July 19th, 2012

Feds raid NJ capital's city hall one day after searching mayor's home

Federal agents raided City Hall in New Jersey's capital on Thursday, one day after they swarmed the home of the city's mayor, as well as those of his brother and a campaign supporter.

"The FBI is executing search warrants at various offices at Trenton City Hall, pursuant to an ongoing investigation," FBI Public Affairs Officer Barbara Woodruff said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Cooper

my mistake, Trenton mayor is not Booker

July 19, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Loyal Northern Democrat

Just nuke NJ. No loss.

July 19, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • ohsnap

Maybe they should nuke your brain...no loss.

July 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really Jersey

Just gather the crooked politicians & make them radioactive. Leave the rest of us alone. As a show of good faith, I'll donate my former mayor who was impeached for nepotism.

July 21, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  3. JDM

Jay Jay: Maybe you should back up your Obamacare statements with facts. Oh, wait, what you stated was false. Hmmm, that's weird..

July 19, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Huh?

Jay Jay – I think you are posting in the wrong article. Thus, your paranoia would be understood should your comments be removed as they are absolutely irrelevant. I mean, if we want to extract details from ANY legislation passed at ANY moment I can certainly go dredge up some Republican Sponsored items and show you the crazy stuff in there...toss me a topic and I'll toss it right back at you bro.

July 19, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cooper

Sorry, my mistake Trenton Mayor is Mack. Sorry to Booker.

July 19, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. yragm

Actually I think another news network listed him as a Dem.

July 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. RT

This has been a long time coming... mack has dragged the city down to the point of collapse... I applaud these actions... maybe now our fine city can heal and grow...

July 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LarryB

Trenton? I assume Stephanie Plum is somehow involved, along with Lula, Ranger, Morelli and of course Grandma Mazur.

July 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Huh?

Hey – New Jersey actually has some of the most beautiful beaches in the continental United States, it also has amazing farmland, forests and beautiful towns and villages. The suggestion to "Nuke It" is lame for too many reasons to even waste time stating. I am assuming the ignorance of that post is because the poster only drives the NJ Turnpike thus only sees roughly 1,000 yards either side of the freeway. Thus I can swap out "New Jersey" for: Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami – any urbanized area in the world, actually.

July 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ffacts

i'd rather live in haiti than nj

July 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jferg

lol @ MsB. I think theyre working on an app for that.

July 19, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dave

@Jayjay: Sorry bucko...but if you're going to make a statement, at least make sure its the truth. None of the sections of Obamacare you cited existed...and you could tell by the way you wrote them anyway...the bill is written in a legal manner...all of your so-called citations sounded like they were written by a 4th grader.

July 19, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jorge washinsen

It is very funny when as election time rolls around the search warrants come out. I wonder what happened to the one about the white House intelligence leaks,some wish to refer it as "intellengence leaks"? What happened to them?

July 19, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

whats up with Obama crappin all over the American dream saying "you didn't build that". Bull crap I built it and I didn't need the flippin govts help doing it either. Time to vote this socialist bum out folks

July 19, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Kaufman, Oceanside, CA

Nothing happens to the White House agents who work for the President, they are all above the law and above any crimes to which they may commit. There are two sets of rules in play here. Protection when you are above the law and you can commit any crime you want, even the ultilmate and get away free. The other you can accuse anyone of anything with no proof and get warrents, even arrested and jailed those with no proof, that is the way the system works.

July 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ffacts

in this country, you are free to succeed as far as your talents, ability and perseverance takes you.

all the disruptive and bad behaving young adults in high school right now, will be the same people who fail in life, and put their hand out for free services from the government, and complaining when they don't get it. we used to be a hard working, self reliant country.

July 19, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • BSResponder

ffacts says, "but you are also free to do nothing, and you are free to fail. and if that happens, do NOT blame the gov, country, pres, school or anyone or anything. you only have yourself to blame!" Perhaps true ONLY if you are lazy do-nothing. But most of this Tea-Party manifesto sounding BS also seems to think that IF you fail, you are automatically a person who has done nothing and therefore deserves no help. Tell that to the farmer whose crop is drying up, tell that to the family who has a spouse with a crippling illness, or got "downsized" or "offshored." THINK before you post this BS.

July 19, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Matt

What happens if I OBSTRUCT them?

July 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |