[Updated at 11:48 a.m. ET] Two American tourists kidnapped Thursday by gunmen in Egypt's Sinai region have not been freed, despite Egyptian authorities saying they had been. One of the two men, Brandon Kutz, told CNN they are still in custody, but that they are being treated "extremely well."
[Updated at 8:40 a.m. ET]Â Two American tourists kidnapped Thursday in Egypt's Sinai region have been released, an official in South Sinai said.
[Posted at 4:14 a.m. ET] Gunmen kidnapped two American tourists Thursday in Egypt's Sinai region and demanded the release of a man who was arrested a day earlier for drug possession, state-run Ahram newspaper said.
The tourists, both 31, were in a car headed to a hotel from the town of Dahab when they were stopped, the newspaper said.
The gunmen forced them out of the car and took them away, demanding the release of a man named Eid Suleiman Etaiwy, the report said.
Etaiwy was arrested Wednesday with "a large amount of drugs" on him, the report said.FULL STORY