July 27th, 2012

Friday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - International AIDS Conference - Today is the final day of the International AIDS Conference in Washington.  Among today's highlights - Whoopi Goldberg will address delegates at 11:00 am ET, while Bill Clinton and Rep. Nancy Pelosi deliver closing remarks at 3:15 pm ET.

11:30 am ET - White House briefing -  "Fiscal cliff" fears, the Colorado shootings and Syria will likely top Press Secretary Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: AIDS • Elections • Health • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. Philip

@little mister. The then-secret US gov. Viral Cancer Research Project 1962- when AIDS broke out in public consumed 50,000 African chimpanzees per year, nearly placing that species on the endangered list.
    Guess who they used as lab rats after that. Gay men from Manhattan. (research this for a few years like i did, and then you will know)

July 27, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. Superman

@Phillip,,, you may want to go to writting comic books you have a good imagination outside thhe realms of reallity that is

July 27, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

@Superman. I didn't make this up. Everything I've posted is well documented. Research it for yourself. ty

July 27, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  4. Superman

Phillip lets others voice there thoughts,,,the problem is this he has a one track mind its locked into the suffering of others

July 27, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

And what is your newest obsession with raven? Sheesh. She blogs when SHE feels like it!

July 27, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

That AIDS came from chimpanzees in the wild is the cover story. AIDS came from chimpanzees in labs. We have bills of lading proving 50,000 African chimpanzees PER YEAR were shipped to the USA as lab rats for the congressionally funded Viral Cancer Research Project be

July 27, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. little mister©

I am going to start posting what I really think. I am sick of pretending to be a child because I am a man in my 40's. If there isn't a trademark, it's not me.

July 27, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

I sometimes go to my own little world,
    But that's okay, they know me there.

July 27, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

HoW To KeEp A hEaLtHy LeVeL Of InSaNiTy AnD dRiVe OtHeR PeOpLe iNsAnE

(1) Page yourself over the intercom. (Don't disguise your voice)
    (2) Put mosquito netting around your cubicle.
    (3) Send e-mail to the rest of the company to tell them what you're doing. For example: 'If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom.'
    (4) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
    (5) Develop an unnatural fear of staplers.
    (6) Reply to everything someone says with, "That's what you think."
    (7) Dont use any punctuation in your emails
    (8) Ask people what sex they are. When they answer, say "are you sure"?
    (9) Stand in front of your parked car and point a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.

July 27, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

lmfao @ bobcat, too funny! And @ little mister, yup you should always be yourself. If others dont like it, s c r e w em!

July 27, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

One day a Blonde was going down the road in her car when she sees a car accident. She comes to a stop 2 miles down the road because she hit the gas instead of the brakes.
    The Blonde then proceeds to pull out 2 naked cardboard men that she put long coats on. She then sets them up along side the road.
    After an hour passes and traffic backs up 12 miles, a cop comes by. The cop pulls over onto the side of the road. He steps out and asks the woman what those cardboard things are for. She says, "Oh nothing sir, these are just my emergency flashers."

July 27, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. saywhat

Good morning all.
    @Philip
    News about those lab chimps linked to the Aids virus did surface sometime back but then disappeared off the radar as suddenly. Has anyone any clue?

July 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. saywhat

My thoughts this Friday were on the massive military crackdown against separatists in India's Assam province.This has been going on for sometime but we never hear of it. Our MS media completely ignores this insurgency in India just like they ignore the military occupation of Kashmir or attacks against Christian missionaries by Hindu extremist terrorist groups.
    Why?

July 27, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saywhat

While on this train of thought I also remember the sociol-economic unrest and protests going on in Israel for months. Last week during these protests a desperate Israeli tired and frustrated to get his rights, put himself on fire.
    Did anyone here caught this story on "World News" on any channel??

July 27, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

I have personally done Nos. 1, 3, 6, and 9.....lol...
    I didn't use the same scenario for #3, but similar things...

July 27, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |