August 7th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

The race to the presidency now turns toward the general election in November.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

11:40 am ET - Romney in Illinois - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney takes his campaign to Elk Grove Village, Illinois, where he'll discuss the economy at a manufacturing plant.

1:00 pm ET - Mars rover briefing - It's been "so far, so good" for the Curiosity rover on its Mars mission.  The Jet Propulsion Laboratory updates the public on the mission this afternoon.

1:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The Wisconsin temple shootings, Syria and the economy will likely dominate Press Secretary Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. hobdog (in a spitoon)

I don't get how Romney thinks Solomons Temple will be rebuilt in N. America as all mormons are taught. But to each his own, I guess. Acourse I never have understood President Obama and his burning hell god. (shrug)
    Outlaw organized religions and all of this bs goes away.

August 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

Isn't it in Utah?

August 7, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Obama Mama

I just heard it from you and if anyone wants to see how low the GOP will go to get Obama out of the white house go to snopes.com. that is a joke since I went to Waynes view at culture kill. com and it is another birther hoax.

August 7, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Mama:
    Nothing surprises me anymore.
    The closer we get to the election, the more we will see asinine rumors by peole like the one above.
    I suppose, being the net, people can write whatever one wishes; truth doesn't enter the equasion with this kind of rhetoric.
    In other words, ssdd.

August 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Obama Mama

I am wondering why CNN has blocked me from posting on the Harry Reid thread. Could you tell me why CNN? I haven't even posted on there yet.

August 7, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

On Monday the muslim mosque in Joplin was burned to the ground, the third such attack by extremists.
    Perhaps CNN doesn't have an affiliate in Missouri or elsewhere, places where such incidents have been happening across US.
    good morning @Obama Mama and @ banasy.
    Well we have seen how low the opponents of President Obama can stoop. I remember a rally of the Tea Party where a woman was parading around with a placard depicting a monkey and the slogan 'Obama go back to...." to the cheer of the crowd. The hoardings that shamefully sprouted up during the mid-terms with slurs. His origins his faith his loyalty what was spared?

August 7, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

Agree@banasy.
    We can also let our concern show by contacting our Reps and those in power.

August 7, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. @Philip

How do you POSSIBLY not excercise your right to vote, yet continue to use free speech to pick on the politi tians that you won't vote out?

August 7, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Obama Mama

@philip It is a rumor and was proven to be untrue and he was not in that school when they said he was. You do not watch enough tv.

August 7, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Obama Mama

I have focused on her whenever you do. We have had this discussion before. If you remember I told you that if Obama does it and says something it will be in his second term, but don't hold your breath.
    lol. You would not vote, don't tread on me today. Don't make your voting my cross to bear.lol

August 7, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

I have never known a Republican who did not vote at every opportunity.
    Remember that in November.
    OBAMA 2012!

August 7, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

Hello Joey if this is really you, hi and I am glad to see you.
      If not take a hike troll.

August 7, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hi, JIF.

August 7, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Does anyone remember the children's story, "The Little Red Hen"?
    I consider a vote to be the Little Red Hen.
    I don't know of any wolf god; is that Norse, or something?
    Somehow, I do not think lifting a gag order on poor Sibel is going to compel anyone who has never voted to start.

August 7, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mary

I vote for God! Enough said... Peace out !!!!!!!!

August 7, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kenny Rogers

Hi Mary

August 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

GAGGED FBI whisteblower Sibel D. Edmonds and the 24 DOD agents who tracked the 9/11 money trail back to the House of Saud are not "assinine rumors". Get a clue bag lady.

August 7, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I was talking about the rumor that was patently false about the exchange student, Philip.
      NOT Sibel.
      Down, boy.

August 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

Good evening @ banasy and obama mama!

August 7, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Good evening, chrissy.
      How are you?

August 7, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Im good thanks. And seriously with all these powerful opinions someone has and he DONT vote? Guess that means he has no right to say squat about ANYTHING the government does! Almost sounds like an illegal alien to me. Lol

August 7, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |