June 9th, 2012

No shot at Triple Crown as favored colt is scratched from Belmont Stakes

The field for Saturday's race is wide open with favored colt, I'll Have Another, scratched from the Belmont Stakes.

But no horse that sprints to the lead at Belmont Park can get close to the history I'll Have Another would have made if he'd won.

In 34 years, no horse has swept the Triple Crown - the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes.
Only 11 horses have won the Triple Crown. The last was Affirmed in 1978.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Sports
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©,

My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.

Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the ax.

After that I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it.

Next I tried working in a muffler factory but that was exhausting.

Next was a job in a shoe factory; I tried but I just didn't fit in.

I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.

I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work was just too draining.

So then I got a job in a gymnasium (work-out-center), but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

I finally got a job as a historian until I realized there was no future in it.

So, I retired and found out I'm a perfect fit!

June 9, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©,

A blonde gets two horses from the ranch, but she can't tell them apart. She goes to her neighbor for some advice. The neighbor tells her to go cut off part of the tail of one of the horses.
    The blonde decides to do that. The next day the other horse had his tail stuck to a barbed-wire fence. The blonde has to cut that one off too. She goes back to her neighbor for some advice. The neighbor tells her to go cut off part of one of the horses' left ear.
    She does this, and sure enough, the other horse his left ear caught in the same barbed-wire fence. She has to cut part of that ear off, too. She goes back to her neighbor, and he tells her to go measure their heights, so she can tell the difference between them. She does, and it turns out that the black horse is two inches taller than the white horse.

June 9, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©,

MORE POINTS TO PONDER

Why do banks charge a "Non Sufficient Funds Fee" on money they already know you don't have?

When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

What do little birdies see, when they get knocked unconscious?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

If vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from?

June 9, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Well done, Rawr.
    I especially liked the horse one!

June 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@banasy©

Good morning for another 5 minutes or so/ Looks like another slow day in Newsdom.

June 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

@bc(iah) ©:
    Yep, kinda looks that way.
    Aw, that's okay; we can use a day off from the usual.

June 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ banasy©

That's so true. Hopefully the rest of our friends will join us in some meaningless blather. I've been accused of being a blatherskite, so I might as well deliver on it.

June 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • @blatherskite

You called it Robert

June 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

A blatherskite?
    What an interesting word!
    Well, one thing that no one can accuse you od is being pompous and overbearing!
    Blatherskite.
    Lovely! 😉
    A quote comes to mind for the accuser:

"Thus play I in one person many people,
    "And none contented."

-William Shakespeare, 'Richard II'

June 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©,

I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind.
    Albert Einstein

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
    Dalai Lama

June 9, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

I believe all of that is true.
    A simple life is complicated enough to navigate, lol.

June 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@banasy, if that was your work over on the China thread, thank you so much for having my back. I came back early because of high wildfire possibilities due to wind and triple digit temps. I was able to get in a few hours of girl time with my friend but both of our homes are in the area where these wildfires can erupt.

June 9, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©,

And to my critic

I have looked into my soul and realize my shortcomings.
    I make no attempt to believe I can realize the short comings of those I know not.

The philosphy of bobcat (with or without a hat)

June 9, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. dazzle ©

To the troublemaker at 2:08:
    “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
    ― Plato

June 9, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ dazzle ©

Very well said my friend.

June 9, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dazzle ©

@bobcat (in a hat)©, I think it speaks for itself dear man. In full agreement on the Dalai Lama quote.

June 9, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@ dazzle ©

I meant to ask the other day if you were in the area of those crazy fires. Hoping the best for you on this. Are they getting any closer to containment ? I haven't seen any reports the last few days.

June 9, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |