May 22nd, 2012

Tuesday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - Florida real estate developer trial - Testimony continues in the trial of Adam Kaufman, who's charged with second-degree murder in the death of his wife.

12:00 pm ET - John King live chat - CNN's John King is back for his weekly political chat!  Send him your questions via Twitter @JohnKingCNN and he may answer them live!

1:45 pm ET - Biden in New Hampshire - Vice President Biden is on the campaign trail this afternoon.  He stops in Keene, New Hampshire, to discuss the economy with supporters.

2:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The debt ceiling and the eurozone crisis will likely top Press Secretary Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Justice • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. kellyintulsa

Good Morning Everyone. I hope this is the start to a wonderful day for you all.

May 22, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • G. Zeus™

I am almost ready for bed, but thank you for the nice wishes. Have a good day yourself.

May 22, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. intexas

In response to kellyintulsa, good morning to you too, it's a beautiful sunny day, I have my job, and in good health, good friends and relatives, I will be on vacation soon.........can't complain...trying to enjoy life.....I'm thankful really....
    Someday, I will definitely be going to visit the Tokyo Tower. It has to be a breath taking view when you get to the very top. I've been to the CN tower, Empire State, Sears Tower in Chicago, SkyDeck in Melbourne Australia and Eiffel Tower in Paris. So far Eiffel is the best.

May 22, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. Houstonian

Unfamiliar with the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, eh? And the inverse square law? The wi-fi card in your laptop subjects you to more of this kind of radiation than you'd get from the structure's antennas when standing on the street below that tower. Oh, and think about what's closest to your laptop's wifi card when the laptop is on your lap. Now go make yourself some tinfoil underwear while the rest of us discuss what the windchill on those observation platforms would be.

May 22, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. Justa

Wow, and I didn't see anyone here question anything about the radiation on that tower...guess it was just an opportunity to act out your pompous asshat wish. You've suceeded, Houstonian. Now, go play in traffic.

May 22, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Good morning, kellyintulsa.
    It's beautiful here...I wish you a fabulous day yourself.

@intexas:
    Being from the Chicago area, my tower will always be the Sears Tower, lol....

May 22, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. ©bobcat (in a hat)©

There are several men in the locker room of a private club after exercising. Suddenly a cell phone that was on one of the benches rings. A man picks it up and the following conversation ensues: "Hello?" "Honey, It's me. Are you at the club?" "Yes." "Great! I am at the mall 2 blocks from where you are. I saw a beautiful mink coat... It is absolutely gorgeous!! Can I buy it?" "What's the price?" "Only $1,500.00" "Well, OK, go ahead and get it, if you like it that much..." "Ahhh and I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the 2001 models. I saw one I really liked. I spoke with the salesman and he gave me a really good price ... and since we need to exchange the BMW that we bought last year..." "What price did he quote you?" "Only $60,000..." "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options." "Great! Before we hang up, something else..." "What?" "It might look like a lot, but I was reconciling your bank account and...I stopped by the real estate agent this morning and I saw the house we had looked at last year. It's on sale!! Remember? The one with a pool, English Garden, acre of park area, beachfront property..." "How much are they asking?" "Only $450,000... a magnificent price, and I see that we have that much in the bank to cover..." "Well, than go ahead and buy it, but just bid $420,000. OK?" "OK, sweetie... Thanks! I'll see you later!! I love you!!!" "Bye... I do too..." The man hangs up, closes the phone's flap and raises his hand while holding the phone and asks to all those present: "Does anyone know who this phone belongs to?"

May 22, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@ ©bobcat (in a hat)©:
      Lol...that's cute!

I noticed you added an extra ©, for synchronicity, (I love that LP), I guess.
      Do you mind if I shorten it once in a while to this?

bob©at

Nah, I like Rawr better.

Hey, chrissy and saywhat!
      What's the haps?

May 22, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

lmao @ bobcat, good afternoon, thank you for the smile. And beautiful day here as well banasy, and kelly!

May 22, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Good afternoon all you good folks.
    Enjoy your day.

May 22, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ©bobcat (in a hat)©

Good afternoon chrissy, banasy, kellyintulsa, and saywhat. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

May 22, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

SSDD @ banasy lol. Sure hope you werent expecting different? Good afternoon saywhat, enjoyed reading your posts last night. Troublesoom times for sure eh?

May 22, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |