April 23rd, 2012

Monday's live events

The 2012 presidential election can sometimes change at the drop of a hat.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

8:55 am ET - Romney in Pennsylvania - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney is spending his day in Pennsylvania, starting with a campaign event in South Park Township.  He then joins Sen. Marco Rubio for a town hall-style meeting in Aston at 12:55 pm ET.

7:00 pm ET - Ann Romney in Connecticut - Mitt Romney is not the only Romney campaigning today.  The candidate's wife will address the Prescott Bush Awards Dinner in Stamford, Connecticut.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. BOMBO ©

Shall I take the deleted comment as a sign from CNN that I should vote Conservative? The regular conservatives, I mean. And how would you all like to live someplace where the two main parties are "conservative" and "more conservative"? It's like Texas here, or something.

April 23, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Must have been a doozy of a comment.

April 23, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Must have been some comment.

April 23, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

It was the one that had the word gay in it. Next, they'll just block the word.

April 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I'm surprised that they still have it in!

April 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

Really. I believe that the day where "All of those in the memorial tombs are called out" of their graves and reunited with lost loved ones right here on earth. And that "Death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore." THESE are the fromer things that pass-away forever. Not this good earth. Not this good earth's good people. And CERTAINLY not the 50 billion citizens whom have died throughout our written history. They paid for their own sins with their very own lives and owe God nothing, except to stay dead if it were God whom actually executed them.

April 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

...bear in mind that I also believe it to be God's will that organized religions be bannished from the surface of the earth.

April 23, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

Well, there's always hope.

April 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

I have learned not to express opinions to those who will pick them apart with posts beginiing with "Hogwash" or "BS".
    Too much energy spent on defending my own mind.
    No offense to anyone I no longer argue with, of course.

April 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

Many are the ones whom have uttered those words, from since debate team days in HS. he he. Acourse ya gotta kind of argue during a debate. But I feel ya sister. 🙂

April 23, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I never heard those words uttered during debates; they would have been disqualified.
      There is a fine line between debate and argument; I think those words propel it *into* and arguement.
      Ya know?
      And yes, I understand.

April 23, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

...now if we could only convince the Supreme Court to keep her opinions (on matters where the desires of the few outweigh the needs of the many) to herself. I believe if that lawnmower looks illegal, a police officer should be allowed to question both you and the Mexican mowing your yard, and to make arrests if current and standing laws had been violated. Of course I believe it NOT to be a violation of a gay mans civil licerties to charge hims with statutory raype as the sC DOES, either.

April 23, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

*violation of a gay mans civil liberties. Currently, the Supreme Court is of the opinion that it IS a violation of his civil rights to even charge him with statutory raype of a younger male, let alone try and convict him. Actual cases over this have been fought, and the SC based their opinions on a previous SC case opinion that didn't even involve anyone under 18! Classic example of the desires of the few being shoved down the throats of the many...like abortion and the right to pursue carreers rather than raise children. No, the avg. American woman is overly obese, not Supermom.

April 23, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Vanishing Posts

I really enjoy CNN's new Post and Poof! policy...strategy, whatever. (sigh)

April 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

I believe that outlawing what gay people do with their choice of partner OVER THE AGE OF CONSENT and CONSENUALLY WITH THEIR PARTNER is, indeed, a civil rights violation, no matter if some people find it against thir personal and religious beliefs.

But then y'all knew that.

Raype is another matter.

But then y'all knew that too.

Ta ta.
    Off for some time with my daughter at the mall.

April 23, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Superman

@@@banasy,,,,,hows it goin? Its sad that a few men have brought the ax down on the gay male population me being a gay male myself which is known , i could and would not engage with anybody under the age of 40yrs old but there is a few out there that have an ill state of mind and its these people that cause these things to happen in court, and further causes a major rift in the states decision to legalize same gender marriage,, even though that decision is is not based on these crimes! But in reallity it is it will/ has made its way in that decision making process,,,,,,,,,so hi banasy hope every thing finds you healthy and happy,,,,,,,,,get back

April 23, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. BOMBO ©

Some people honestly don't see the difference between a consensual and non-consensual relationship. They also see raype and molestation as s3xual acts, rather than acts of violence. How strange that some people still think that way.

April 23, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

I further believe that the obese population is almost equal, and the days of women staying ome is a thing of the past, due to a myriad of thing, economic woes being one of them.
    There are many more women who are pro-CHOICE (note the word choice, thank you) than aren't.
    No matter how one spins it, it is the word choice that is at heart here, and for one to keep diminishing the choices and RIGHTS of one half of humanity by the other half is disegenuous.
    For that is what it really is.
    Men making laws about women.
    Sorry id it IS 2012, and not 1959, but there ya go.
    Moral compass.
    It's all about moral freaking compass, and one cannot legislate THAT!
    Tedious.
    Just GD tedious.

April 23, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

I apologize for the typos.
    I truly despise my phone.

April 23, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. seo linkslist

obviously like your web site but you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to tell the truth then again I'll certainly come back again.

September 8, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |