June 18th, 2012

Boko Haram claims responsibility for Nigeria church bombings

A militant Islamist group claimed responsibility Monday for bombings the day before that the Nigerian Red Cross said left 50 people at three Christian churches in Nigeria.

Boko Haram said the attacks Sunday in the Nigerian cities of Zaria and Kaduna were retaliation on Christians for destroying mosques and, according to the group, turning others into "beer parlour and prostitution joints."

"Let them know that now it's the time for revenge God willing," the group said in a statement. "From now on, they either follow the right religion or there will be no peace for them."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Nigeria
  1. Philip

Not me above. An dif you'll buy that, I've got a bridge over Lake Hasasu I'd like to sell you.
    See the man under the bridge? Covered in Pidgeons as children ring-around-the-rosey throwing bread crumbs at him. That's me.
    No wonder it's so easy for men who were molested as children and then go-on and become molesters themselves to gain access to our children.
    Being molested as a child stunts a persons emotional development...children have always been drawn to me. Even cats that hate men wearing hats cuddle right up to me.
    There is no doubt in my mind had I not sought help for the manic depression brought-on by my being molested as a very young boy, I myself would have become a child molester, with children drawn to me like a magnet attracts steel.

June 18, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

@ooutekong
    Rise in Christian fundamentalism in Africa has been marked. From around 10 million in 1900 to an explosion of 400 million during the past 50 years Christians have been turning to militancy themselves little reported by the media. In Nigeria they have been constantly blocking legislation to give equal rights to muslims.
    Good morning @Philip

June 18, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

Gm @saywhat. May I ask where you get your info...your fav sources. Also, how you came to pick the red pill.
    And one more favor to ask, from where do you come?

June 18, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

Oh @Philip
    I surf the web looking for info on the topics and don't rely on our mainstream media. There is Media Monitors Network, Counter Punch ( a remarkable political letter), there is Gordon Duff's military and foreign affairs magazine Veterans Today, there is Anti-war. com, There are likes of Chomsky and Uri Avnery ( read his article on the slavery of Africans in Israel) on Sunday's Media Monitors Network. There is Democracy In Action Today, NY Times, Haaretz and many more.

June 18, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

I come from a clan that abhors hypocrisy, double standards, bigotry, propaganda. violence and Wars. And that all 'men' are created equal. No people on this planet have the right to claim themselves to be descendants from some angelic specie to rule and lord over the rest.
    If that sounds foolish then I have no qualms pleading guilty.

June 18, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

A mistake @Philip. Pl read " And believe that all ' men" are created equal".

June 18, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

I love you @saywhat. Of course, agape' brotherly love, my friend and constant on these blogs.
    Without you, these newsblogs would not be what they are, for me.
    Warm handshake and face to face.
    "Just as iron sharpens iron, so the face of one man sharpens the face of another man" (one of my fav scriptures)
    And thx for revealing your sources, some of which are mine, and all of which are mine now...thanks to your sharpness. 🙂

June 18, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

He he...bear in mind I also love Elton John, though hardly approve of his chosen lifestyle. 🙂

June 18, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

...and I too believe that the lines drawn on our world map were drawn, not by God, but by men opposed to God.

June 18, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

@saywhat. The bible has taught me that God created one son, calling Jesus his "only begotten son." And that "All things were created by him [Jesus], through him, and for him"...that Jesus was a master worker alongside his heavenly father.
    Not all men were created equal, for only one man was ever created, a man called 'Adam'. The rest of us are sons of Adam, born with many and varied imperfections, aka 'sins' in the bible. (there is a difference between sins we are born with and sins we plan out in advance and actually commit...aka 'willful sins')

June 18, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hope

All men are created equal... with the divine right to choose. Adam, even in a state of perfection sin. We have inherent imperfection, we grow old and die. But sinning is described as a desire planted in our hearts, which upon reaching maturity results in sin. Whether that process takes days, weeks or a mere second; weve made a choice. The heart is treacherous, as are our desires in many instances. Therefore, many have a constant battle, within themselves to persue righteousness as revealed to us through the Christ.

Proverbs 8

June 18, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Hope

They speak of God, as if they know Him; while His thoughts are far removed from Him. Happy is the man who is persecuted for my namesake... Damned be the hypocritical one who brings shame upon the Righteous One.

Light the Fires, as it is God who will judge them all. Turn, turn, turn in order that we should no longer be babes, tossed about as by waves and carried hither and thither by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in contriving error.

Ephesians 4:11-16

June 18, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Hope

Correction:

They speak of God, as if they know Him; while His thoughts are far removed from them. Happy is the man who is persecuted for my namesake... Damned be the hypocritical one who brings shame upon the Righteous One.

Ephesians 4:11-16

June 18, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

"If they truly loved me, they would follow my commandments", as opposed to changeing what few godly laws they had on their books into ones making-way for badness in God's eyes. (The US Supreme court flip-flopping on laws banning abortion, for one of many examples)

June 18, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hope

Man ruling man to his own detriment. Is it any wonder that Rulers, Governments and Officials are spoken of as enemies of God?

Thanks... Later

June 18, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

June 18, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

Actually, the word 'sin' as found in our bibles was taken from the word ancient archers used when they missed the bullseye. "Oops, I sinned", one archer might say after having missed the mark of perfection.
    Also, Christ's sacrifice does not cover over crimes. Even if a criminal is forgiven his sins, Justice calls for his crimes to be paid for.
    An exaple of this would be a priest caught in the criminal act of rayping a 17 year old male. Even if he were to repent and be forgiven, True Justice would still be calling for his crimes to be paid for.
    The wages crime pays is determined by authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God himself, aka 'Judges'. Whereas the wages sin pays is death, no matter what a judge might say.

June 18, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |