May 14th, 2012

Monday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

8:30 am ET - Dalai Lama honored - The Dalai Lama will receive the Templeton Prize in London.  The award honors someone who's made an exceptional contribution to affirming life's spiritual dimension.

12:30 pm ET - Obama speaks to college graduates - President Obama delivers his first commencement address of the college season this afternoon, as he addresses graduates of Barnard College in New York.

1:30 pm ET - 'Baby Gabriel' would-be adoptive mom trial - Testimony continues in the trial of Tammi Smith, who's accused of forgery and custodial interference in the case of missing child Gabriel Johnson.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics • Tibet • World
  1. banasy©

What:
    Philip addressed a post I had made.
    I addressed him back.
    Therefore, the dog was nipping at •my• heels, and not visa-versa.

May 14, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Phlip

Jesus words are never out of context The scriptures I quoted from Matt. ch. 10:34-37 stand on their own merit.
    And I see someone hijacked my personal s/n again. (not merely "trolling") So, I guess I'll have to go-back to creating various and sundry usernames to post under again. (shrug)
    Most understand that WHAT is said is of more vital concern than WHO said it.
    "Principles come before personalities"
    MOST, not all, believe and understand this. Those who worship idols have a hard time grasping it though.

May 14, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obviously

some will spend more time observing and seeking out the posts of a personality rather than principles of anothers' posts, even so far as to response to said personality rather a response the principles' post. I believe it's called obsession.

Have a nice day seeking out each others posts
      Good day all .. this world is obviously a place where I don't belong.

May 15, 2012 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

I've been hijacked on this thread! I'll have to start making up new usernames, apparently.

May 14, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@banasy, I hear you and the thing is just worsening. I am off on my trip back east tomorrow.

May 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dazzle ©

@bobcat(in a hat) ©, is it really you?

May 14, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle ©

Yeah it's really me. What in the world has been going here ? I've been really busy the last couple days, and come back yo find my friends wanting to change their u/n's.

May 14, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

@dazzle ©

What time is your flight tomorrow ? I'll have to find a special joke for the occasion.

May 14, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dazzle ©

I know, I was getting crazy. Was that really you that was asking about your trip this way and tent city. Your u/n looked off.

May 15, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

But dazzle, I must bid you goodnite. Hopefully We'll be able to talk tomorrow before you leave. In case we don't, you have a safe flight.

May 15, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. Thelma Lou Brickmore

Nah, I'm not going anywhere.
    Just the usual umbrage being taken with anything I say, and the usual snide innuendos that go with it.
    SSDD.
    You see my responses; the other posts have since been deleted.
    It's all good.
    Do tell Herkie I said hello, though.

May 15, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. Thelma Lou Brickmore

Jiminy, these posts are all out of order again!
    Miss dazzle©, have a safe trip.
    Bobcat, I feel your pain.
    I have not been posting as much; yesterday I was barely on...
    I have the Whirling Dervish starting Wenesday, so I need my rest.
    Had her today; I'm worn out!
    Perpetual motion does that to me, knowhatimean?

Anyhow, goodnight, dear friends.

P.S.: I miss your jokes.
    No matter what someone says, they are welcome, AND anticipated.

May 15, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ T L B

I promise, my jokes resume tomorrow. And I just spoke with Herkimer, and he said he will talk to you tomorrow. Get your rest, you're going to need it. Good nite to you sweet lady.

May 15, 2012 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Thelma Lou, I almost powered down but wanted to reply to you. I've missed you too, don't be a stranger. Thank you for your good wishes. We girls don't know what packing lightly is. I'm trying though.

May 15, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  10. dazzle ©

@bobcat(in a hat) © I think it is 2pm Central. I will be up extra early though because my gatos are going to be freaking out. I will laugh especially if some big old female tries to grope me. I look forward to a special dazzle joke. Yes, trying to get alll of my hair and shower products in a 3oz bottle is ridiculous. I will bid you a very good night. I'm going to try and get some sleep.

May 15, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |