May 10th, 2012

Greek Socialist leader gets chance to form government

The leader of the Socialist PASOK party in Greece is starting efforts to build a government, his party said Thursday, making him the third Greek politician since Sunday to make the attempt.

The PASOK party of Evangelos Venizelos came in third in parliamentary elections on Sunday, and his effort to hammer out a workable coalition comes after the heads of the parties that came in first and second admitted defeat.

He will have an uphill battle after voters angry about tough government budget cuts backed parties on the far left and right, punishing PASOK and New Democracy, the more moderate parties that made the cuts.

He has three days to cobble together a deal.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Budget • Economy • European Union • Greece
  1. hamsta

hey cnn why dont you tell the real story about the left wing neo nazis in greece bashing jews and promoting aryan supremacy? why dont you report on the fact that the word nazi is defined as NATIONAL SOCIALIST WORKERS PARTY? why dont you stop telling your readers that right wing conservatives are neo nazis? why dont you tell them the truth about the occupy protestors and their terrorist crimes instead of throwing false accusations at the tea party? when the conservatives tell you about socialism and greece why do you make it out to be that capitalism is evil?

May 10, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. hamsta

i see that if you ask cnn to tell the truth they delete your comment

May 10, 2012 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

@ hamsta, if you are so upset about WHAT cnn reports why are you bothering to read it? Sheesh! Go to a different media network and be done with it already.

May 10, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

good morning @Chrissy@ hamsta
    Yes that's one option open to @hamsta. Why get your blood pressure up on CNN reporting. Though you do get to let off steam on this blog.
    On Greece, the mess they got themselves into does need radical steps to get back on some stable footing. Lets wait for the coalition govt. to take hold .

May 10, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. veteran

@ everybody besides hamsta,yes he couldve wordve it differently but he does have a point.It was socialism that sent their economy into shambles to begin with,so why give it a try again.To make a mistake once and do it again is foolish!

May 10, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. hamsta

Good morning everybody. @ chrissy Why do i waste my time? because this is america, my home and it is important that people know the truth because these politicians are destroying my home. my answer about all that deregulation stuff is on the threads about the f 22 planes and the naval green fleet.@ veteran that is exactly what i have been telling everyone for 6 solid months. in return i get labeled a right wing extremist neo nazi terrorist tea bagger.

May 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@hamsta, you must be on steroids, you've been crazy busy. I see that you are getting a grasp of that S word.

May 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. veteran

Thats the problem with the liberals is they are quick with the tonque to call people names.yesterday i was called a idiot jerk.I dont let it bother me just consider the source.

May 10, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

@ hamsta, i MEANT if it upsets you it doesnt seem worth it to me. And @ herm, dont try and cause trouble where there is none please. I did NOT call hamsta any names!

May 10, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Do NOT start with the liberal vs. conservative argument on a thread that has abolutely nothing to do with the United States.

May 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hamsta

@ veteran im supposing you call your self that because you are a military veteran. i would like to tell you thank you for your service and wish i could shake your hand. my brother is also a veteran. he says one of americas biggest problems is that nobody says thank you anymore. in fact he says people are downright unappreciative and say things like he fought a useless war. i find that insulting to more than just military personel. i find that insulting to the victims of 9\11 and their families. i find it funny that a high school dropout such as myself can see and understand things that college educated people cant seem to grasp. might that be because they are brainwashed with a liberal agenda in college?

May 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hamsta

@ chrissy no you havent called me any names. but plenty of others have. im not going to mention any names. they know who they are. what goes around comes around.im not the hateful person most people think i am. in fact if you knew me personally you would realize i would give anyone the shirt off my back but that i have zero tolerance for moochers and stupidity.

May 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. hamsta

There is another major difference between liberals and conservatives. conservatives such as myself willingly give to those that deserve to be given to. liberals think they have to take from others and wont willingly give from their own pocket.

May 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Good, now we are on the same page and now YOU understand my frustration with that moocher in my house that i cannot get out! lol

May 10, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. veteran

As i didnt include all liberals I should have been more careful than that.I should have said its my experiance that most liberals are quick with the tonque,but that.Sorry you two sheesh that make twice I apoligize mayby i need to stop posting!

May 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. veteran

Besides you two never called me names anyways and banasy you said we might have disagreemeants but we would always be friends.I would not talk about you or any of my friends without their precence!

May 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hi, veteran, what's the haps?
      I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.
      There is enough partisan name calling; I don't think any one liberal or any one conservative is representative of all liberal, or all conservatives.

@hamsta:
      A person's generosity is indicative of one's heart, and not one's affiliation with a political party.
      A person who gives generously, (ie: you, me, chrissy, and veteran) have generous hearts, even though we may not share political affiliations.

May 10, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |