August 18th, 2012

Coalition service member killed in Afghanistan, ISAF says

A coalition service member has died following an insurgent attack in southern Afghanistan, the International Security Assistance Force said Saturday.

It did not release details about the Friday attack or the service member's nationality.

In a separate Friday incident that was reported earlier, two U.S. troops were killed by an Afghan police officer in Farah province in southwestern Afghanistan, according to the NATO-led command in Afghanistan. Also, two ISAF troops and an Afghan service member were wounded Friday by another Afghan service member in Kandahar province, in the south.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Afghanistan
  1. tigrr

Bush WH Gang did do 9/11 -- check out on youtube: CIA Asset Susan Lindauer Can Now Speak 10 years after 9-11. -- all NYers were exposed to thermite nuke radiation, all soldiers in these bogus wars are exposed to depleted uranium, all Americans have been repeatedly lied to ...

August 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Not sure who you are, but how is it that Lindauer can speak and Sibel D Edmonds is still being gagged.

August 18, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

Afghanistan has become a symbol of failed policy of military interventions and incoherent foreign policy. Both Iraq debacle and this continuing exercise in futility has undermined US credibility, prestige and influence.

This hapless nation watches helplessly as politicians gamble with our destiny.

August 18, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bongo™

Its time for some happy and good things to happen now. Maybe everyone should tweet "please be nice to each other" or something.

August 18, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cobra129

I guess since obama's war policy of announced departure, the Taliban, police and military seem to have their way will k!lling American forces. Talk abot a failure!

August 18, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Revolt

Now the U.S. government is wanting to intervene in Syria and Iran. They could care less about the lives of our soldiers.

August 18, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

@tigrr
    Susan Launder's book"Extreme Prejudice" was censored by CIA and suppressed. It exposed that CIA knew about Israel's complicity in 9/11 attacks. I hope she goes public now.

August 18, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Feel compelled

RIP dead soldier, whomever you are. I have no idea what kind of person you are, or what kind of family you have. All I know is that you died fighting something or other, and my heart goes out to your unknown family. Blessings from an unknown God be on this blessed family.

August 18, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

The mission in Afghanistan has been a complete and total success. Now, China has all the oil they could possibly burn flowing through Afghanistan, and Americans save a penny at china-Mart.
    Mission accomplished. Security forces of some kind must remain to keep the locals who see not one penny from this enterprise from destroying pipelines.
    Troops are and will be coming home, just as fast as they can be replaced with corporate militia.

August 18, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

A soul of scribbles with fangs.

August 18, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

You are a soul. It is not something that you have. It is you. "Adam came to BE a living soul." (he didn't come to HAVE one)
    You are either a living soul or a dead soul. There is no in-between.
    Scribbles? I guess tattoos and cottage cheeze/stretch marks could be called "scribbles". Good point @banasy.

August 18, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Thanks for sharing that you have tattoos and cottage-cheese thighs, @Philip, but that was TMI.

August 18, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Philip

Well of course I have cottage cheese thighs and my junk is drooping with my age and obesity issues. I always take my young boys when they get tats. Some of my priest pals have tats too. They get them on their butts so they can't be seen except when they are undressed. What a turn on....

August 18, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. USAFrank

To all the United States and coalition forces around the world,
    One bit of advice I can give you from my 2 tours during the Vietnam War.
    Stay Locked and Loaded at all times,don't make yourself an easy target and unfortunately trust no one but yourself.

August 18, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • saywhat

A better advice. Get out altogether.11 years of futility.Enough.

August 18, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I agree, saywhat: enough is enough.
      Bring our soldiers home.
      It is way past time.

August 18, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

There is a meaness inside of you, real as an organ.

August 18, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • saywhat

Hi@banasy and@Philip
      I see that the sparring remains unabated. I request in earnest that let it go.
      Issues are a swamping this country. Let's stay together. Let not the warmth ebb.
      I know @banasy is compelled to respond so @Philip be the gentleman that you keep cloaked.

August 18, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@ saywhat, As you can plainly see, Philip was minding his own business when banasy made the remark and a I quote "A soul of scribbles with fangs.". Tell me what he said to her that she would voice such a vicious remark.
      Why don't you address that remark.

August 18, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I have let it go more times than I can count, and I never fire the opening salvo, saywhat.
      Never.
      I pray you remember that.

August 18, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

Furthermore, address this remark she made... "There is a meaness inside of you, real as an organ."
    Please respond in kind

August 18, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

LIar, banasy

August 18, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

My obesity problem stems from the use of Prozac and Paxil and that is why I am so against them. Read about it at ssristories. My case is on there.

August 18, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |