September 1st, 2012

Saturday's live events

The Republicans have had their say, and now it's time for the Democrats to hold their national convention.  Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

10:50 am ET - Romney in Ohio - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney begins his day in Ohio, where he'll participate in a rally in Cincinnati.

2:20 pm ET - Obama visits Iowa - President Obama spends his day in Iowa, beginning with a campaign event in Urbandale.  He'll then travel to Sioux City for an appearance at Morningside College at 7:05 pm ET.

4:30 pm ET - GOP ticket rally - Romney and running mate Rep. Paul Ryan will get together in Jacksonville, Florida, for a campaign event.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. chrissy

Apology accepted hamsta. Lol and as they are 2 VERY different scenarios its a moot point anyway. As for this speech, all it showed me is the man lacks good common sense! Just another quality one DOESNT need for POTUS!

September 1, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

I think our allies will like him as much as Bush.

September 2, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Oh, my goodness gracious me.
    Yeah, that *must* be it, tool.

September 1, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Mumbo jumbo.
    Us centrists like to get the lingo straight.

September 1, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy© II

Good post myself,thank you.

September 1, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

lol not me at 2:30, must be george patton eh banasy?

September 1, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nomenclature

Troll. A person using screennames other than their own. NOT to be confused with Hijackers, who are thieves and steal others exact screennames.
    Odd how most here confuse the two even after being here for years.

September 1, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nomenclature

For example, my name is Philip. Yet I am posed as Nomenclature. I am not trolling. I am posing.
    Had I posed as, say, Phildo, I would still be just as innocent of any wrongdoing, since none here use the s/n Phildo.
    Now, if I were to pose as Banazi, STILL I would bot be in violation. I would simply be using my s/n to highlight a certain charachtaristic of a fellow blogger. 🙂

September 1, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kenney

Not superman at 2:16 thats a troller

September 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

One can make up the rules as they go along, and that's fine; it is seen by all as what it is; trolling another person.

And Kenney, we know it's not you.

September 1, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

About Romney.
    As an LDS leader he taught that the old Jewish Temple in Jerusalem (currently a muslim mosque) that was destroyed by Roman armies in the year 70CE will be rebuilt in N. America, where Jesus Christ will sit as King and High Priest and rule the earth from there.
    And now you know why Romney keeps his religion and politics in seperate bags.

September 1, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kenney

@ banasy c ,,,,,i did my time through a private contractor that ws the so called mistake and im very proud of my accomplishments down there and met some very good people during that time . The lds chusch believes in the harshest punishments so that its members will submit to there teachings and to not repeat again ,,,,,and people call it the true church,,,,,,compassion for others ? Yes! But for its members ? Only certain ones it seems

September 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kenney

@Phillip,,,,your so smart so whats the supposed location where christ is supposed to take that seat ? I already know the answer lets see how smart you are

September 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. famous quotes

"God does not live on Mt. Olympus. Nor does he reside in Israel., though Jews assert that he does and with arms when necessarry."-Scaevola

September 1, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kenney

@phillip that would be the state and name of area (location) please

September 1, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |