July 19th, 2012

Feds raid NJ capital's city hall one day after searching mayor's home

Federal agents raided City Hall in New Jersey's capital on Thursday, one day after they swarmed the home of the city's mayor, as well as those of his brother and a campaign supporter.

"The FBI is executing search warrants at various offices at Trenton City Hall, pursuant to an ongoing investigation," FBI Public Affairs Officer Barbara Woodruff said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Daniel

I have to say I moved from back west to New Jersey around 12 years ago and I'm appalled at how often public officials are caught in illegal activity compared to where I grew up. I recall one of the biggest scandals of a mayor when I was a kid was when city funds had been used for his daughter's wedding (i.e. police guards, use of a city facility without paying a fee, etc. nothing really like straight up 'embezzling funds'). We desparately need electoral reform. Our current process is rife with corrupt practices. Stop making the election 'for sale to the highest spender' instead put a cap on election dollars spent (a low cap).

July 19, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. George McGuiness

I"m gay. I like their chicken. I've been in their Headquarters and didn't burn. Although the church bells rining at 9 AM seemed cult like. I'm sure they have gay people working for them. It's only chicken. geez.

July 19, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kevin

FFacts likes little boys

July 19, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Racists White Boy

Where did all this crazy racist5 stuff come from.I know being White and all I am not allowed to trace my roots back thru history because that would make me a racist. The Black folk are the only ones left who are qualified to run this country. Just look at all the projects and see how great they are. And what a GREAT job Mr O'bama is doing.

July 19, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Frank

People of the United States of America and the MSNBC Lean Forward Progressives,
    The Mayor of Trenton must be a Republian because we know that the DOJ would let any Democrat,Black Panther member or MSNBC Talk show hosts (ie REV AL SHARPTON)slide!

July 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Citizen of NJ

More of our money stolen. NJ sucks.

July 19, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dot

Can't understand why so many of you write comment's that and nothing to do with what was reported. Most of you didnt even get the name right. White men have been do this for year's. Check your fact's befor you run off by the mouth. CNN get so manything's wrong You people yes I said you pp. white.black an others grow up.

July 19, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • life4takin

It's only 2012, in the big picture man kind has only been around for seconds and we are all stupid compared to say 500- 1000 years from now. Just be happy you were even here at all.

July 19, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. life4takin

Heroin, Satans white horse.... mount it's stead and ride it well for the white horse of heroin will surly take you to hell.

July 19, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jersey Memories

Like Poster Chazz I grew up late 40s through the 50s in Mercerville Inow Hamilton} and have fond memories of Trenton and Schools I attended and friends. Sorry for what I am reading on this story....

July 22, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |