June 4th, 2012

8 killed in rampage at Mexico rehab center

Gunmen entered a rehabilitation center in central Mexico and fired on patients, a blog on the Mexican drug war reported.

The attack Sunday night left eight people dead and eight others injured, police in the city of Torreon said via Twitter.

Family members gathered outside the center as bodies were being removed, according to El Blog del Narco, a blog that publishes information about the Mexican drug war.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Mexico • World
  1. Mary

How Mexicans killing patients in a rehab center.
    While Mexicans are soaked in a blood bath armed with American made guns stamped on the side...
    People across America sit watching them as they smoke their blunts stuffed with home grown Mexican weed.

June 4, 2012 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Drugs provide a culture of death.
    Lives are ruined by the need of many human beings to escape into addiction.
    Drug dealers kill human beings to profit from drug addiction.
    It would be wonderful if we could all learn to deal with life as it really is.

June 4, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Good morning Joey,
      Never thought I'd be saying this but I actually agree with all of your post.
      Now as realistic of a theme in your post is, I only wish you could see the realism in the Bible (God, Jesus, and the Holy spirit)

I meant that with all sincerity Joey, from one human to another. 🙂

June 4, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Good morning, JIF.
      I agree with your post...
      If we are talking about marijuana •only•, I still say legalize it, ttax the crap out of it, pay down our debt, and free up prison space taken up by these non-violent offenders.

June 4, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. Health and Wellness Centers of America

@PEDD BEAR. Too late. Adult Mexican obesity has already spread to their children, who are almost as fat as ours are now. An obese child can look forward to leading the same life as, say, an avg. weight person burdened with a 100 lb. backpack their entire life. No? Strap-on 100 pounds of barbell weights and see how you are doing at the end of the day/week/month/year/decade.

June 4, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Health and Wellness Centers of America

"Style"? Hardly am I a stylish person fashioning himself after others. You know me from my originality, Joey. You won't hear any TV talking heads discussing this info I provide, for example. (explaining why rarely do i see anyone responding seriously to my posts. There simply aren't any TV talking heads giving them their opinions on these matters, so they really don't have an opinion...amd so crack jokes or take my posts personal and seek revenge on me.
    And good morning, @Mary. 🙂

June 4, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ Health and Wellness Centers of America:
      You cannot read my removed post again, but you saw it while it was there.
      It did not say that your "style" was not original. I was not criticising your style, but rather laughing with you and having fun with my own take on Bayer & Friends.
      Aussi, I do agree with much that you say about pharmaceuticals.
      @ Mary: I know that you are sincere. Our thinking is closer than you see it. I could go with you, regarding Christianity, as far as a modern Episcopal Church school of theology that takes the Bible seriously but not literally. I could never take a literal reading of the Bible as far as I think that you do in setting norms of behaviour, models of morality, and, certainly in the USA, laws. By the same reasoning, I can go a long way with good Muslims whom I know in sharing the Koran's admonitions regarding (1) respect for one's fellow man and (2) submission to the will of God. I appreciate your sincere interest, Mary, and thank you for it.

June 4, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mary

@Health and Wellness Centers of America

Good morning to you as well 🙂

June 4, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Health and Wellness Centers of America

Our little nazi youth moderator is a bizzy little bee this morning. (already both Joey and my posted comments are being deleted, causing much confusion.
    CNN mods should be required to explain themselves, or at least explain why they delete comments that were previously posted just as a shopkeeper would explain to a customer stifled.

June 4, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mary

Not me @ 10:19

June 4, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. Health and Wellness Centers of America

Yes, legalize MJ. And in a few more years, legalize heroin too. Lets just cut to the chase and extend Holy Matrimony to a woman and her dog.

June 4, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Yes, where would society stop? more to the point, does society (for example: American society) have boundaries?

June 4, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

Errr, It's me @ 10:19
    Thought I was looking at another post under my name

June 4, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. Health and Wellness Centers of America

In Colorado, if you own a Marijuanna Distribution Center, your business doesn't have a bank account. Banks are insured by the FDIC, a federal program, and so banks will not allow you to open an account for your MJ sales based company. Growing and selling MJ is a federal offense still prosecuted in court.
    MJ sales centers are raided by federal authorities here in Colorado, with all of the owners property siezed.

June 4, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  11. Health and Wellness Centers of America

Rampage? Or simply a case where drug addicts who had burned their drug dealers and then hide-out disguised as a patient at a long-term wellness center, where they are evntually found by those whom they owe and dealt with harshly. (what goes around comes around)

June 4, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Yep.
    Legalize marijuana.
    That is what I stated.
    That, of course, has nothing to do with my opinion of any other drug being legalized, which is why I plainly stated if we're talking about marijuana •only•.

June 4, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

My condolences to the families of the victims, who were trying so hard to turn their lives around.

June 4, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

Ok@Joey. So what have you to say about the Koran commanding Muslims to "repel the invading infidels", and labling Muslims who side with invading infidels as "Renegades" who are to be dealt with "harshly" when caught? (reference American contractors claiming to be Muslim dragged through the streets of Fallujah, and then hung in public shame)

June 4, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mary

@ Joey, I'm glad you took my jester they way it was intended. thanks 🙂
    I must say tho, You are a man and I am a women, therefore, I can not stand here and teach a man about the Bible, or any other for that matter. At least any others for awhile, a very long while, as a I am a cub in Gods' word. It would also be a waste of time if anyone were to study from a Bible that still had the hundreds of flawed translations.

In essence, If you where to go along with anyone it would be, with another man.

I wanted to get this reply back to ya ASAP , But I'm sure I'll have something to add tonight. Have a great day if we don't get to chat later... 🙂

June 4, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |