May 7th, 2012

Greek uncertainty deepens as first coalition effort fails

Greece's main center-right party has failed to form a coalition government Monday, adding yet more uncertainty to the debt-ridden country's political situation.

New Democracy leader Antonis Samaras said he did "everything possible" to form a coalition, but that none of the parties agreed to join with his party, which won first crack at forming a government after finishing first in Sunday's parliamentary elections.

It will now be up to the leftist Syriza coalition, which opposes unpopular austerity measures imposed to secure a European bailout, to form a government.

That group will have three days to form a government.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Europe • Greece • World
  1. Phil Spectre

See, nothing right wing every works right.

May 7, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrHanson

Most also every left wing works right. Especially education work doesn't.

May 7, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

ty troll philip still tryin to be a comic? Get a real job. Not me @ 3:23.

May 7, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Morgan

Austerity is an utter failure, time and time again. Why? Because an economy is NOTHING like balancing a checkbook and only simple-minded right-wing zombies ever believe any of that stuff.
    Keynesian economic policies are what we need, not fascist bookkeeping fantasies created by the darlings of the extreme right.

May 7, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. hamsta

@morgan then why do you left wing socialists do nothing but fail?

May 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. hamsta

lets not forget socialism failed greece most recently but failure of socialism goes back to roman and egyptian times.didnt work so well for the NATIONAL SOCIALIST WORKERS PARTY(NAZIS)either. now socialists are destroying america while blaming capitalism. what you socialists cant understand is that the whole world can see what you are doing and why you fail. in other words you are only fooling yourselves when you blame the evil capitalists.

May 7, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

So hamsta, does this mean you will be scratching greece off your buckit list?

May 7, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

excuse me i meant bucket.

May 7, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. hamsta

@ chrissy im perfectly content staying within the confines of the continental 48. never really thought about a bucket list. i have done alot of exciting things in life. i dont know what life will throw at me next. i live my life one day at a time. im not really into hanging with the jones's. alot of my friends got married because thats what everyone else did. they also got divorced, every last one of them. maybe i just havent met the right woman. being single can be lonely sometimes but it can also be a blast. i have done a lot with my life that makes all my friends jealous. they were always to busy with their families to do some of the things i have done even though they would occasionaly watch me race cars and other things i have done.

May 8, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

lmao @ hamsta, take my advice, stay single!

May 8, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. Social Butterfly

I fail to see why people cannot differentiate between the Nazi party and a socilist. Because the word socialist if in the full name of the Nazi party? Using that locic, which is seriously flawed, a church ice cream social would be nothing more than a Nazi gathering. I am neither right-wing nor left-wing; I'm just saying. I own my own business. That would make me a capitalist, would it not? Oh, and an educated one at that. Learn the difference between the Nazis and those labeled socialists. They are NOT the same.

May 8, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |