Gotta Watch: Fast food fondlers
Some Burger King employees lost their jobs over this photo that went viral.
July 19th, 2012

Gotta Watch: Fast food fondlers

Fast food service may not be considered “fine dining” but customers who frequent such establishments expect a certain level of sanitation. Unfortunately, in some cases that trust is misplaced.  Check out these videos of fast food workers with less than healthy manners.  Do their punishments fit their crimes?

Fast food workers fired over food safety

Burger King is the latest establishment to fall victim to employee hijinks going viral. Unlike the other videos on this list, the camera doesn’t reveal any faces. Watch this video to learn how the sneaky culprit was caught.

2009: Domino's food tampering video

Viral anti-sanitation videos took a disgusting leap in 2009 at a Domino’s store after two employees filmed themselves “mishandling” various foods. Do you side with one of the staffer’s brothers or are you too shocked by what their video shows to care?

2008: Employees bathe in store sink

In 2008, a few Kentucky Fried Chicken employees took a dip in their store’s sink and posted photos of their act on MySpace. While their fellow staff certainly don’t defend their action, perhaps you’ll wonder why they still say it’s sanitary.

Post by:
Filed under: California • Fast Food • Food • Gotta Watch • North Carolina • Ohio • U.S.
  1. food critic

What do u expect? Look who they have working at these places..If they are living filthy at home then you know they dont take any pride at what they do at work...pants hanging on their butts showing their skidmark underwear and stinks like a hog pen...lmfao

July 20, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@food critic-LMFAO too. So true.

July 20, 2012 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Lone

These are blatant exceptions, the likelihood of your coming into someone who purposely contaminates your food is near zero. a

July 20, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Church Of The Poisoned Mind

food critic, I'll assume you know how they live because you are one of them...

July 20, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sam

Wanna know what's really gross? I heard they take the muscle tissue of dead cows, grind it up, and then serve that instead of sterile hamburger at McDonalds. And their french fries are made from potatoes that are grown in DIRT out in the OPEN! It's so gross!

July 20, 2012 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
    • me

all potatos are grown in DIRT. I have friends who work at the actual mcdonalds plant and it is real beef being used in their meat. and all restraunts use fries made from potatos grown in dirt. did you think potatos are grown in water or on trees? Yes some people who work in fast food places are idiots and dont care what they do to other peoples food but just cause you hear people say things about a food establishment does not make it true. some people start saying things cause they got fired and their lies get passed around and blown out of proportion. If you have a problem with a fast food place or any restraunt then dont eat there. no one is forcing you to go there.

July 20, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. vonlobos

It should be more than firing. Food Safety is NO laughing matter. There should be laws to define this type of activity as a felony with a longer jail term. People, including myself, have become very ill do to mishandled food. For the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, the way food is handled can mean life or death.

July 20, 2012 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  4. m_deville

There should be surveillance cameras installed in every fast food kitchen. If employees know they are being watched, this kind of behavior would stop immediately. These days the only fast food places I go to are the ones like Subway or Quiznos where they make the sandwich to order right in front of you. At least you can SEE them spitting in your food. ;p

July 20, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
    • ken b

THANK YOU THANK YOU...Same ova here.... I Don't Trust The fast Food Places Like I used TO. Only Ones I Trust is where They've Earned My TRUST that I'll Go TO. but Other wise Its DISGUSTING ALL OF IT !!

July 20, 2012 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
    • POWMIA

I not so sure it wouldn't happen if cameras were installed. After all, each of these people were happy to film themselves doing these disgusting acts. They didn't need anyone's help. They were perfectly content to broadcast their actions themselves. People do stupid things all the time, even when they are being filmed. That said, we do need to be able to catch them, so I agree, its a good idea for all restaurants to have cameras rolling in the kitchen at all times and keep the past 48-72 hrs recorded so the owners can monitor the workers. I wouldn't require it though. Those systems are fairly expensive and most restaurants are just barely staying in business, so it could be too much of a burden to force them to have camera systems in place. Burger king, and other financially well off establishments don't have much of an excuse though. I bet most of those types of establishments already have systems in place to deter food and cash register theft though.

July 20, 2012 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. drap ®

check please... .

July 20, 2012 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. meme

Those ddykkes don't surprise me. They're all foul and obscent and repulsive and angry and intolerant.

July 20, 2012 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Winston5

look in the (probably cracked) mirror.

July 20, 2012 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Church Of The Poisoned Mind

meme would to to wipe the residue from its coke first...

July 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JW

ANYONE caught tampering with food served to the public should be arrested, charged and when convicted and sent to prison, served food that has had the same thing done to it that they did to the food for the duration of their prison sentence.

July 20, 2012 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
    • ajbuff

But I have to wonder if making a huge criminal deal out of it will tempt more deviants to do it on the sly. I think the camera idea posted below is the best – cameras in all kitchens and fast food restaurants!!!!!!

July 20, 2012 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
    • me

Agreed. Jail time should be mandatory.

July 20, 2012 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • JTH

Yes... thats it put more people in prison. We have about 1% of our population in prison at any given time. More that any industrialized nation. Prison should be reserved for violent offenders.

July 20, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. Hornsea 1

There are only two people in this world that I trust implicitly when it comes to food handling & hygiene – and one of them is not me!

July 20, 2012 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Church Of The Poisoned Mind

That doesn't sy much about your hygiene, now does it?

July 20, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. asche

Yeah well. This kind of thing has been going on for decades. Idiots will be idiots and we have plenty of them. When you see stuff like this it's hard to argue against 'big brother' isn't it?

July 20, 2012 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
    • NoTheism

I'll refer you to Jefferson's saying about freedom and security.

July 20, 2012 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  10. lauradet

I cook my own meals at home.

July 20, 2012 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • ROger

Unless you grow your own food. Then someone somewhere is handling your food as well and may or may not contaminate it. there are no guarantees.

July 20, 2012 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. Gee

The dirt from under their shoes has more nutritional value than anything served from a fast food joint.

July 20, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  12. Bill

How do you fix this? Pay these people more than $6 an hour. Then they would actually care.

July 20, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike the Amerian

So, paying someone 7$/hr will stop this? Would you be willing to pay an extra 2$ for a big mac meal for this?

July 20, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Church Of The Poisoned Mind

I'm not willing to pay any amout of money for a Big Mac meal. Garbage.

July 20, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. me

I worked with an immature bearded punk hipster fudge packing wanna be graphic designer in NYC (Michael) who admitted to spitting in peoples food at Le Pain Quotidien. The really odd part of it was how he openly mentioned this at a "real job" in front of a group of co-workers as if he were proud of it. Laughing and snickering. Super creepy that we live among all kinds and different levels of sick people! If you spit in someones food, my guess is you are a huge loser, like Michael the graphic designer from NYC, and have some serious psychological problems, maybe stemming back to his parents not accepting him for being gay. I eat a lot less restaurant food now. He seems normal on the outside. Scary.

July 20, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike the Amerian

If you're telling the truth (he really did say this), it's perfectly legal to post his full real name here. Sounds like someone I know.

July 20, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Church Of The Poisoned Mind

You are turning this into an anti-gay rant? It must be sad to be you.

July 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. me

This should go on your permanent record so they never work with food again, or anywhere really. Who would hire such a loser?

July 20, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  15. JeramieH

Cook at home... it's the only way to be sure.

July 20, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike the Amerian

Well sometimes I spit in my own food at home. At least it's my spit. XOXO

July 20, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |