May 16th, 2012

Wife of former Syracuse coach accused of molesting ball boys to speak

Laurie Fine, the wife of a former Syracuse University assistant basketball coach accused of molesting ball boys, will break her months-long silence Wednesday to address what she calls false accusations in the case, her lawyers say.

"ESPN published worldwide defamatory statements about Laurie Fine," said one of her attorneys, Lawrence Fisher. "They have essentially ruined her life, destroyed her reputation in the Syracuse community that she loved and served for so many years."

Bernie Fine was fired from Syracuse in November after several ball boys came forward and said the basketball coach molested them.

Bernie Fine, who has not been charged with a crime, has maintained his innocence, saying shortly after the allegations surfaced that they were "patently false in every aspect."

Former Syracuse ball boys Bobby Davis and his stepbrother, Mike Lang, were the first to step forward publicly last year with allegations against Fine.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Justice • Sports
  1. My two pennies

I shall believe what I believe, you shall believe what you believe, and never the twain shall meet. I cannot no more say what you believe is wrong than you can about mine. Anyone trying to force anyone else to believe as they do is not only doing the other persin a diservice, they are doing it to themself. Bashing anyone for their opinion is silly and immature, and takes away from a very valid message-if they could stop themselves from from finger pointing and name calling and all of the other garbage that goes on here. Politics and religion should remain separate, as churches do not pay taxes that keep our infastructure and economy moving forward. Just my two pennies, which, given the nature of these blogs, will be torn apart in about two seconds after posting this. I'll not stick around, because I hate to see people's opinions being laughed at, and that seems to be very common here.

May 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I guess I never minded being laughed at or because of. I do not seek to change minds, just to open and help them tolerate me. I ams what I ams. lol. Less name calling and more tolerance,( we are going to need alot more of it.)

May 16, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ pennies from heaven

Dont worry none about the hater baters..speak ur mind. U ain't gonna be changin anyone elses anyways...lol.....

May 16, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Doktor Theo Morel

None make fun of the high blood pressure pills I had Nazi Bayer Pharmaceuticals mix for me. After I cured Adolph Hitler of his STD's, he had a soft time getting it up. My high blood pressure pills raised his B.P. so high, his blood only had one way to go: to his pee stick. Glad to see you folks carrying on the tradition.:)
    (true story about Adolph and his doktor, btw)

May 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Adolph Hitler

Yep. Those pills work, as most of you know.
    And who says religion and politics don't mix. Without religion, the war would have been lost. Not by me, you. (Not every single catholic joined with Hitler as they did with the allied forces. No fair. 🙂

May 16, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @ dolfie

The chatty cathys were the only ones fightin the fight huh? Gots urself some hate fo the papys, lotsa wipin down by yer gang of nasties...

May 16, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

@Scottish Mama. Jesus' second coming happened decades ago according to the bible. He is busy gathering his sheep his sheep and seperating them from the goats as we speak. Most confuse Jesus' second coming with Armageddon, so don't feel like yer the only one or anything. 🙂

May 16, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I guess I am a goat?lol I guess I believe the life I lead will be considered. I guess doubting Thomas had his day.
      So if it is decades ago than maybe Obama could be separating? Who is to say who is the second coming, it could be anyone. But some of the pius are goats also, as no one knows his words anymore. It has been taken for man's own sake and taken to get their own perversions into play. The bible is a book and no one knows the true intent of your Jesus or God.

May 16, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

"When Jesus arrives in his glory...then he will sit down on his thrown. And the nations will be gathered before him, and he will seperate people from one another, just as a shepherd seperates the sheep from the goats."-Matthew 25:31,32.
    "Do not think I [Jesus] came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. For I came to cause division..."-Jesus@Matt. 10-34,35.
    See? Jesus already returned. Can you not see the division he is causing just as he promised? Can you see that this seperating work must be accomplished before Armageddon "brings to ruin those [goat-like people] ruining this earth"?
    "Happy is he who hears the words of this prophecy [book of Revelations], and who observe the things written in it, for the appointed time is near."-Revelations 1:3. (so yes, Revelations is only a mystery to the goats, as is much of God's word)

May 16, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mary

@ Philip, Reminds me to "put on the full armour of God everyday."

May 16, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

I just came across this verse and had to share. "Every breathing thing – let it praise God." Beautiful 🙂

May 16, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Old Arab-African slave traders were commonly named Obama, Hussein, and Barrack

"It has been taken for man's own sake and taken to put their own perversions into play."–Scottish Mama
    Odd. That's what the bible says about men taking men to bed. 😉

May 16, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |