June 15th, 2012

Friday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:30 am ET - Powers awarded Silver Star - In 1960, Francis Gary Powers' U-2 spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union, and he was held in Soviet custody for two years.  Now, decades after his death in a helicopter crash, he will be posthumously awarded the Silver Star.

9:35 am ET - Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference - Conservatives and other activists gather in Washington for the Faith and Freedom Coalition's conference and strategy briefing.  Speakers include Sen. Rand Paul at 9:35 am ET and Newt Gingrich at 12:35 pm ET.

11:00 am ET - Biden speaks to mayors - Vice President Biden addresses the annual meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Orlando, Florida.

11:00 am ET - Romney in New Hampshire - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's bus tour takes him to New Hampshire and a stop in Stratham.  He'll visit Milford at 2:30 pm ET.

5:10 pm ET - Obama speaks on LGBT Pride Month - Before heading to Chicago for the weekend, President Obama will make remarks at a White House reception honoring LGBT Pride Month.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Military • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. chrissy

Aspirin is still bad for you dazzle, no matter where it comes from. Ya know what i found that works best? Its called UNKERS, & its a menthal ointment. But you cant buy it in a store you have 2 order it online. Too much aspirin can make you bleed internaly

June 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

lol @ banasy, will do. Also btw dazzle, aspirin from the north, if you mean canada, contains codeine, which is the equivalant of tylenol 3s in the US. Just sayin lol.

June 15, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, anything in excess could mess one up. My sensitive synapses won't tolerate Tylenol let alone Tylenol 3. I'm fortunate though since I haven't had an aspirin in a long time. I always kept a bottle in my office when employees would have an ailment usually imagined and they got the dreaded words, "Take an aspirin and stay in my office with me until you feel better." They always recovered quickly. LOL

June 15, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lol i imagine so you brute you! Its one of those things you learn as you get older though. I used to think no biggie, ill pop a cpl aspirins and it will be all good. Not so tho. But honestly, i swear by Unkers! And have you tried Celestial Sleepytime Tea?

June 15, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, I did try it but I guess I am just a hopeless insomniac.

June 15, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Remember i told you it would help with insomnia? Ive converted many people and its inexpensive and tastes good. Spearmint! 🙂 and Nick Walenda made it across niagra falls! No mishaps! Yea!

June 15, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

I do remember and I did try it but nada! I am not a big fan of tea except iced. My doc wanted to give me sleeping pills and you can only imagine how far that got him.

June 15, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Aww well maybe try it a little earlier. I dunno.

June 15, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Ok time for me to call it a night, yall have a good one!

June 15, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |