May 23rd, 2012

Egypt makes history with vote for president

One of the world's oldest civilizations took a major step toward democracy Wednesday, as Egyptians began a historic vote for president.

Grandmother Nadia Fahmy, 70, was so determined to be the first one to vote at her polling station that she camped out in a plastic chair for two and a half hours before it opened.

"I am here to vote for the first time in my life," said Fahmy. "I want to vote for the first time. I want to see a new generation for my country. I want everything to change."

Other people told CNN they had waited up to four hours to vote as an atmosphere of enthusiasm swept polling stations in the capital.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Egypt
  1. Cindy

And so many people in the US , are too lazy to vote!!!!

May 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • me138

We lack candidates to vote for.

May 23, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Good LORD, can you just imagine how many more starving children there would be in this world if single moms had to wait around for a MAN to make their decisions??

May 23, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

I would want the one who knows how to best pilot the boat to be at its wheel, regardless of gender
    And, chrissy, I posted something about the same thing on the mash-up thread yesterday...want women to stay home?
    Make it so they CAN!
    Don't put in the order if you're not going to be there foir the delivery...but that's a whole 'nuther topic.
    If women waited for men to pay the bills...you know what would be said?
    That they're "gold-diggers" and are "too lazy to work".
    Skippery slope there, folks!

May 23, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Agreed banasy, i personnally wouldve loved nothing better than to be a stay at home mom. It just wasnt meant to be. And now its next to impossible because it takes both parents to work to support a family given the economy.

May 23, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Agreed, chrissy.
    Want to have your cake and eat it, too?
    Buy a bakery.
    Can't afford the bakery?
    Bake your own damn cake.

May 23, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mary

@ saywhat, Satisfactory.
    Yet it was Satan who deceived Eve into rebelling against God, not Adam. Why? I'll let that one hang in the air for you all to chew on.
    God is very real to me as is Satan. It is his core focus throw Gods arrangement out of alignment to kill the Family in turn destroying society.
    I thank very much for your response saywhat. 🙂 have a great day all.

May 23, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Ok free speech for some eh? Ill post it again: yes i agree with your last post Mary, i believe in satan and GOD, i also believe the lord helps those that help theirselves, meaning he gave everyone a brain and intended them to use it! 🙂 have a gr8 day!

May 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Flip Wilson

"The Devil Made Me Do It" defense. Yep, ran away from my pregnant wife/GF and my kids because the devil made me do it. Wait...it's the woman's fault. Wait, it's the gay's fault. Wait,it's Obama/Bush's fault. We got a winner! Ding ding ding....MAN up, TAKE care of your responsibilites, and QUIT placing blame of the person who has to pick up the piece's of MAN's perfidy!!!

May 23, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Ty @ Flip Wilson, my point precisely! and cnn sorry that you took umbrage to my use of *using your god given brain* as i can see that was the only difference in Marys and my post (which you felt the need to delete) while leaving hers.

May 23, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

Oh my, I'm so sorry for that incoherent post. I will repost it here with corrections.

God is very real to me, as is Satan. It is his core focus throw Gods arrangement out of alignment, to kill the Family unit in turn, destroying society.
    I thank you very much for your response saywhat. 🙂

May 23, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

lol Mary, i KNEW what you meant. I havent seen the grammer police yet tho so youre safe lmao! They seem to only come out late when they think no ones paying attention.

May 23, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Plus you said it right both times.

May 23, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Huh?

So it's Satan whispering in man's ear to leave the ladies holding the bag? Why, that lil devil!

May 23, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Elwood P. Dowd

Harvey, my six-foot rabbit, is very real to me, too.

May 23, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

So do you 2 smart alecs have a better answer what makes people do evil things? Because children are born good, something happens to some, WHAT is it do ya think?

May 23, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |