July 3rd, 2012

Gotta Watch: Rednecks at play

Self-proclaimed "rednecks" gather across the country to enjoy some fun in the mud and we've captured them on video. Watch as some swim in a mud pit, hurl hubcaps and compete in beer-related contests. One woman states "what makes it so fun is that it's a bunch of rednecks getting along."

'Redneck Resort' offers fun in the mud

Watch what some drivers do to "mess up" their vehicles at the Redneck Resort.

Beer + cigarettes + mud = Redneck Games

See what happens when a bunch of rednecks roll around in the mud.

Maine town hosts 'Redneck Olympics'

See how beer plays a role in one of the "Redneck Olympic" games.

Post by:
Filed under: Georgia • Gotta Watch • Maine • Sports • Swimming • Tennessee • U.S.
  1. ObamaUntil2016

Rednecks at play? I that they call call them Tea Party rallies.

July 4, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
    • John

If you're going to insult someone, and put in a plug for your favorite politcal canidate, it might sway more people to agree with you if you stopped drinking and learned how to construct a coherent sentence.

July 4, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Phil

I think you meant to say the word "thought". I have never seen it misspelled so bad. I bet you could throw a mean hubcap yourself. Belly flop in the mud? DUMMY! " I that they called them Tea Party rallies". What an idiot you are.

July 4, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mike Gomez

Instead of asking people for proper ID to vote, they should ask/check their IQ to see if they have the state regulated IQ level to vote: 150 or over (I know guys, it's undemocratic and unfair, that'll pretty much ensure a democrat at the WH every 4 years)

July 4, 2012 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. i_know_everything

lol repubs

July 4, 2012 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Wayne J

Its okay to call rural white people "redneck" but the "N" word is offensive. Kiss it CNN.

July 4, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. Don678

As a White southerner, I am highly offended by a news outlet using the term "redneck". I check CNN every month or so, and this discriminatory item confirms my decision to avoid CNN- online and TV.

July 4, 2012 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Holy Mackeral

and et here you are again

July 4, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Orema

Your beef isn't with CNN. The name of the resort is "Redneck Resort." Not only do they call themselves "rednecks" but they want everyone else to call them "rednecks" too, since that's the name of the resort.

July 4, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • AmerikanInfidel

dude, wow. Round my parts in the South we are proud to be called rednecks. You need to loosen that bow tie and switch that seersucker suit out for some wranglers.

July 4, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • RedneckinHooligan

And as a full-fledged Redneck, I believe you're wearing a panty on your head, son.

Loosen up. Just people having fun.

July 4, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Piers Morgan, Supervillain

AND as a White southerner, you obviously have NO IDEA what "Self-proclaimed" means, do you? You foolish troglodyte.

July 4, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. theone59

these people are a disgrace to our civilized culture. redncks are to white people what n's are to black people

July 4, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • bannister

These people are awesome, just simple folk having a good time. And by the way, it's folks like this that BUILT most of America and don't you forget it.

July 4, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Piers Morgan, Supervillain

No, no "theone" you can't be serious. What is wrong with what they are doing? They are having fun. There is no plant life around that I can see – I don't see any threat to the environment. They might be wasting fuel, but that's about it. Leave them be. bannister has the right of it.

July 4, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ace

hmmmm....it seems blacks and other minorities are under-represented at these games...I'm puzzled.

July 4, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Lilith

Lol! Spot on!~

July 4, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. onestarman

BUILD A FENCE around Texas and Arizona and the Deep Fried South; round up the Red Necks in the Rest of the Country and ship them there in Cattle Cars where they can live among their own kind and leave the CIVILIZED WORLD alone.

July 4, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Uhhhhhh

Oh yes, rounding people up and shipping them to camps in cattle cars sounds very civilized Adolf.

July 4, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

And at the entrance to compound put in big letters "Freedom Through Work"....I don't know the German translation for it but that was what the sign read at the original Auschwitz work camp.

July 4, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Keep your "Civilized" world. I would put my life in the hands of a total redneck stranger before I would you.

July 4, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dave, Central Illinois

Looks like a bunch of common people having fun. They also look like working taxpayers. Uptight Libs who live in mom's basement like to insult those who have lives outside. Typical LIbs....

July 4, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Herkermer

Don't insult us real libs Dave. We like it too. It is the Conserves that don't.

July 4, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dave, Central Illinois

Really "onestarman" – "CIVILIZED WORLD"? Do you mean perhaps New York or Chicago? What's the murder rate up to now in those fine cities? Typical Lib chatter....

July 4, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom B

Yep...the Cities and states "Civilizing" themselves into bankruptcy and high crime rates.... I'll pas on THAT kind of "Civilized Society".

July 4, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. john

They are uneducated

July 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uneducated Redneck

Us gun toting, mud run loving, PBR drinking rednecks sure are an uneducated group. For all of you snobs who think rednecks are just plain backwards and have zero importance with making decisions in society, let me educate you on a few things. My redneck brethren are devout friends who would go out of their way to help someone in need including complete strangers who call them backwards. Those same rednecks do not marginalize menial jobs like others and would do what it takes to earn an honest living in hard times. They are the backbone of this country and will be there to help this country when a crisis hits.

Lastly, this uneducated redneck has two degrees, several honors society memberships, and advanced certifications that most of you would never be able to pass. I will stick with the rednecks because they are more of a true friend than any of you could ever be.

July 4, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. rob

What a disgrace on our nations birthday to offend a group of people with the word redneck who lived on this great land prior to 1776. I would love to see you drop the N-Word and not have jesse jackson and the rest of the lowlife NAACP all over you asking for an apology and for the person who wrote this head on a plate

July 4, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. just me

These are the people that will drive up in the pickups, with the confederate flags painted on them, to their local polls to vote for Romney. People internationally look at these rednecks and laugh at Americans as a whole.

July 4, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. white dude lul

These are the people who want to ban gay marriage...

July 4, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. wow

it's the religious right playing in the mud..

July 4, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Oh give it a break will you. I bet you didn't know that one of the largest Wicca Covens is located in a little town in Western North Carolina. Yes, we have our religious zealots but so does the rest of the country and the world. And remember, if you don't want to read something on the internet, all you have to do is go somewhere else which is what I and the majority of the posters wish you would do. Take a hike.

July 4, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |