July 27th, 2012

Friday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - International AIDS Conference - Today is the final day of the International AIDS Conference in Washington.  Among today's highlights - Whoopi Goldberg will address delegates at 11:00 am ET, while Bill Clinton and Rep. Nancy Pelosi deliver closing remarks at 3:15 pm ET.

11:30 am ET - White House briefing -  "Fiscal cliff" fears, the Colorado shootings and Syria will likely top Press Secretary Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: AIDS • Elections • Health • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. saywhat

Our very own Hillary Clinton visited Egypt recently to prop up the military rulers. Half a million Egyptians gathered where she was staying protesting her visit chanting "you are not welcome here" " US stop interfering in our affairs".
    Her car was pelted with old shoes.
    Should we Americans be informed of the sentiment on the ground where we are intruding? Or should that be left to the discretion of our 'free' media ??
    Any thoughts??

July 27, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

My apologies for injecting some bitterness in an otherwise chirpy Friday morn.

July 27, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

My thoughts are in-line w/yours @saywhat.
    And to continue this mornings convo on the origin of AIDS...TRUE. Many cases of AIDS were reported in the USA long before what is publicly understood. (it was called KS, Karposi Syndrome) And true about 1956 being the year AIDS broke-out officially. The Viral cancer Research Project was started in 1937 at nazi Bayer AGs corporate concentration camp where todays Bayer Pharmaceuticals world headquarters are built. Jews were substituted for chimpanzees until the program and it's doktors were captured and brought back to Manhattan. (see above for details)

July 27, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

There is a taker of umbrage amongst us today. I know of two jokes this umbrage taker would have taken umbrage with. So umbrage on umbrage taker, for I now take umbrage with those who choose to take umbrage with my jokes.
    Or better yet, try growing a sense of humor.

July 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Umbrage©

It had to be said.

July 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

And I also take umbrage with the neverending prattle on certain subjects. Subjects that can and may as well be copy/pasted because of the frequency of them.

July 27, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Umbrage©

What???

Sorry.
      I had to.

July 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

Wow, now I'm being moderated because someone took umbrage with me for saying d-a-m-n without splitting it up.

July 27, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Umbrage©

Well, I certainly take bobcat (in a hat)© with that...

July 27, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

😉

July 27, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mary

@bobcat@, welcome to the club.

July 27, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

A farmer was milking his cow. He was just starting to get a good rhythm going when a bug flew into the barn and started circling his head. Suddenly, the bug flew into the cow's ear. The farmer didn't think much about it, until the bug squirted out into his bucket When he was telling his friends about it, he said, Yep,. It went in one ear and out the udder.

July 27, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Garoooooooooooan!!!

July 27, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Well, I had to have at least one of them.

July 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Bciah, here's the first one I have given out in a while:
      *Facepalm*™

July 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Thank you banasy, I wear those as a badge of honor. It at least shows I've gotten "some" kind of reaction to my attempt at humor.

July 27, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ banasy ©

Is a sense of humor becoming another lost art ? People are just offended to easily these days. I'm beginning to feel like bobcat (in a hat)© and umbrage is becoming synonymous.

July 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Rawr, @3:03:
      No, I don't think so.
      Jokes are good; a sense of humor is absolutely essential.
      Having one does *not* mean that life is taken any less seriously when warranted.

Life is meant to be lived, not dreaded.

July 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

Thanks my friend for brightening up the day for us the more 'troubled by events' kind @bobcat.
    I'm also guilty of prattling on subjects that I feel are of concern to us Americans. Do be lenient .

July 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ saywhat

I truly don't consider "your" posts prattle. You don't continuously beat a dead horse on one subject, as if thinking the repetitive nature of posting on one comment may somehow work on our psyche and convince us it's all true.
      I respect your opinions as you seem to have a good grasp on the current events. You also give other posters their dues when warrented.
      Post on my friend. Post on.

July 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ saywhat

I truly don't consider "your" posts prattle. You don't continuously beat a dead horse on one subject, as if thinking the repeti tive nature of posting on one comment may somehow work on our psyche and convince us it's all true.
      Post on my friend. Post on.

July 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Awww @ saywhat, you have a great rest of the day. And dont fret we enjoy your posts as much as we do bobcats! Every home should have one of each of your posts daily! I consider it a staple in my life.

July 27, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

lmao @ little mister, are you behaving?

July 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Boogeyman

Did someone call for me earlier???

July 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saywhat

Thanks@bobcat@chrissy
    You folks do so encourage one who has a lot to learn from his fellow bloggers.
    Have an enjoyable evening all. Don't miss out on the Olympics Opening , let me remind all that its in London and "not in the middle of nowhere".

July 27, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

@ Saywhat, no thanks required, i only told the truth dear man. 😉

July 27, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |