Gotta Watch: Kid feels dizzy, hilarity ensues
Matthew Russell went into the hospital to be treated for a broken arm and left as a YouTube sensation.
May 30th, 2012

Gotta Watch: Kid feels dizzy, hilarity ensues

A few years ago, 7-year-old David DeVore Jr. became a YouTube sensation after his father posted a funny clip of him recovering from a trip to the dentist. The video has been watched more than 100 million times. Now, a newcomer named Matthew Russell is attracting the same type of attention with his post-anesthesia "hilarity." Watch how these kids have become viral video stars.

Kid on anesthesia: 'I feel dizzaaay'

See why this boy's humorous reaction to anesthesia became a YouTube hit.

2009: Dad defends loopy kid's vid

David explains what it feels like to become a YouTube sensation.

Post by:
Filed under: Florida • Gotta Watch • Health • Pennsylvania • U.S.
  1. Tater Tot

This was just so funny! NOT

May 31, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Number 1

Obnoxious parents breed obnoxious children. Both of these videos are pathetic, especially the kid with the broken arm. NOT FUNNY, folks.

May 31, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • PantyRaid

Poor parenting for sure.

May 31, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • jashon

oh keep your trap shut. sounds like you could use some medicine yourself.

May 31, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Aaron

What is wrong with all these Haters? There is nothing wrong with these videos.

May 31, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • flat

i think people dont like this one because the kid isnt acting cute, hes acting like a tough guy, and being kind of pushy..

May 31, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • THE LIGHT

Yes, there is. The one kid is completely obnoxious and not funny!

May 31, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Will

That's funny as hell.

May 31, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. parvo00

Obnoxious kid.

May 31, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • THE LIGHT

Totally.

May 31, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mike in Pekin

As a parent, these videos disgust me. They plunder the personal dignity of their child for what? A moment of pseudo fame? A cheap laugh at their child's expense? All children have embarrassing or awkward moments, but to film it and put it on display is cruel. If a schoolmate had taken a vieo of them behaving strangely and posted it online, we would be outraged at a blatant case of bullying. But when the parent does it, it's supposed to be cute?

May 31, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • musings

I couldn't agree with you more. It borders on showing a drunk kid. It is exploitative and not very kind.

May 31, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • THE LIGHT

Totally agree!

May 31, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • matt

Dude you are to uptight. Take it for what it is, funny. No body is exploiting anyone.

May 31, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunnysout

Mike, I couldn't agree with you more. I felt embarrassed for the child and wished I hadn't watched the thing! Kids do funny things and isn't it better as a story to tell, to your family and a few select friends? I was disgusted, too. Parents are bullies, too, sometimes!

May 31, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Michael

This is stupid. Not funny. Parents should be proud.

May 31, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Angela

I'm not sure why people are so uptight, this is just the next progression from embarassing tub and potty photos our parents took. Breath, it's ok! It's not like the parents recorded him after alcohol or illegal drugs, that I would be upset about. This is just an everyday thing for children and adults, broken bone, meds, wake up, loopy much. I had a day surgery and woke to see my mother in her yellow scrubs and I told her she looked like laughy taffy, it still cracks me up to think about it and I'm 37. Calm down! It's cute, he's funny and he's not even trying.

May 31, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • THE LIGHT

This kid isn't funny at all. He is entirely obnoxious. No on is "uptight" We are just tired of absolute CRAP making Headline News!

May 31, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dino

Lighten up, people. It's cute as all get out. I seriously doubt that either boy feels the least bit embarrassed or humiliated. It's all in the mind of the viewer. I loved 'em, especially the boy with the broken arm.

May 31, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JJJ

II have very strong opinions about this matter and I will type them into my computer.

May 31, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunnysout

Alan, is that you? LOL!!!

May 31, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nathan

II remember the kid in the car from a couple of years ago...I thought that video was "cute" as there was an innocence to the boy and his predicament. This new video of the boy in the bed isn't "cute" at all. It appears he's being brought up to be a future d-bag. Not funny. Not innocent. Bordering on obnoxious and bratty. Appears Mom and Dad have been letting their son watch "Jersey Shore". Ah...the future of America.

May 31, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

Really "great" parents here !!! Trashy parenting.

June 1, 2012 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  12. Greg

The best thing about these videos is if you don't want to watch you don't have to.So all you who say this is such a bad thing you still watched and that is why people keep putting them on the web.
    I found them funny. Get over yourselves people.

May 31, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunnysout

I found them both to be disgusting,misleading and exploitive. You can bet I won't fall for a headline like this again- Kid feels dizzy- Hilarity ensues. Not hilarious and definitely misleading. I am sorry I watched.

May 31, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Akahn

Yet another boring video of a kid doing something stupid and non entertaining. Who cares, and why the hell is this on the front page of CNN. Isn't there anything newsworthy out there to have? This sort of video belongs on youtube along with millions of other useless crap...

May 31, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. PantyRaid

He's turning into a zombie. This is just the beginning...

May 31, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sunnysout

I really see no humor in this. Maybe it's funny to the families, you know, just a little thing that happened when little Johnny broke his arm and had to have surgery. But to put this up on youtube, for all to see, nah. I think there are still some things that need to be preserved. A young child medically intoxicated is one. It's kinda douchy of the parents, I think.

May 31, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |