Witness alleges she was abused by suspect in Trayvon Martin killing
George Zimmerman, center, sits during his bond hearing in late June.
July 17th, 2012

Witness alleges she was abused by suspect in Trayvon Martin killing

A woman has accused George Zimmerman, the man charged in the fatal shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, of having sexually abused her for about a decade, beginning when she was 6 years old and he was 8.

"He would reach under the blankets and try to do things and I would try to push him off," said the woman, who is identified only as Witness 9 and whose account was released Monday in audio recordings that a judge ordered last week be made public.

"He was bigger and stronger and older. It was in front of everybody. And I don't know how I didn't say anything. But I just didn't know any better," she said.

CNN spoke to the woman's father, who said neither he nor any other member of the family would be speaking on the subject. The woman did not respond to a request for comment.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Where were the little girl's parents?
    If I were the woman's father, I wouldn't want to tell the world why I let an eight-year-old boy be in a position to put his hand under my six-year-old daughter's covers.
    Why do I seem to smell the love of money in this situation?

July 17, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Dott

All she had to do was contact Martin's attorney and tell him she had a molesting story and he bit. I hope we can find out how much she was paid to do this. This is so sickening. Kids play touch pee pee all the time. Just curious children. I hope they dis-own her.

July 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Dott

For a decade?????

July 17, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

lol...dott's gotta a point

July 17, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. James Huffer

Just what does this have to do with the events of the crime in question? Absolutely nothing! Settle the current issue then you can do as you please with the dirt you dig but stop clouding the legal case with the smoke of a distant fire. The time for that comes after the Martin case concludes as this has no bearing on stand your ground or the death of Martin.

July 17, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bill

This is the sort of stuff FL is famous for! Criminal Justice...what a contradiction of terms! Another gal rolling out of the woodwork to play get even games...just because.

July 17, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mickey1313

This is just like the wikileaks guy. Women are paied to discredit people to make them seem to be criminals. This woman is obviously a lier, our she would have come forward decades ago. Way to go fl justice.

July 17, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Obama Mama

And the hits just keep coming, wow, control over other humans, now how would you have guessed that?

July 17, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. BOMBO ©

Ignore 10:37 troll.

That said, this is a separate issue, and may indeed lead to separate criminal charges. I would be surprised if she is allowed to testify in the murder case. It's just not relevant.

July 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

@Bombo I have had a troll today also. And I think you are correct it has nothing to do with this case, unless it is character referenced. And to have it be character related I think they would have to prove it first before the trial of Zimmerman – Martin case.

July 17, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Since both sides are playing the "your guy is worse" game, this isn't surprising to me at all.
    Relevance to the case?
    None, but to make GZ look as bad of a character as people want TM to look...
    Since they are going to trot out TM's past, surely GZ's bears the same level of scrutiny.

July 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dott

I hear she will be getting a nice fat check for coming forward with this little information. I know times are tough but to do this is too much. Kids play around with each other. We would like to know if Martin ever messed with any of his cousins.

July 17, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Dott

Again, play doctor for a decade????? Did you miss that part????

July 17, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dott

She was offered money. I hope Zimmerman's attorney will offer a reward for information on who Martin messed with when he was a kid.

July 17, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mr Dalloway

The Zimboy is as dirty as a mechanic's rag.

July 18, 2012 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. ProudUSMCVet

@Dott – I think that you are the one missing something here. If you read a little more thoroughly, you will see that "witness" states that it occurred 4 times over a ten year period. If that is abuse for a decade in your mind, than I would suggest some interpretation.

Also, one more statement she made was that the last time it occurred, she drove to his residence alone to see him because it had been a while since they had not seen each other. I know that I am not a pyschiatrist nor a mind reader but common sense would tell me that if she did not hesitate to travel alone and be alone with him, she was not concerned about any sort of abuse.

This is just another ploy to sway public opinion by a struggling plaintiff's offense. While I don't condone what occurred when Zimmerman shot Martin, from what I digest among the facts, leaving opinions out of it, there seems to be no evidence to contradict Zimmerman's summary of events. You can nit pick all day and make assumptions of character but isn't that hypocritical?

Don't read just what you want to believe. If you are going to be judgemental, at least do it fairly.

July 18, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |