June 14th, 2012

Thursday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

1:45 pm ET - Obama talks economy - President Obama will deliver a campaign speech on the economy in Cleveland, Ohio.  He'll then go to New York, where he'll visit the World Trade Center site.

1:50 pm ET - Romney in Ohio - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney will also be in the "Buckeye State" this afternoon.  He'll speak to workers and supporters at a factory in Cincinnati.

3:00 pm ET - Los Angeles Kings victory parade - The NHL's Los Angeles Kings won their first-ever Stanley Cup earlier this week, and fans will celebrate with a city parade in the team's honor.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. chrissy

Wth is all this crap? And banasy who is blog o matic or blog o maniac or whatever?

June 14, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Still not raven.
    A D- effort.

June 14, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

@chrissy:
    Troll.

June 14, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

SSDD only the players names have changed i see.

June 14, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Whatever.
    I don't like tea, either, but I don't call you names and stri up trouble.
    Have a lovely evening, blog-o-matics.

June 14, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

@ blog o fool, do you think i CARE what you think? Dont know you, dont want to! As for not being able to have a conversation, that would describe yourself since you think you know it all! Now ask me if i give 2 craps what YOU think!

June 14, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

lol not me @ l0:59 but i couldnt have said it better. And banasy, in Philips defense, while that person didnt actually call him a liar, he did IMPLY it! Not quite fair if that person wasnt there, even if the story was a bit long winded and biased.

June 14, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@chrissy:
    Oh.
    Maybe I misread it.
    I though he said that he can spot a liar, not that Philip was one.
    Mea culpa. (The famous Philip shrug, 🙂 )

June 14, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Peace out everyone except the troll. Any further posts under my name will not be me.

June 14, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Back atcha, chrissy.

CNN: good job, and thanks.

June 14, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Economy by the britches

The next morning I awoke to the sound of sprinklers watering the little baseball parks's outfield. From my vantage point, I could see the bike paths and walking trails that were crowded with people the evening before, but on that morning they were empty. (save one man walking one of those big expensive looking poodle dogs. He was dressed sharply in his jogging suit and runing shoes...of course he could have "just" been someone paid to walk the dog and the owner lending the jogger attire so as not to embarras the dog, but I doubt it. Just as I doubt less than 75% of homeless living on our streets here have substance abuse problems)
    As I sip my morning water, a thought crosses my mind. That young man I had mistaken for a girl the night before...laying in the middle of a park next to a walker late at night...as a youngster, I would have ran-up to see if the person was still alive! For never did I see a homeless person as a child. Now, they are commonplace and hardly get noticed as unusual.
    And to clarify...

June 15, 2012 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  12. Economy by the britches

...Most all of our homeless here live in shelters that make them leave during the day to go find work...even day labor. But many goto the park or library and lounge instead. Homeless wo steal or get drunk druggie at shelters are evicted. These are the happy campers living down by the river partying on social security disability and free handout food. Partying each night...a 50 yr. old man was bludgeoned to death at the party camp behind Black&White Body Shop last week...down by the river.
    Anyone who thinks I'm putting homeless people down forgets I know the greatest homeless man who ever lived....Jesus Christ, a Gallilean day laborer with no place to lay his head after his baptism at 29.
    And something(s) just struck me as funny. YOU who claim to knoww Jesus don't even know what year he was born. (seeing people googleing it now. he he) Also, the walking/biking paths being empty early in the morning while crowded up to the late evening reminds me of some on these blogs. (late to bed, late on the blog)
    (cont

June 15, 2012 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  13. Economy by the britches

Harketh! I saw a fit woman jogging down the path! I almost want to chase her down and ask what for! he he. Hay! And there's a middle aged couple jogging their doggy! Then my stomach began growling. I have some grub in my pack, but I'm dying to see the park next to the soup kitchen...to check for early am homeless activity. (plus I knew of an internet cafe that serves great cappucciino, and has a plug to charge my cell battery) So away I peddaled, sure that day would be filled with adventure. (bbl)

June 15, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

Cant wait...He he.

June 15, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

Well, the park next to the soup kitchen (where the night before about 10 homelss people had been squatting) was empty. Where did they go? LOL! Two of them went to the same internet cafe i did! LMAO.
    There's a sign on the cafe entrance: "Restrooms are for paying customers only". LMAO...Like, if i dine and dash, no restroom for me! he he.
    I walked into this cafe wearing the greasy coveralls I slept in, ordered a 4.83 Latte (incl tax), and asked directions to the restroom. The chubby dude reluctantly pointed the way...his eyes pegging me as homeless. Had he a choice, he would have refused me relieveing myself and washing my face. But he was bound by his own sign, the sign not of the good Samaritan. (cont)

June 15, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |