June 16th, 2012

Polls open in Egypt amid political chaos

CAIRO (CNN) - Egyptians started casting their ballots Saturday in a presidential runoff that pits two candidates whose platforms are at the crux of the country's political chaos.

On one side, an Islamist backed by the political arm of the Muslim Brotherhood. On the other, a former air force general who served as the last prime minister in the waning days of Hosni Mubarak's regime.

And sitting in the background, overseeing the election - and the creation of a new constitution - are the military rulers who have been in control of the country since Mubarak was ousted from power last year.

The biggest question facing the at least 50 million Egyptians eligible to cast ballots in the runoff is what happens after voters decide between Mohamed Morsi of the Justice and Freedom Party, the Muslim Brotherhood's political arm, and former Prime Minister Ahmed Shafik.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. dazzle ©

@chrissy, that's exactly who I was thinking of in my twisted way. One can only hope that one will change ways.

June 16, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

@dazzle©:
    You said "shrinkage", heh heh.

June 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@banasy©, we'll see how long that stays. LOL, I sound like George Costanza.

June 16, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dazzle ©

@bobcat (in a hat)©, 6 months seem to be about as long as I've been on. I will never forget coming on like a lunatic protecting her young. I hope that doesn't make me look like the guilty party. CNN has heard about enough from me and I take TOS and Privacy Policy seriously.

June 16, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

@bc(iah):
    It HAS gotten weirder since the format changed...
    Strange thing is, some of the other blogs still have the old format, which I liked much, much better.
    Sometimes change ISN'T for the best.

June 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©,

@dazzle ©

Your self-proclaimed craziness is what made you fit in here right from the start. I don't believe any of us are in their right minds. That's what has made it so much fun. And you really don't strike me as the type who would come on here to try to start trouble. I just wouldn't believe that.
    What helps us out here is, we are all accustomed to each others posting style and we question any deviation from that.

June 16, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat (in a hat)©, Well thank you for that vote of confidence. It seems that some of the jacker/trolls don't understand our writing styles or formatting( I know you know what I mean by that). One of your trolls was quite good and tried to start a convo with me and had your style down perfectly but something was amiss in your handle.

June 16, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©,

Geez, they sure took that joke down in a hurry. I'm glad you got to see it first.

Gotta go for now friends. Hopefully I can get back here later. You guys have a good day.

June 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Lol Philip, i KNOW both are evil, that was kinda my point. Now since weve established that i guess the outcome would be, this whole process of voting, is futile then right?

June 16, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@bobcat:
    Yes, I think we do have unique posting styles.
    One reason why we can tell trolls, (for the most part).
    I get irritated when someone posts something, and I get accused of authoring it.
    We have all been the victim of that particular troll, lol.

June 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©,

One more for the road

Three elderly ladies are excited about seeing their first baseball game.

They smuggle a bottle of Jack Daniels into the ball park. The game is really exciting and they are enjoying themselves immensely...mixing the Jack Daniel's with soft drinks.

Soon they realize that the bottle is almost gone and the game has a lot of innings to go.

Based on the given information, what inning is it and how many players are on base?

Think!

Think some more!!

***

Answer: It's the bottom of the fifth, and the bags are loaded!

June 16, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

@Rawr:
    •Facepalm•
    Have a fabulous afternoon!

June 16, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

Brilliant and on that funny note I have to run myself. See you later.

June 16, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

lol well said Philip, and as a matter of fact ive often thought that here. Just am surprised that you said it. And ive often voiced my opinion that our country is really ruled by Corporate America which of course in essence means Bank America!

June 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Now i guess we shouldnt ruin our reputations by agreeing too much! Lol people will begin to talk ya know, so im gonna drag my sorry behind out to work on my garden. Ttyl.

June 16, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

Chrissy OK. Here's something for your garden. (I found it inscribed on a bench next to a garden last week when I was posing as a homeless person)
    Come and sit
    And to this place bring
    Your sorrows and your dreams
    And listen to this garden sing.
    OK...get lost before people see us getting along. he he. ta ta for now. 🙂

June 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Lmfao @ Philip, i had already bookmarked thursdays thread for posterity. And now that you brought it up i remember you posting that. Thanks for the reminder because i am having a bit of a sorrowful meltdown this wknd. Ty.

June 16, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |