June 27th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The Supreme Court is expected to rule Thursday on the constitutionality of President Obama's health care law.  Once a ruling is issued, watch CNN.com Live for reaction and fallout to the decision.

Today's programming highlights...

Continuing coverage - Tropical Depression Debby

9:45 am ET - Waldo Canyon wildfire briefing - The wildfire has forced more than 32,000 people in Colorado out of their homes, are firefighters are struggling to contain it.  Officials update the public on the status of the fire.

11:00 am ET - Biden in Iowa - Vice President Joe Biden continues his campaign travels today, speaking to supporters in Dubuque, Iowa.

12:00 pm ET - John King live chat - CNN's John King returns for his weekly segment on politics!  Tweet your questions to @JohnKingCNN, and he may answer them today!

1:00 pm ET - House Democrats talk Holder contempt vote - Barring any last-minute agreement, the House will vote tomorrow on whether to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt.  House Democrats will discuss the vote this afternoon.

5:00 pm ET - Romney goes to Virginia - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney spends his afternoon in Sterling, Virginia, where he'll speak with reporters.

7:00 pm ET - White House hosts Congressional picnic - Summer is the perfect time to have a picnic, even if you're a member of Congress!  Lawmakers loosen up and enjoy a picnic on the White House South Lawn.  President Obama will attend and make remarks.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Colorado • Health • Health Care • Health care reform • On CNN.com today • Tropical weather • U.S. • Weather
  1. Superman

@@@dorms laugter because laws are written on paper so they are easier to Bend to there satisfaction they won't break if on stone then thats different

June 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Superman

@@@Phillip your starting ti make a little sense to me now but be carefull with lifestyles as well and we could stand on the same ground i remember that dentist ordeal but it the responsibility of the individual to be safe,,, me? I would never and i mean never play un warped so to say im a responsible person and will always stay that way,,,,,,,enough of that bs,,,,,,how are you doing with the fires and all i sow that things are getting rough there

June 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Little point in me asking how the fires are going in your neck of the woods @ Philip, since youre posting i know your ok. 🙂 i did ask Mary on monday but she told me you were 2 busy to be concerned with the fires, which i found most odd. Glad your ok. 😉

June 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I didn't say he was to busy to be concerned. I said he was busy as I was as well.

June 27, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

Hi, chrissy. I posted an update above. Yesterday we went to sleep with 5,000 acres burned, today we awoke to 15,000. We had 65pmp winds yesterday, and the hottest day in the history of our beloved Colorado Springs. This, comined with recieveing only 18% of our usual rainfall over the past two years.
    You folks argue 'global warming' which is entirely natural, for it has been written...the entire earth with one day be a warm Paradise with natural climates and seasons.
    All that mankinds pollution has done to this natural change is to take what would have been a 1000 yr. process (think Millenial reign of Christ already begun) and tried to cram it into 100 years.
    Atmospheric pollution keeps water from evaporating at a natural rate. (google pan-evap rates) Evap. water is the engine that drives our weather.
    Think about these things, and ask me some serious questions pls. I do have all the answers. I really do. 🙂

June 27, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

...and Mary meant that I was too busy working to not only keep updated, but to post here.
    My sleep habits have been altered since Saturday. It's like an old hound dog having his last bone taken away from him. He kinda gets grouchy when little puppies want to play, and with HIS last bone! (my theory on global warming vs. the other two)

June 27, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Philip

I'm sorry to hear you are in such a cranky mood, but I am glad to hear you are safe.

June 27, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip posed as bciah

...plus we've all heard reports of senior citizen abuse at these places.
    I once tinted the glass on this "old age home" in Corona Del Mar. Most of these seniors were worth more in cash than we combined are. Anyway, they were the loneliest people I ever met. And just as kids scared of men wearing hats jump all over me wearing mine, old people are drawn to me in person. I felt like i did when my doggie Muffet had more puppies than she had teats, and i was covered in puppy smell. Dontcha just love puppy smell? I do. But...he he, it didn't smell like puppies them kindly old folks and lonely.

June 27, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

If yer really sorry, acknowledge my theory on global warming. None of you have heard the truth about global warming. You are told by one side that it's manmade, and told 'no it's not' by the other.
    You ALL discuss these two opinions. What about mine? I've never been charged with lying to US. I've never been charged with using campaign funds to coverup my cheating ways. You listen to men like these BUSTED lying to US...EVEN ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING if you educate yourself.

June 27, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

I am NOT gonna argue with you Mary, but i just double checked my bookmark and yes you did, however you did say working.

June 27, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

Sheesh, chrissy. I have no idea what your personal BMI is. Joey and I are so vain so as to post our physicality, ya'll women ain't that equal yet. Keep going. You will be, i promise.
    And i was only playing with the bone of mine that got taken away. (discussion on global warming as related to the truth about it as found by science and bible) I've got uglier obese jokes. I'd rather not post jokes, so...give me back my doggy bone or we can just keep playing with it.

June 27, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Wowsers, bowser.... 😉
    Damn funny joke, Rawr.

June 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

I DID answer that question, i just told you that i was NOT convinced it was man made!!! And i have NEVER argued anything different on that! In fact i have NEVER said anything about global warming period!!!

June 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

This is what I said

Mary
    He hasn't checked the fires, too busy at work and I as well. ttl
    Hello to you too chrissy

June 25, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply

June 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

How about this?
    Philip, you post what you want, and bobcat, you post what you want.
    If people are interested, they will read them.
    If not, they won't.
    People like bobcat's jokes; people like Philip's posts.
    Let it be!

I am glad you are safe, Philip.
    May it always be that way.

Keep posting your jokes, bobcat.
    They are just as welcome and worthy as Philip's posts.

June 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mary

bye bye little girls Im not reporting abuse but I will speak on topic only from now on. Im not into little girls games

June 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Mary:
      Please explain why my post would illicit an insult from you, for I do not see what "game" I am possibly playing.

June 27, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |