Gotta Watch: Fast food fondlers
Some Burger King employees lost their jobs over this photo that went viral.
July 19th, 2012

Gotta Watch: Fast food fondlers

Fast food service may not be considered “fine dining” but customers who frequent such establishments expect a certain level of sanitation. Unfortunately, in some cases that trust is misplaced.  Check out these videos of fast food workers with less than healthy manners.  Do their punishments fit their crimes?

Fast food workers fired over food safety

Burger King is the latest establishment to fall victim to employee hijinks going viral. Unlike the other videos on this list, the camera doesn’t reveal any faces. Watch this video to learn how the sneaky culprit was caught.

2009: Domino's food tampering video

Viral anti-sanitation videos took a disgusting leap in 2009 at a Domino’s store after two employees filmed themselves “mishandling” various foods. Do you side with one of the staffer’s brothers or are you too shocked by what their video shows to care?

2008: Employees bathe in store sink

In 2008, a few Kentucky Fried Chicken employees took a dip in their store’s sink and posted photos of their act on MySpace. While their fellow staff certainly don’t defend their action, perhaps you’ll wonder why they still say it’s sanitary.

Post by:
Filed under: California • Fast Food • Food • Gotta Watch • North Carolina • Ohio • U.S.
  1. HamiltonHab

As somebody that has worked in restaurants, albeit not in fast food, for over 10 years i will tell you the truth. The "3 second rule" does exist and in many restaurants it is more like a 10 second rule. When you are demeaning or talk down to your waitres you might catch her on a bad day. When you ask for something not on the menu or drastically change a menu item to your pleasure the same thing goes for the cook. I myself have never done anything to a customers food however I have never worked in fast food but I bet for minimum or a barely living wage many workers in these types of places really don't care.

July 19, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I have also worked in fine dining, and I can tell you, what you have said it the total truth!

July 19, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BOMBO ©

Krusty the Clown: "You people are pigs! I am personally going to spit in every 50th burger."

Homer Simpson: "I like those odds."

July 19, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • theguy

Bahaha, well played.

July 19, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hey BOMBO!
      Krusty the Clown has some things working against them; his name is Krusty, and he is a clown...clown are just, well, creepy.
      No offense to any non-creepy clowns out there, if they exist...

July 19, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pinchy the lobster

Perhaps burger king should sue the people who did it?

July 19, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

@ Ted, i take it your a Romney supporter then? Why is that, because he RAN a bussiness? Heck just vote for Ronald McDonald then, hes probably more successful. After all, look how many americans he employs. Sheesh!

July 19, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Thanks for the visual, Jeff!
    Ick!

July 19, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jo Gordon

Garbage in. Garbage out!

July 19, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

You have integrity.
    Apparently that's lacking in the restraunts profiled here today...

July 19, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

@ Josh L, me too. Young ones today have no respect tho.

July 19, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. angrybabykitty

A whole new meaning to "service with a smile".

July 19, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RJ

One problem with the system, the CEO gets paid 60 million per year to tell investors how well run the company is, and the people actually doing the work get $9/hour. If they found a CEO for 12 million and gave all employees a raise, then the company might actually be better run. ps. it would not bother me if staff took a bath in the sink, that is low on the list of concerns.

July 19, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chan

Always amazes me that people think this doesn't happen. It happens one way or another at every food service establishment... EVERY. You don't even have to worry about it always being some idiot and a booger. Often its just dropped, mishandled or infested (Exaggerating this one;still gross) product. Quality from top to bottom in all our establishments is pathetic. In most cases warning of inspectors are sent to management so they scrap in a hurry to get the place to pass for just that day. The same thing when their higher ups come to check the store; they a warned and tidy up b4 they arrive...Only to go back to low standards the min they leave. Even at that inspectors don't really prevent any of this. It lays in the hands of our lackluster management force. Management is horrible in this country. I mean why not; if they cant get it together in politics why would the bottom of the tier be any better.)

July 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. dazzle ©

This conduct of these establishments is disgusting and part of the reason I don't do fast food. I've been around the perimeter of the restaurant industry for close to 25 years. The father of my daughter is renowned as a chef. He owns 8 restaurants and has cameras in every part of the kitchen to ensure sanitary precautions are always maintained. When he is not personally cooking he can watch employee conduct on his computer. What I can thank him for teaching me that when you enter a restaurant immediately check out the bathroom for cleanliness and then ask for a tour of the kitchen. I'm sure the proprietors think I am a pain in the butt but I don't care. I frequent many ethnic restaurants and do this every time. Health departments in every city should publish restaurant ratings. Anything less than an A should be avoided.

July 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. James Morton

In my home town, a fast food guy got caught adding a little extra "cream" to the sausage and gravy. Who knows how long he'd been doing it.

July 20, 2012 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. Supernatural

Oh yummy lettuce with pepper or is that toe lint?

July 20, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. Tim Liao

Lost their jobs? How about prosecuted and jail time?

July 20, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |