May 24th, 2012

Thursday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

8:45 am ET - Romney goes to school - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney campaigns at a charter school in Philadelphia.

9:00 am ET - Florida real estate developer trial - Testimony continues in the trial of Adam Kaufman, who's charged with second-degree murder in the death of his wife.

10:00 am ET - NASA briefing on SpaceX mission - SpaceX's Dragon spacecraft is performing a flyby of the international space station today.  Officials will brief the public on the mission.

5:15 pm ET - Obama touts energy in Iowa - President Obama is spending part of his day in Iowa, beginning with remarks on energy at a wind manufacturer in Newton.  He'll then address a campaign event in Des Moines at 7:55 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Mitt Romney • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. dazzle ©

I need a little bit of good today after the flights from hell. Delays, TSA trolls, Homeland Security types, a plane that had many mechanical problems but the only thing confirmed was low fuel.@bobcat(iah), I can handle one of your jokes, really. Have a beautiful day everyone. Thanks to my ex for picking me up in Denver, feeding me, letting me rack up your water bill with a long, long hot shower etc....

May 24, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

@dazzle
    Good morning.Enjoy your stay in Denver.
    good morning fellow bloggers.

May 24, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Hi, dazzle©.
    I heard about your....ahem...adventure yesterday...
    Was it Blitzen, like I suspected?
    I'm glad you're safe and sound, love.

May 24, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Good morming, saywhat.

May 24, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. dazzle ©

Good Morning @saywhat and @banasy, I am still trying to get to the bottom of what went wrong on both flights. Being routed to Denver was unexpected but my flight home leaves shortly from Denver.

May 24, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Oh, boy, @dazzle©, I didn't know it was 2 flights....bad day!

May 24, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. ©bobcat (in a hat)©

On day a redhead, a brunette, and a blonde were on their way to heaven.

God told them the stairs to heaven were 1,000 steps and on every step he was going to tell them a joke. If they laughed they would not be able to get to heaven.

So the redhead made it to the 45th step and laughed.

The brunette made it to the 200th step and laughed.

But the blonde made it to the 999th step and laughed even before god told his joke.

God asked "Why did you laugh I haven't even told the joke yet"

The blonde said "I know I just now got the first one!!!"

May 24, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

lmfao @ bobcat, good one, and good morning!

May 24, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. ©bobcat (in a hat)©

Three men were standing in line to get into heaven one day. Apparently it had been a pretty busy day, though, so St. Peter had to tell the first one, "Heaven's getting pretty close to full today, and I've been asked to admit only people who have had particularly horrible deaths. So what's your story?"

The first man replies: "Well, for a while I've suspected my wife has been cheating on me, so today I came home early to try to catch her red-handed. As I came into my 25th floor apartment, I could tell something was wrong, but all my searching around didn't reveal where this other guy could have been hiding. Finally, I went out to the balcony, and sure enough, there was this man hanging off the railing, 25 floors above ground! By now I was really mad, so I started beating on him and kicking him, but wouldn't you know it, he wouldn't fall off. So finally I went back into my apartment and got a hammer and starting hammering on his fingers. Of course, he couldn't stand that for long, so he let go and fell-but even after 25 stories, he fell into the bushes, stunned but okay. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I ran into the kitchen, grabbed the fridge, and threw it over the edge where it landed on him, killing him instantly. But all the stress and anger got to me, and I had a heart attack and died there on the balchoy."

"That sounds like a pretty bad day to me," said Peter, and let the man in.

The second man comes up and Peter explains to him about heaven being full, and again asks for his story.

"It's been a very strange day. You see, I live on the 26th floor of my apartment building, and every morning I do my exercises out on my balcony. Well, this morning I must have slipped or something, because I fell over the edge. But I got lucky, and caught the railing of the balcony on the floor below me. I knew I couldn't hang on for very long, when suddenly this man burst out onto the balcony. I thought for sure I was saved, when he started beating on me and kicking me. I held on the best I could until he ran into the apartment and grabbed a hammer and started pounding on my hands. Finally I just let go, but again I got lucky and fell into the bushes below, stunned but all right. Just when I was thinking I was going to be okay, this refrigerator comes falling out of the sky and crushes me instantly, and now I'm here."

Once again, Peter had to concede that that sounded like a pretty horrible death.

The third man came to the front of the line, and St. Peter asked for his story.

"Picture this," says the third man, "I'm hiding naked inside a refrigerator..."

May 24, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

roflmao @ bobcat, just gettin better and better! 🙂

May 24, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. kellyintulsa

Good Morning @ Chrissy, BobCat, Banasy, and Dazzle
    lmao@BobCat those were really good this morning !! I so needed a good laugh today more than I have any other day.

May 24, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ©bobcat (in a hat)©

@ kellyintulsa

I'm glad I was able to lift your spirits. Hope the rest of your day goes well.

May 24, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ©bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

I hope you're not ready to shoot me too badly. I feel like I cursed you on your flights yesterday. Next time maybe I'll just go with a Yo Mama joke or something.

May 24, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat(iah) absolutely not, your jokes kept me going yesterday. I left a message for you on yesterdays thread. Now I am finally home.

May 24, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ©bobcat (in a hat)©

Nah, I don't care for that kind of humor. Back to drawing board.

May 24, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dippity Do

Lol...yo so old your repeated Moses twice! Just kiddin. Good ones.

May 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |