Donna Summer dies at age 63
May 17th, 2012

Donna Summer dies at age 63

Seventies disco queen Donna Summer has died at age 63, her publicist said Thursday.

Summer rose to pop music fame starting in 1975 with "Love to Love You Baby." She went on to record other songs that proved popular on the dance scene, including "Bad Girls" and "She Works Hard for the Money."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Music
  1. So sad.

Met my wife on the Disco floor as she danced to Dancing Queen. Forever in our hearts Donna...forever....

May 17, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. NavySeaman

I don't see what the big deal is... They can make a hologram of her that will sing just like her. The only difference will be that the hologram doesn't smoke crack. The 2pack hologram didn't commit a single crime...

May 17, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • SEMPERFILDO

Pretty much, your spot on! Holograms are also easier for record labels to control, since they can't go out murdering white people all high on drugs. Never heard of a hologram selling drugs to 6 year old.

May 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • mm

Doesn't matter how many times you change your name, you're still a mindless trolll!

May 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

Even better, save money on the hologram idea and make a comment-bot to post as you and do nothing else. Those programs already exist.

May 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. tac

what does that have to do with donna summers?

May 17, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tony

RIP Donna Summer.. U R 1 of the reasons I am who I am today in this world.. I will miss you Greatly
    LONG LIVE THE DISCO QUEEN

May 17, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. PQW

The Queen of Disco you will be missed. Here was a true talented lady with more class then the late junkie Miss Huston. I hope the news give her half the attention that Huston got and is still getting, because Donna you earned it. Will miss you Donna but will see you I in the great gig in the sky

May 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. 70sfan

Other news sources said she lost her battle with cancer. RIP Donna

May 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. shaun

Are you serious! First Whitney Now Donna! aaahhh come on man!

May 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. JiminyCat

Love to love you Donna. I'll remember you every time I hear your songs on my iPod. *Sad*

May 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Confused...

I'm sorry, but i fail to see what this book has to do with the LOST of Donna Summer? Perhaps, you should promote Bristol Palin book on a more relevant forum. RIP Donna....

May 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

One of the original Divas.
    Loved her rendition of "MacArthur Park".
    My sympathy to her family and friends.
    Rest In Peace.

May 17, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Maggie B

I was so shocked to hear that about Donna. Back in the day, you heard her music everywhere! I loved her style, and her music. I always thought that she was a fine artist and she could really sing. My deepest condolences to her family..she will be missed greatly....

May 17, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • NavySeaman

Maggie, just wait on the hologram. It will be awesome!

May 17, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Maria

God bless you Donna...70's generation will trully miss you!!....RIP

May 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Stephen in VA

Y'all who cracked comments about the poor lady being "these people" who abuse drugs make me sick. She's had cancer for years. RIP, Donna Summer.

May 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • SEMPERFILDO

First off, I don't know if you are talking about her Zodiak sign or if you are inferring that she indeed suffered from a cancerous tumor. As a MEDICAL DOCTOR, I can tell you ... crack cocaine is a known carcinogen! Oh, and BTW, by "those people" I was talking about DISCO legends. Nice try there buddy, trying to incite racial violence on a CNN message board.

May 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Beatlejeff

I've always loved what she did to "McCarther's Park"

May 17, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • NavySeaman

OMG! is she the one who was on PCP and went on a rampage at that park back in '93? Too bad her hologram won't be able to go on rampages throughout various parks. It would be awesome for her hologram to have a concert at one of the beautiful National Parks. maybe with some bears or other wildlife around. I hear black bears are pretty awesome and have magnificent claws.

May 17, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |