June 19th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

The Supreme Court may soon rule on the constitutionality of President Obama's health care law.  Once a ruling is issued, CNN.com Live will be there for all the reaction and fallout.

Today's programming highlights...

9:10 am ET - Romney roundtable - GOP presidential Mitt Romney participates in a small business roundtable in Frankenmuth, Michigan.  He'll later travel to Holland, Michigan, for a campaign event at 6:25 pm ET.

9:30 am ET - JPMorgan Chase CEO on hot seat - Jamie Dimon returns to Capitol Hill for the second time in as many weeks.  This time he testifies before a House committee on his bank's recent massive trade loss.

2:15 pm ET - Biden in California - Vice President Biden is on the campaign trail this afternoon.  He addresses the national convention of the AFSCME labor union in Los Angeles.

7:30 pm ET - Obama news conference - Before returning to Washington, President Obama will conclude his visit to Los Cabos, Mexico, by holding a briefing with reporters.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Mitt Romney • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. saywhat

Good morning all.
    some news to ponder.
    "McCain urges US led air war in Syria". Now this man who after his and the likes of Liebermans et al 'contributions" to our woes still tries to get us to the brink. But its understandable, they get their cues and commands from elsewhere. Mccain appeard before an Israeli lobby the other day with a key note address on Syria and he promptly complies with the wishes of the masters.

June 19, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

We need a law that bars crazy people from being members of Congress or from working in any government position.
      If we had something like that we'd get rid of whackos like McCain pretty quick.

June 19, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©:

@ saywhat
    I agree with you on that. President Obama has been doing everything he can to keep us out of another war in the ME. While he has reaffirmed our intentt to have Israels back if they are attacked, it is refreshing to see him not bowing to it's influence. The likes of McCain are from the old school of superst ition that israel holds all the power of god and if we don't support them, we will fall. For their type to try to undercut the presidents authority and talk with Israel about what kind of war they want us fight for them is criminal and should be dealt with as such

June 19, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. Superman

Good morning everyone oh its a beautifully day here in Calif is everybody going to play nice today

June 19, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rascal Rabble

Lift High The Cross Hymn

Refrain

Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim,
    Till all the world adore His sacred Name.

Led on their way by this triumphant sign,
    The hosts of God in conquering ranks combine.

Refrain

Each newborn servant of the Crucified
    Bears on the brow the seal of Him Who died.

Refrain

O Lord, once lifted on the glorious tree,
    As Thou hast promised, draw the world to Thee.

Refrain

So shall our song of triumph ever be:
    Praise to the Crucified for victory.

Refrain

June 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg Conn

Why do you spam a discussion by posting an entire Christian church hymn?
      This is not the place for the attempted proselytizing of your particular religion.

June 19, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

Mornin' @bobcat
    Hope your day sails along smoothly.

June 19, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

*hang, rather. (typo)
    Care to debate this @Rabble? Or would you rather attack me for what I said.

June 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

It's 98 deg. today in Colorado Springs. Another new record. (yawn) Breaking record high temps is getting almost as boring as EQs in socal. 🙂

June 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LB

Religious freedom. Something both Philip and Rascal should be free to do. I cannot brook when one person attempt to tell another person how to interpet their faith. It makes them look so shallow. So my advice is to stop it.

June 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

you are patriotically stupid...govt is overstepping its boundaries...and attempting to legislate or imposed a particular belief on its citizens...and dictating one's conscious...that ain't consteetutional...!

June 19, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat2u

What is the reason CNN that you are not letting me post today ? Everything I've said is on topic yet you still block me. Why ?

June 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

@ Rascals 4:54 post, i agree totally about your government comment. And they would like to keep us stupid as long as possible.

June 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

Good Evening Fellow bloggers, a few new players in the game today I see. Hope everyone had a good one. @Philip 108 here today, it is getting ridiculous. Right about now having a winter sounds appealing to this.

June 19, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. dazzle ©

@bobcat(in a hat)© I'm happy to see you. I had the same problem early this morning on The Sandusky thread. How are you?

June 19, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

lol @ Mary, cute, but i agree, we NEED bobcats funnies!

June 19, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

I'm having problems even staying on the net!
    I keep getting bumped off...
    Well, hasta la toodles for now...

June 19, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

@LB 1:18 PM. is that what you would have said to Jesus as he went about exposing Jewish leaders as children of Satan? You would suggest to his 12 Apostles NOT to argue? You would suggest that the apostle Paul not go to Rome and give them the what for, wouldn't ya.
    Some argue over 200 freaking dollars in small claims court. What say you?

June 19, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Larry B

What I would say is that you are putting a lot of thought into misinterpreting what I said. I said everyone should be able to express their religious freely, and not be castigated for thinking passages in the bible differently from one another. In other words, very plainly speaking, YOU may interpret it differently from Rascal, and Rascal may interpet things differently than I; we all believe in the same book. I do wish you would not overthink a plain sentence that was defending BOTH of you paths of thought; what is UP with you two that you hboth have to resort to insults and arguing over the good book? I think you have insulted my intelligence and my person enough for one day. Good evening, and may you find the inner peace that I enjoy. You are one angry man.

June 19, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Larry B

Actually, I have my doubts if you read anyone's posts closely at all. To argue just for arguing's sake is counter-productive to anything except to get your jollies from being a net thug.

June 19, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |