrage with my Elmo joke. My world is shattered. How can I ever tell another joke again ?

April 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat(iah) screw their umbrage, keep em coming. I know this sarcasm:-)

April 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat) ©

The Wolf Man comes home one day from a long day at the office. "How was work, dear?" his wife asks.

"Listen! I don't want to talk about work!" he shouts.

"Okay. Would you like to sit down and eat a nice home cooked meal?" she asks nicely.

"Listen!" he shouts again. "I'm not hungry! I don't wanna eat! All right! Is that all right with you? Can I come home from work and just do my own thing without you forcing food down my throat? Huh?"

At this moment, the wolf man started growling, and throwing things around the apartment in a mad rage.

Looking out the window, his wife sees a full moon and says to herself, "Well, I guess it's that time of the

April 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cricket

@bc(iah):
    I see you got over it....lol....I liked your Elmo joke. This one, too....

April 19, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Superman

@@@bobcat(iah) its alright ill put a bandaid on it for you,,,we are still laughing

April 19, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat) ©

Chester and Earl are going hunting. Chester says to Earl, "I'll send my dog out to see if there are any ducks out in the pond. If there aren't any ducks out there, I'm not going hunting."

So he sends the dog out to the pond. The dog comes back and barks twice. Chester says, "Well I'm not going to go out. He only saw two ducks out there."

Earl says, "You're going to take the dog's barks for the truth?" Earl doesn't believe it, so he goes to look for himself. When he gets back he says, "I don't believe it where did you get that dog? There really are only two ducks out there!"

Chester says, "Well, I got him from the bre eder up the road. If you want, you can get one from him, too."

So Earl goes to the bree der and says he wants a dog like the one his friend Chester has. The bre eder obliges and Earl brings the dog home, tells it to go out and look for ducks. Minutes later the dog returns with a stick in it's mouth and starts hum ping Earl's leg.

Outraged, Earl takes the dog back to the bre eder and says, "This dog is a fraud. I want my money back!"

The bre eder asks Earl what the dog did. So Earl tells him that when he sent the dog out to look for ducks, it came back with a stick in its mouth and started hum ping his leg.

The bre eder says, "Earl, all he was trying to tell you was that there are more f– king ducks out there than you can shake a stick at!"

April 19, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Superman

@@@bobcat thats what live events are for your doing dam good bravo

April 19, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat) ©

A little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest little lisp: "Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep wittle wabbits?"

And the shopkeeper gets down on his knees, so that he's on her level, and asks: "Do you want a wittle white wabby or a soft and fuwwy bwack wabby or maybe one like that cute wittle bwown wabby over there?"

The little girl puts her hands on her knees, leans forward and says in a quiet voice: "I don't fink my pyfon really giveths a thit."

April 19, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat) ©

One night a robber broke into a home and heard a voice say, "Jesus is watching you!" while he rumagged through the desk.

He replied, "Who said that?!"

Once again he heard the same thing, "Jesus is watching you!"

The robber looked around the room only to see a parrot. He asked the parrot what its name was. The parrot replied, "Cornelius."

The robber said, "What kind of a name is that?! Who names a parrot that?!"

The parrot said, "The same person who named that rottweiler behind you Jesus!"

April 19, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |