June 6th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

10:00 am ET - Federal budget outlook hearing - America has been dealing with high budget deficits for some time.  Will that change?  The director of the Congressional Budget Office testifies on that issue this morning.

10:50 am ET - Shuttle heads to New York museum - NASA's space shuttle program is no more, and the shuttles are all heading to new homes.  Enterprise will be moved to its permanent home at the Intrepid Museum in New York.

11:30 am ET - Biden talks economy - Vice President Biden talks the economy and jobs at an event in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

3:45 pm ET - Romney in Texas - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney speaks to supporters in San Antonio, Texas.

10:15 pm ET - Obama at LGBT event - President Obama travels to California for a series of campaign events and fund-raisers, including an appearance at an LGBT gala in Los Angeles.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. Obama Mama

@Clem- I assume you will manage.

June 6, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

I'm as confused as Clem is. I was told that gays are mentally defective.
    If they're so sick, how is it that such a tiny minority of the population can make enough money to get the President to come to their fund-raising parties?

June 6, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Jj

What the heck?!! No mention of the huge win for the people of Wisconsin last night?! Big surprise there CNN. Big labor unions are crappin their over paid pants all over the country right now. Scott walker proved that they are a burden to every states economy by kicking them off the govt dime and bringing wisconsins deficit down to a reasonable level. And don't tout obomba morons. He had absolutely nothing to do with it otherwise he would have at least visited the state!!!

June 6, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ Joey, I'm kinda surprised you would ask that. You know he really isn't a believer in the gay community; they are all seen as "votes" in his eyes.

June 7, 2012 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lizabeth

I will be soooo happy when it is all over. I am disgusted by the infomercials with lies about both. Get it over soon.

June 6, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. dazzle ©

@Joey, I don't believe that gays are "mentally defective." Scientific studies are starting to show that there is a chromosomal difference but at the time it is only a hypothesis. This is not my area of expertise since I am not gay nor a scientist that studies gay brains. The gay population in general seems to have limitless amounts of disposable income, perhaps because of their lifestyle, and not bearing the burden and blessings of having children in addition to being well educated.

June 6, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ dazzle ©:
      I really must need a "Sarcasm" button on this phone.
      As banasy already posted, I support the LGBT community completely.
      I'm sorry that my sarcasm was not clear. I am friendly with one psychiatrist and one psychologist who were instrumental in having this orientation removed from the APA's list of mental disorders.

June 6, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

Good morning all.
    Debate about the psychological make up of gays aside, they are a force to reckon with in elections. Both with their money and voice.

June 6, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I didn't read Clem's post, which has since been deleted, but I can guess that the thought process was mentally defective.
    Leave the LGBT community alone.
    They harm not one hetero person.

June 6, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©,

CHILDREN

You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut-up.

Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children.

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like clearing the driveway before it has stopped snowing.

There is only one pretty child in the world and every mother has it. – Chinese Proverb.

Mothers of teens know why animals eat their young.

I asked Mom if I was a gifted child; she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.

Children are natural mimics, who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own.

We child proofed our home 3 years ago and they're still getting in!

Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.

June 6, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©,

A man was seen fleeing down the hall of the hospital just before his operation.

"What's the matter?" he was asked.

He said, "I heard the nurse say, 'It's a very simple operation, don't worry, I'm sure it will be all right."

"She was just trying to comfort you, what's so frightening about that?"

"She wasn't talking to me. She was talking to the doctor."

June 6, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Good morning, Rawr.
    I friend of mine commented once that her mother told her to eat her babies while their bones were still soft, lol.
    Of course, she was kidding.

June 6, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©,

After a few years of married life, a man finds that he is unable to perform for his wife. He goes to his doctor, and his doctor tries a few medications, but nothing works. Finally the doctor says to him this is all in your mind, and refers him to a psychiatrist.

After a few visits with the psychiatrist, the psychiatrist confesses he can not figure out what is wrong. The psychiatrist decides to refer him to a witch doctor.

The witch doctor says, "I can cure this!" He throws some powder on a flame, and there is a flash with billowing blue smoke. The witch doctor says, "This is powerful healing, but you can only use it once a year. All you have to do is say '123' and it shall rise for as long as you wish."

The guy then asks the witch doctor, "What happens when it's over?"

The witch doctor says, "All you or your partner has to say is '1234' and it will go down. But be warned it will not work again for a full year."

The guy goes home and that night he is ready to surprise his wife with the good news. So, as he is lying in bed with his wife he says "123", and suddenly he gets a massive erection.

With that, his wife turns over and says, "What did you say '123' for?"

June 6, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@banasy©

Good morning dear lady. How are you today ?
    One of my favorite saying is, " Mental illness is hereditary. We get it from our children."

June 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat (in a hat)©, Good Morning, your favorite saying is very true.

June 6, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ dazzle ©

Good morning to you. Childre can most definitely drive you to the edge of insanity. If I had become a criminal, that was going to be my defense. "The children (devil) made me do it.

June 6, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

lol @ bobcat, can you just imagine the wonderful things jjs mom has to say? lmao j/k jj, i know you get overly excited at times. Just so you know tho, Wisconson is only one state, doesnt mean every state will follow that.

June 6, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jj

not funny Chrissy. Mom is no longer with us. And she would be proud. If I was on fox news site running my mouth everyone would agree with me. Much more fun here

June 7, 2012 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

@Rawr:
    I'm sorry, I never got back to this blog, darlin'.
    I'm okay, the grandbaby is working my last nerve, though.
    Just toddling all over town, lol.
    And you?
    123.

@chriss miss: hey, hey mama.
    Whassup?

June 6, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Just finished up the neighborhood watch patrol. Relatively quiet night thank god! They are layin of more than half our remaining police after just layin off 50 a few months ago. Its gonna get nuts. But what can ya do?

June 6, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ chrissy

Have you got a number of people on that watch ? Girl you just be careful, because I know how that area can be.

June 6, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |