July 5th, 2012

Thursday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

8:30 am ET (est.) - Air France crash report briefing - Three years after Air France Flight 447 plunged into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 228 people aboard, French authorities will release their final report on the tragedy.

9:35 am ET - Obama goes to Ohio - President Obama begins a two-day campaign bus tour today in Ohio.  He'll visit Maumee at 11:40 am ET, Sandusky at 3:40 pm ET and Parma at 7:15 pm ET.

3:45 pm ET - Homeless man beating death briefing - The attorney for the father of a homeless man who died after a 2011 police beating in Fullerton, California, will discuss a lawsuit filed in the case.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Elections • France • On CNN.com today • Politics • World
  1. Philip

A "homeless" man was bludgeoned to death by other "homeless" men here in Colorado Springs a couple of weeks ago. (i say "homeless" b/c yes, there are people who choose to live this lifestyle...early disabilty that doesn't pay rent once spent on booze and drugs)
    But I don't see "homeless" suing "homeless". I only see "homeless" suing the city when a police officer beats them down. (sort of like black and red Americans who only sue US, never their own who sold them into slavery)

July 5, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

how soon you forget Philip, when that was you! Look down your nose at these people now, but remember it coulda, shoulda, woulda been you! God doesnt teach you to turn the other cheek, he teaches you to help the less fortunate!

July 5, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. Obama Mama

Hello chrissy, sorry I did not reply to your oompa lumpa medicaid question. Have 2 in summer college and clinicals and we fight for the computer and I lose. I checked for Michigan and they have had it the past 4 years. Some of it will be changed due to the new Obama healthcare. Also I thought medicaid was for women and children? It also says it on the website. Did I miss something?

July 5, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

No you didnt miss anything except it is also for the disabled which would include oompa loompa! & yes he is disabled & nearly 60 yrs old. Never fear tho he absolutely refuses 2 get medical care without insurance! He would rather suffer & make me suffer 2!

July 5, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

He should be recieving his disability anytime & hes earned it, its not the hand out people are so quick 2 imply that it is, Hes worked & paid into it for 45 years so its his money! Now if they would make big pharma pay back what kids draw cuz of bad meds

July 5, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

it might solve the social security shortage issues as well as the national deficit!

July 5, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

@ mama, but thank you for looking into that. My sister is a social workes so i knew some of it.

July 5, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

And in case i misunderstood your post, yes theyve had medicade, they just havent had any open enrollment for new sign ups, even for those applying for disability.

July 5, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. dazzle ©

Good Morning my fellow bloggers. Hope life is back to normal in your worlds. @chrissy, would this be you know who that you are referring to?

July 5, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

lmao @ dazzle, youre pretty perceptive. Course i thought oompa loompa mighta been a giveaway.

July 5, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

@chrissy, I thought it was a new name for him but wasn't sure. I can't believe he is still living in your home.

July 5, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

However im not overstating the disability factor. If anything ive downplayed it.

July 5, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

In all good conscience i cannot toss him out, particularly when i know he isnt physically fit to take care of himself. And every day he gets worse and worse. I have to live with my actions and not sure i could live with that one.

July 5, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, you are a much more patient person than I am. I would have kicked him to the curb long ago. Just think of how nice it would be to have your home all to yourself.

July 5, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

Its painful to me just watching him do the simple tasks everyone else takes for granted. Just watching him try to put on his shoes for instance. Thats a good half hour, maybe longer. Of course makes me feel better about my own problems.

July 5, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

lmao, oh i havent lost that dream! For now though, i have to do the *right* thing. And that is this. Im sure God has not forgotten me.

July 5, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |