July 7th, 2012

Firing from Syria kills 2 in Lebanon

Two rocket-propelled grenades fired from Syria on Saturday landed in a Lebanon border town, killing two people and wounding two others, Lebanon's National News Agency reported.

The victims in the Wady Khaled attack were Syrian refugees, the news agency said.

The Lebanese Red Cross issued conflicting numbers, saying one person was killed and four injured.

The victims were all from the same family and were transported to a hospital, said George Kettaneh, a spokesman for the Red Cross.

The fatality was a young girl, he said.

Post by:
Filed under: Lebanon • Syria
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ saywhat

I have made a promise to myself in this life. No matter how I am remembered, I "will" be remembered.
    I like to believe that my works in this world have been admirable. But I guess in the end, it comes down to who is asked, friend or foe, on how one is remembered.

July 7, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Sure it is, love, but after I'm gone, I won't give a flying fook.
      I'll be remembered, because I've seen people who I haven't seen in 30 years who have told me, "how could I ever forget you?" with affection in their voices...
      I guess that's good.
      I hope the people whose lives I've touched will remember me fondly, but I don't live my life to impress others, so it matters not one jot.
      Know what I mean, jellybean?

July 7, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ banasy©

I agree whole heartedly with your assessment. I also do not live my life to be accepted. If I'm liked by people, that is wonderful. But on the other hand if I'm not liked by someone, I just figure it's their loss, because I'm one h3ll of a nice person, and I'll be the first to admit it. LOL

July 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

You would be one of the people I would miss the most, Rawr, should you happen to disappear...which you won't right? RIGHT?
      You are a nice person; one of the best-o-the-bunch!
      How is your daughter, BTW?
      I do hope she is doing well, and whatever was causing your troubles has passed...we worry about you, ya know.

July 7, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

Well said again@bobcat
    "in the end it comes down to who is asked, friend or foe" remarkable.
    The sweeping statements that we are making all the time are rendered rather meaningless when seen in this light.
    Thanks.
    but we will continue to appear wise and know alls, that is a given too. An inherent weakness to which I plead guilty.

July 7, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Without seeming too flowery, saywhat, you are one of the kindest, wisest people on these boards, and if you should suddenly disappear from these boards, I would miss you immensely!
      You most certainly do *not* come off as a know-it-all; learned and "know-it-all" isn't the same thing.
      Your posts resonate.

July 7, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ saywhat

banasy© has hit it on the head again. Your posts, instead of sounding know-it-all and condescending, are very astute. You really seem to have a good handle of the subjects you touch on. Wether this a natural or studied ability matters not. I find your knowledge on the issues very refreshing.
      As far as my renderings this morning, I guess I was I was just having one of my philosophical moments.

July 7, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

Brendan had spent a week visiting his family in Kentucky. His sister-in-law and seven-year-old nephew went with him when he returned to the airport. After verifying his seat number with the counter attendant, Brendan walked back to his relatives and stated that he’d have to wait an additional three hours in the airport.

“How come?,” his nephew asked.

“My plane has been grounded,” Brendan explained.

“Grounded?” the little boy said. “I didn’t know planes had parents.”

July 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Groan....

July 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

You think that one was bad ? Try this one.

A husband and wife had a quarrel between them and were giving each other the silent treatment. The same night the husband realized that he would need his wife to wake him at 5.00 am for an early morning business flight to Chicago. Not wanting to be the first to break the silence, he finally wrote on a piece of paper, “Please wake me at 5.00 am.”
      The next morning the husband woke up, only to discover it was 9.00am, and that he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn’t woken him when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed … it said… “It is 5.00am; wake up.”

July 7, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol...she won!

July 7, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

The smoke detector industry is covering up research showing more people are injured every year falling from ladders and stepstools while trying to replace smoke detector batteries than are injured in house fires.

July 7, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mickey1313

Bob cith, is that true? Thats a funny stat.

July 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

whose bright idea was it to put those things in the ceilings...

July 7, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

C'mon now, Rawr, is that really true?
      Althought I wouldn't doubt it a bit...lol...

July 7, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. revnowwhilewecan

@saywhat
    If the only news sources are western sources you'll never figure out what's really going on. Russia Today has a great interview on utube today on how western news sources tailored the reporting on the Serbian killings in Kosovo and how it relates to the current crisis in Syria. I'm not saying RT is the be all end all of truth but at least they're ALLOWED to show an opposing view to western globalist's propaganda.

July 7, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hi, revnow!
      Long time no see.
      Precisely why I do not trust anything coming from a state-owned television station like Syria's either.
      Everyone has an agenda.

July 7, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • revnowwhilewecan

Hi banasy!
      I really miss coming here but I was tired of my comments being erased even tho I NEVER use profanity. I finally opened an online notepad where I can copy and re-post without retyping cause ya know I suck at it. Anyway, that's why I say give all the info and let the people decide what to think. Tailoring news to justify killings has never saved lives and never will. I'm curious, can you see any of my other posts about the rebels or me talking about posts being removed? Thanks banasy, it's nice to see ya.

July 7, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. revnowwhilewecan

That's ok CNN. Keep erasing my comments every time I mention Americans dying upon the alter of elitist's agendas or as you like to call it, "humanitarian aide missions". IDK why you don't just block me? Wouldn't it be easier than erasing my comments? Always one-sided agenda based reporting. Why never any mention of western forces supplying al-Qaeda Jihad's killing civilians? Or as you and your masters label them, "Syrian Free Army". You know we have the internet and access to free and truly balanced information don't you? Your warmongering propaganda doesn't work anymore, the people no longer trust you and the millions of people on the streets of the world daily of which you are not allowed to show demand the sacrificing stop immediately! So go ahead and keep erasing my comments but you can't erase an idea that is thoroughly embedded throughout the world.

July 7, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. revnowwhilewecan

I never use profanity and your continued censorship of my comments proves you're agenda based and have no interest in housing opposing view points. I'm not going away.

July 7, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@revnow:
      I see a total of three posts by you, if that helps.
      Your idea of the notepad is a good one, and if I ever figure out my phone, I'll use it.
      Everyone gets their posts deleted, rev, and I do mean everyone.
      I don't know what the criteria is for getting a post deleted; something I've never been able to figure out...I've had mine deleted MANY times!
      Doesn't shut me up, though, lol!

July 7, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. revnowwhilewecan

banasy,
    Thanx. That helps alot! I'll keep popin in with random comments again. And they can't shut us up! If they do, they win and the internet and it's blog sites are the only place where people can share info on a worldly scale and we cannot afford to have that (completely) censored! Ttyl. Work time.
    P.S. I love the government, it's policies and donate to Romney and Obama....lol

July 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. u know who

"The High Office of the President has been used to foment a plot to destroy America's freedom and before I leave [here] I must inform [you] citizens of this plight."- what i aim to do here, and what John F. Kennedy said 10 days before he was asassinated. (addressing students at Columbia University)

July 7, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. u know who

Let her speak of Dick Cheney's Energy Taskforce Meeting and what discussions there were as to the steps that would be taken to remove the taliban and the Bridas Corporation as their last remaining obstacles to controling Afghanistans vast pileline infrastructure.

July 7, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. u know who

I, and President Obama both know about Bridas v Unocal 15 BILLION dollar interference of contract lawsuit in US District Court, Southern District of Texas & 5th circuit court of appeals on Sep.9, 2003 that upheld the Bridas settlement and the Mar.22, 2004 denial of Writ of Certorari at the US S SEPREME COURT, case 03-1018, Turkmenneft v Bridas.
    How many Bridas employees are being held indefinitely at Homeland Security Prisons and GITMO? President Obama knows. Has he told you yet?

July 7, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. u know who

How many American and Afghan citizens are in prison without being formally charged? And how many of them know ALL ABOUT what the Bush administration did to Bridas employees to sieze control of afghanistans pipleines to deliver their personal oil holdings to China.
    You didn't really think Congress funded our nations most massive prison building program EVER (RIGHT AFTER 9/11) for foreign terrorists, did you? Do you?
    The Civil Liberties Union won't even touch this one for fear, or following orders.

July 7, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

@ saywhat, i also agree with banasy! You have been a true inspiration to me and i look up to you a great deal. @ bobcat, you bring great joy to my life, @ banasy, even with 4 sisters you are the one i never had and dazzle too, and @ rascal, you amaze me!

July 7, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

also @ rascal, you amaze me cuz i never know what youre gonna say next and @ revnow, i admire your courage and tenacity. And @ superman, youre my bud and you always will be! Ok i think ive covered all my friends. Appreciate you all. 🙂 whos beth ann?

July 8, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

im gettin' censored even t'say goodbye...thinkofmie everytime you see a bowl of lemons...chrissy...bye! 🙁

July 8, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

oops forgot a cpl. @ Mary i appreciate you two even tho we dont always see eye to eye and mickeyl3l3 i appreciate you cuz youre a clown and make me laugh. Now im gonna take a break from cnn for awhile til it learns how to grow up! My friends, ado!

July 8, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |