August 10th, 2012

Hackers attack Australian spy agency website

Australia's national intelligence agency acknowledged Friday that its public website may have encountered problems after hackers said they had subjected it to a sustained campaign of cyber attacks.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organization "is aware that there may have been some technical issues with its public website," a spokesman for the organization said.

But the site "does not host any classified information and any disruption would not represent a risk to ASIO's business," the spokesman added, using the agency's abbreviated name.

The hackers, who appeared to have links to the loose collective Anonymous, said they had been launching attacks on the ASIO site and those of other Australian government agencies over the past few days, according to Twitter accounts under the names Anonymous Australia and OperationAustralia.

The ASIO site "has been down for some time now, And will be for the rest of the day!" OperationAustralia tweeted Friday morning, Sydney time. The site appeared to be functioning normally about seven hours later.

FULL STORY

Filed under: World
  1. Philip

@ troll *SO*. I answered your question before you asked. (see 10:01)
    "They tried to sell us this trickle-down... fairy dust before."-President Obama, yesterday. Not speaking of the hellfire doctrine fairytale wolf god, but "theys" tax-cuts. We vs. They. Who will win.

August 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

Oopsy, 12:01 thereSO.

August 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

@ Philip, i have no idea WHAT brought that on OR why you directed that at me!! I dont care to discuss abortion issues with you! I have NOT, nor will NEVER have an abortion! Nor do i believe i have ANY right to tell anyone else how to lead their life!

August 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

They the people of the United States of America...indivisible from We 'cept during elections and churches and the way we raise our kids and what is entertainment. Plus a few others. B-bortions among them. (A-bortions were done with coathangers and gunnysacks)
    We vs. Them. One mans freedom fighter IS another mans terrorist.

August 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SO...

Yeah, banasy already said that. You don't read anybody else's stuff, do you, lol? I am not a troll, i am just using the tried and tru 1000 different names method that you use constantly!!! Are YOU a troll too??? Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot. Sorry you didn't get your sign shown.Next time, right?

August 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Or were you just trying to get me riled up to argue with you today? I dont think every conversation should be an arguement sorry!

August 10, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

I can't imagine someone watching the movie "Australia" starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman, and then post that the movie made no point. But whoops, there it is. Word?

August 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Theres a lot you cant imagine. Like someone else may have a view point different than yours, or that yours could be wrong even! Say WHAT? LOL You really should find yourself an island somewhere alone. Or back to the mothership for reprogramming!

August 10, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

You have once again TOTALLY missed what i responded to you about. It was NOT about bi-racial babies, or abortions, neither of which i would ever TALK to you about as you are not an expert in those topics! I responded to your rally post and am sorry i did!

August 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

No, I'm pretty sure the entire audience that watched "Australia" came to the same conclusion.
    You gals...I invite you to watch that movie and get back with us. Also, "The Kite Runner". One of the most moving movies of all time. (starts in Afghanistan about the time Soviets invaded and follows the lives of two Afghani boys. The book is a true story, and the watered-down movie cleverly makes points thought edited out. But ya gotta kinda look and listen for them. A must see movie for newsies.

August 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Is there some reason
      you have to be dismissive to all women everywhere when addressing one, and not even bother to address that person by name, Philip?

I've read "The Kite Runner".
      I'll not be discussing it with you, because you do not take the opinions of women very seriously, I fear.

Whatever.
      Have a fabulous day, and please do not troll me because I answered you and have an opinion of my own, and you disagree with it.
      Thanks, and have a pleasant afternoon.

August 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

Sheesh. I already said all I care to about RallyBama. He sneezed and he was gone. Like when JFK's dead body rolled through town. Only JFK said more dead than President Obama says alive. And that is a fact.
    And I will choose whenever I darn well please to defend potential Americans, thank you. Why not just put a cork in your piehole when I do instead of personally attacking me since you only yak with "experts".

August 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Creepyphil

You have mucho experience with pieholes, donycha, Philip? Gross word. Gross person.

August 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Oh, I did.
    I just wanted you to admit it so everyone can see that.
    And we call them flowers.
    I don't take offense; I consider the source.

August 10, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Percy

What is the big deal? LSU has plenty of talented players. He will never be missed. Having watched last year’s BCS championship I can say with certainty that this player was all fluff, puff and hype nothing more 😉

August 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Creepyphil

Does he fancy himself smarter for having verbal loose bowels? Does he think himself smarter or better because he is wordy? He starts EVERY ONE OF THE FIGHTS that happens here. He needs to shut HIS ugly piehole and quit clogging the blogs with his "conversation". I should be quiet. He'll throw himself another pity party and start with the martyr syndrome. Ya gets whatcha give. Eat it.

August 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

There were no womens opinions in that movie. Sheesh.
    Who gives a ratz ass what anyone THINKS the book meant anyway! The books author isn't giving you his freaking opinion! He's telling you what happened in and to Afghanistan. Bushco freaking rayped Afghanistan. It does not matter what you think of it. It happened, and is happening under President Obama's watchful eye.
    Ask your president or fav candidate at the next opportunity about the Bush Bin Laden group of investors. Ask him what FBI Sibel D. Edmonds found. LMAO All you would do is seek his autograph or a private session with Bill Clinton wearing a a wig. he he
    The Kite Runner. Everyone should see this movie and listen to the books author. ty

August 10, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

You don't respect my opinion, so this, of course, won't be one to your comment, lol.

August 11, 2012 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |