Gotta Watch: Kid feels dizzy, hilarity ensues
Matthew Russell went into the hospital to be treated for a broken arm and left as a YouTube sensation.
May 30th, 2012

Gotta Watch: Kid feels dizzy, hilarity ensues

A few years ago, 7-year-old David DeVore Jr. became a YouTube sensation after his father posted a funny clip of him recovering from a trip to the dentist. The video has been watched more than 100 million times. Now, a newcomer named Matthew Russell is attracting the same type of attention with his post-anesthesia "hilarity." Watch how these kids have become viral video stars.

Kid on anesthesia: 'I feel dizzaaay'

See why this boy's humorous reaction to anesthesia became a YouTube hit.

2009: Dad defends loopy kid's vid

David explains what it feels like to become a YouTube sensation.

Post by:
Filed under: Florida • Gotta Watch • Health • Pennsylvania • U.S.
  1. lutherell

I thought the kid was funny. I don't agree with those who said he was obnoxious, because anesthesia makes you say crazy things you might not normally say.

BUT...I think it is very cruel for the parents to post this on the world wide web. The child had no say in the decision, and I just think that is exploitative and wrong. What happens when he is 16 and someone digs this up and embarrases him in front of the entire school? I don't think he will find it very cute and funny. It would be one thing to just share with family and friends on a camera phone, but to put it out there on the internet is very sad.

May 31, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Me

Looks like in video #1 somebody doesn't know how to hold a camera – it should fill the entire screen, but apparently they turned it by 90 degrees, and now they got a pretty tiny video

May 31, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Grey

I don't find this funny at all. He will become a victim of ridicule when he's an adult. Just inviting bullying for this poor boy. I mean, fine to take vids of disoriented kids and show it to friends and relatives but to put it up for all the world to see- Not cool.

May 31, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristin Gallmine

I seriously doubt that people will remember this video when he is an adult or that he will walk around with a sign saying, hey I'm the kid that was acting a little wasted from medication after an injury. I think it's funny! I imagine they let him know that they were putting this video out there for people to see before they actually did it. Lighten up!

May 31, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lori

Poor little fella...hurt his arm...

May 31, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Barb

Lighten up people.....it's funny. Cheezus this World is so uptight The kid is not obnoxious you judging them are.

May 31, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

AMEN!! People do need to lighten up & not be so uptight!

May 31, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Grey

Anesthetic drugs can make ppl obnoxious/annoying/crazy so please don't blame the boy. Blame the parents for posting the vid on the internet.

May 31, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tellitlikeitis

Personally, I've had dozens of reconstructive surgeries, and after the first half dozen became prepared for the situation. When coming out of anesthesia I evidently repeat "I don't want to be awake, I don't want to be alive.". Very rational if one is familiar with the sensations of anesthetic hangover, but always sufficient to induce a suicide watch. Everyone needs to lighten up and realize that people are dopey when they're.... well, dopey.

May 31, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sally

Sounds like he's been raised gangsta.

May 31, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Karaya

Just wait till you have kids, and then you kid has to have a surgery under the anesthesia, and then you tell me how funny it is.
    But then again – maybe you will be a moron of a parent, just like those idiots who posted those videos of their kids. But I truly hope you will wise up by then.

May 31, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Felicia 123

This is appalling. These parents should be reported to Child Protective Service. What in the crap are they trying to prove?
    These parents need psychiatric help ASAP.

May 31, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Michelle

I absolutely loved this video!!!! I have watched it about 10 times. This little kid made me laugh uncontrollably. Thanks for posting it!!! 🙂

May 31, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michelle

All you uptight people need to get over it! This little kid was adorable, and yes I do have kids and I wish I had a moment like this to relive over and over again. People get over it and stop being so judgemental. It's a kid coming out of anesthesia, and trust me you do feel loopy. To the parents.....I congratulate you, cause I thought this was hilarious!!!!

May 31, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Marcus

Interesting that when he is cognitively impaired he sounds black

May 31, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DIEGO

kids are better when they are drugged. drug all kids on airplanes and it would make flying more pleasant

May 31, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. LVReader702

@ Marcus.... Interesting that looking at your name backwards and applying a little play on the English "jargon." I can come up with the word: Sucr (sucker) from your user name.

May 31, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |