July 22nd, 2012

WWF ousts Spanish king as honorary president over Botswana hunting trip

The conservation group World Wildlife Fund ousted Spain's King Juan Carlos as its honorary president after his Botswana hunting trip sparked an outcry for its extravagance during an economic crisis.

The king's private visit came to light this year when he was rushed back to Madrid to undergo hip surgery after falling during the trip.

A firestorm ensued, forcing the 74-year-old king to apologize in April.
"I am very sorry. I made a mistake and it won't happen again," the king said on Spanish state television as he left the hospital.

The Spanish chapter of the WWF voted Saturday to abolish the honorary post, which the king has held since 1968.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: World
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

Bill, Jim, and Scott were at a convention together and were sharing a large suite on the top of a 75-story skyscr aper. After a long day of meetings they were shocked to hear that the elevators in their hotel were broken and they would have to climb 75 flights of stairs to get to their room. Bill said to Jim and Scott, let's break the monotony of this unpleasant task by concentrating on something interesting. I'll tell jokes for 25 flights, and Jim can sing songs for 25 flights, and Scott can tell sad stories the rest of the way. At the 26th floor Bill stopped telling jokes and Jim began to sing. At the 51st floor Jim stopped singing and Scott began to tell sad stories. "I will tell my saddest story first," he said. "I left the room key in the car!"

July 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Shmo

Shhhhhh.......troll.

July 22, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

I was performing a complete physical,
including the visual acuity test.
I placed the patient twenty feet from the chart and began,
"Cover your right eye with your hand."
He read the 20/20 line perfectly. Now your left."
Again, a flawless read. Now both," I requested.
There was silence. He couldn't even read the large E on the top line.
I turned and discovered that he had done exactly what I had asked;
he was standing there with both his eyes covered.
I was laughing too hard to finish the exam.

July 22, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

After the fall in Garden of Eden, Adam was walking with his sons Cain
and Abel. As they passed by the ruins of the Garden of Eden, one of
the boys asked, "Father, what's that?"
Adam replied, "Boys, that's where your mother ate us out of house and
home."

July 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I'll post one more comment only because
      THAT WAS THE BEST AND MOST ACCURATE POST EVER WRITTEN !
      How fitting! With that I bid you adieu Katman...
      Peace!

July 22, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shmo

oooooooh, evil bad eve. bye bye

July 22, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

lol...

July 22, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Shmo

you depress me too

July 22, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

A little boy was attending his first wedding. After the service, his cousin asked him, "How many women can a man marry?"
    "Sixteen," the boy responded.
    His cousin was amazed that he knew the answer so quickly.
    "How do you know that?"
    "Easy," the little boy said. "All you have to do is add it up, like the Preacher said: 4 better, 4 worse, 4 richer, 4 poorer."

July 22, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Shmo

i just read patern's statue has come down. huh.

July 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Thanks for the Sunday jokeage, Rawr!

July 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. fernace

A mistake!? Thats what the Spanish King calls it!? I wonder how many "mistake" safaris he's been on since 1968! A mistake is misplacing a decimal in a math equation or wearing new shoes for a long walk! Hey, I made a mistake! I initially thought WWF was World Wrestling Federation, lol! Killing animals is not a mistake, it's a well thought out act! Shame on this King! And shame to any1 killing preservation animals, for any reason, legal or not! We need these animals more than they need us, for ecological reasons! Since we pride ourselves in our brain power, perhaps we should put the ol' grey matter to work & stop invading animal territories! Just because the land looks empty & ripe for fashioning an "asphalt jungle" doesn't mean we should or that there arent living creatures residing there! PS.Trolls are Not people! Read your Scandinavian fairytales again & get back to me! Blog trolls give the fairytale trolls a bad name! Lol!! ūüėČ

July 22, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@fernace:
      I know, right?
      A mistake, my left foot...
      And considering just how broke Spain is, it makes his actions even worse...what a dolt!

July 22, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat, tell us about the kid that cried wolf plz. Just thought of it when i heard once AGAIN that it was the FINAL post. Sheesh already! And lol @ fernace, brick wall gf!

July 22, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

When a little boy his grandfather watch over his sheep he finds himself alone and bored. He watches as the village people go about their days while he is alone on the hill. One day he decides to cry wolf and all the village people come running. The boy thinks it is a funny joke, so he does it again and the village people come again. The third time he is not so lucky. The joke is on him.

July 22, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

So, the wolf has the boy for lunch?

July 22, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

More of an appetizer. After all he was a "little" boy.

July 22, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Same wolf as "Little Red Riding Hood"?

July 22, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

Just dressed in different clothing.

July 22, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

Based on what you know about him in history books, what do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today?
    1. Writing his memoirs of the Civil War.
    2. Advising the President.
    3, Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin.

July 22, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

4) Killing v a m p i r e s?

July 22, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

You got me on that one. I forgot about the new version of Abe.

July 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

July 22, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Sure he is...he just doesn't know it!

July 22, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.

July 22, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Is sort of like "hear me now, and listen to me later?"

July 22, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

Kinda like hold up three fingers at someone, and telling them to read between the lines.

July 22, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Lol...I *still* love that one...

July 22, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?

July 22, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Look in the mirror.
      Hey, this is fun! ūüôā

July 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

An eccentric philosophy professor gave a one question final exam after a semester dealing with a broad array of topics. The class was already seated and ready to go when the professor picked up his chair, plopped it on his desk and wrote on the board: "Using everything we have learned this semester, prove that this chair does not exist."

Fingers flew, erasers erased, notebooks were filled in furious fashion. Some students wrote over 30 pages in one hour attempting to refute the existence of the chair. One member of the class however, was up and finished in less than a minute.

Weeks later when the grades were posted, the rest of the group wondered how he could have gotten an A when he had barely written anything at all. His answer consisted of two words: "What chair?"

July 22, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |