August 23rd, 2012

Strauss-Kahn settlement talks under way, source says

(CNN) - A year ago Thursday, a high-profile criminal case over attempted rape allegations in New York came to an end when a judge dismissed all charges against the former chief of the International Monetary Fund.

Now, there are talks of an out-of-court financial settlement over a civil suit that Dominique Strauss-Kahn still faces in Bronx Supreme Court, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions.

"Negotiations are under way," the source said.

Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. saywhat

So?

Anyone notice how this election campaign and politicians are ignoring Afghan war ? One where our soldiers are dying and we are spending billions of dollars a week.

August 23, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Good afternoon, saywhat.
      I have, and it wouldn't be expedient to bring up such a potentially damaging sticking point to either candidate, would it?
      As for DS-K, I really don't give a flying hoot as to what happens to him anymore.

And yes, before anyone says anything, I *did* click on this story, and I *did* comment.

So?

August 23, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

Hi@banasy
    Right of course its all about expediency.
    Have a good one.

August 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dazzle ©

Hi @saywhat and @banasy, hope your day is going well. As for Strauss-Kahn, he'll get off and then have to face the legal system in France. His fellow bankster in crime Corzinne got off when billions of customer money went missing. If an ordinary citizen stole a loaf of bread in the US they would face prison time.

August 23, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. raven

Know what word I like?
    Bamboozle.

August 23, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Saywhat used that in a post yesterday, raven.
      Bamboozle.
      Right up there with umbrage and, of course, hooliganism.

August 23, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. raven

He did?? Bamboozle?? And here I thought I was an original...dang...how bout kumquat? Anyone use that lately?

August 23, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. raven

I read a study once about languages and etymology. Some linguistics experts made a list of words in English ( I can't remember how many words were on the list, but there were a lot) anyway, they asked non English speaking participants to rate these words according to how pretty they thought they were, both written and spoken. The word they rated "most beautiful"?? Diarrhea. True story.

August 23, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble

i guess it's okay to think the word sound pretty as long as you just don't name a child after it...

August 23, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |