June 1st, 2012

Friday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

10:00 am ET - National Mall hearing - The future of Washington's National Mall is the subject of a House subcommittee hearing.  Will any additions or changes be made to the landmark?

11:00 am ET - Clinton campaigns for Barrett - The Wisconsin gubernatorial recall vote is coming up, and Democratic candidate Tom Barrett is calling on a big gun to help him unseat GOP incumbent Scott Walker.  Former president Bill Clinton campaigns for Barrett.

1:00 pm ET - Obama in Minnesota - President Obama spends part of his day in Golden Valley, Minnesota, where he'll discuss the economy at a Honeywell facility.

1:30 pm ET - George Zimmerman hearing - A Florida judge holds a hearing on a motion for protective order regarding discovery in the case of George Zimmerman, who's accused of killing Trayvon Martin.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: 2012 Election • Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle ©

I get over things very quickly. Hey, if anything happend to me, who would be the joker poster. My calm is enhanced.

June 1, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@bobcat,the only sane one at the insane asylum and you have the key to the thorazine,good job,keep up the great jokes!!!Good morning also to you and all!!!

June 2, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Darlin bc(iah)©:
    It wasn't plural.
    Just one morally bankrupt person without a clue.
    Enhance your calm.....ohmmmmmm.

@dazzle ©:
    You must send me details!
    I've gotta find a way to see it!

June 1, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Pete, good Saturday to you even though Friday Events is still up. A thorazine IV drip is probably what all of us need after participating in the zombie blog. Have a great day.

June 2, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. dazzle ©

@bobcat(iah) you would be terribly missed and who would be the one to crack me up and spit all over the cat and computer screen. No we need you. Remember you have a trip to make to Arizona without a stop at Tent City.
    @banasy I will. She leaves tomorrow to drive up but at least she will be with her dad. With her crazy mood, that may not be the best. Those 2 are always at it. Now I have 4 cats staying at my house since her 2 are here with my 2.

June 1, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

bc(iah) ©:
    Don't you dare go anywhere!
    I would miss you so.

@dazzle ©:
    Whoa. 4 cats?
    Can't have cats.
    Hubs is allergic, so is younger kid.

Well, I'm outta here.
    The hubs and I have a soire to attend....beer and kareoke, lol.

See you all later!

June 1, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Scott

The amount of stimulus earmarked for green energy divided by the number of new green energy jobs as of June 1, 2012 = $15.6 million per job. That's too much per job in my opinion.

Additionally, to date when green energy technology federal subsidies dry up green energy enterprises dry up as we are seeing with certain wind farms and electric automobiles in 2012.

Cash for Clunkers was ridiculous, destroying good second hand cars while handing out $5000 checks to upper middle class people so they can buy new vehicles. Did anybody notice the price of gas going down because of Cash for Clunkers?

June 3, 2012 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |