Stephen Covey, author of 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,' dead at 79
July 16th, 2012

Stephen Covey, author of 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,' dead at 79

Author Stephen Covey, whose "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" sold more than 20 million copies, died Monday at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman said. He was 79.

Covey's family issued a statement, reported by CNN affiliate KSL, saying he died from residual effects of an April bicycle accident.

"In his final hours, he was surrounded by his loving wife and each one (of) his children and their spouses, just as he always wanted," the statement said, according to KSL.

Covey was "one of the world's foremost leadership authorities, organizational experts and thought leaders," according to a biography posted on the website of his 2011 book, "The 3rd Alternative."

Other best-sellers by Covey include "First Things First," "Principle-Centered Leadership," and "The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness," according to the biography.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. chrissy

Take yourself for example. Ive never had a conversation with you until the 7th of july, yet EVERY conversation you attack whatever i post. Why is that?

July 16, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. HIDE BEHIND

I got over myself once, long ages ago,
    While still a child and not so old,
    I opened books of wisdom, one by one,
    Left the worlds of make believe, to some,
    did not find wisdom yet, but who cares,
    I gave up pretending and putying on airs,

For if all destinations reach the same end, only the journey will matter,Then.

July 16, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

@ Simon, i do NOT troll. Never have and im not about to start with you. But now i KNOW who you really are. Mitch correct? And @ HIDE BEHIND, you sound as if youve found wisdom to me! And youre probably the most unpretentious blogger here. Dont change. 😉

July 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • AKA as Matt

Why would one assume it is chrissy, when chrissy gets trolled by that same troll as much as the rest of us?
      I find that logic of "I just got trolled, ergo, it must be chrissy" to be fatally flawed.

July 16, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

No i did not. And if you have doubts then i suggest you email the journalist of this thread. I can get you the email address for you if you like. And ask any regular poster here, i have been trolled more than anyone by the depends bandit.

July 16, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Whoever you email will verify at least that it isnt me. I dont think they will tell you who, but maybe. If you know me as well as you think you do then you know already i have no problem saying what i think with my own name.

July 16, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

I promise you i DID NOT! I find it very distasteful and hurtful. And i am elderly as well. I suppose you consider i AM quite opinionated, and you would be correct. Mainly because for much of my life i wasnt allowed an opinion.But i am not spiteful.

July 16, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

If one notices, or cares, the Depends troll has already been deleted; if chrissy were a trill, all of her posts woukd be, also.
    I can attest to the fact that chrissy gets attacked by this troll more than anyone on here.

Simon, since you have contacts at Turner, perhaps you can ske them why they allow such behavior to continue.

July 16, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

*ask* them...

July 16, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

My 9:26 post was rife with typos; I hope everyone can decipher what I was meaning to convey.

July 16, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Ty banasy, i didnt notice it gone til i read your post.

July 16, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

So Simon, what was this wisdom you wanted to share with me? Did that post get deleted also? I was away from my phone and just got back online, but i cant find it.

July 16, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Simon Abela

Chrissy, I will look for you tomorrow as it is well past my bedtime and we 87 year olds need our rest. I promise I will be sharper tomorrow and I do apologize if I appeared less than kind. You should get your rest too. Good night Chrissy.

July 16, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Ok ty, and you seem awfully sharp to me especially for 87. You remind me of Joey and he is sharp as a tack. Pleasant dreams.

July 16, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Nitin Agarwal

Dr. Covey will live Forever.

July 17, 2012 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
  14. *facepalm*

If you don't think they are resting, why would you say "rest in peace"? Simply mouthing those words when you don't really mean them is disengenuous and misleading.
    Say what you really think. Sheesh! How hard could that be?

July 17, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Alrighty then, all those posts from Simon was a troll? Why not delete the responses?

July 17, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |